Car Problems!!

Started by downgirl, January 04, 2009, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: toby47 on December 03, 2020, 05:01:13 PM
Quote from: JohnDenver on December 03, 2020, 04:24:24 PM
https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

head there and stick in the reg and see what it tells you regarding tax and mot status

Cheers - this just tells me the car hasn't been taxed (from the date I knew it wasn't taxed from)

Just wondering can I sell it on or would the new buyer have to back pay 2.5 years tax in order to tax the car?

The car is still in your name. The DVLA know that it's neither taxed nor SORNed. I'm surprised they didn't issue a letter/fine to you over the last couple of years. Unless they are very lax when it comes to SORN letters/fines?

Don't think it has anything to do with the new owner. He's only liable for taxing or SORNing it from the date he buys the car.

Olly

I've had no antifreeze in my car for 3 years, just water. Is it a fraud?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

general_lee

Have a BMW that is making a rattling noise at idle... it has the N47 engine so I am quite concerned it's the dreaded timing chain. It had a recall and service with BMW around 6 months ago. Anyone any experience of this?

marty34

Quote from: Olly on December 03, 2020, 09:10:45 PM

And obviously working grand in the -5 wintery conditions?

Aristo 60

You mean in windscreen washer reservoir?

WeeDonns

I've a VW Beetle - never had a drop of antifreeze near it in 48years & still going strong

sensethetone

just water in the radiator? how often do you have to put water in?

general

Anyone had any issues with ad blu in Mercedes?

The wife has a 2015 c class - ad blu indicator came on a fortnight ago, add within 400 mile or something. I put add blu in and the light never went off.

Put another 10l.in on wed night and just assumed it was grand.

Phone call yesterday saying the car wont start now... But could be 20l of adblu in it!

shantygael

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 27, 2021, 10:37:52 AM
I've a VW Beetle - never had a drop of antifreeze near it in 48years & still going strong
Haha, good one,did you  add air instead.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

Aristo 60

Wife's CLA is demanding coolant every few weeks for this past few months to the stage now there's nearly more coolant than petrol going in  :o

Any ideas? Expensive fix?

marty34

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 14, 2021, 06:11:25 PM
Wife's CLA is demanding coolant every few weeks for this past few months to the stage now there's nearly more coolant than petrol going in  :o

Is their a leak? Any pools when you drive away after parking for a while?

There's stuff you can buy that fixes leaks in the system I think - without you having to clean the whole system.

Aristo 60

Thanks for reply. No obvious signs of a leak. Will look into the sealant stuff then. Thanks for suggestion 👍🏽

Rois

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 14, 2021, 06:11:25 PM

Time for a Ford Galaxy, no?

Aristo 60

I'm more of a Seat Alhambra guy  ;D

GJL

Quote from: Aristo 60 on February 14, 2021, 09:04:06 PM
Thanks for reply. No obvious signs of a leak. Will look into the sealant stuff then. Thanks for suggestion 👍🏽

Wouldn't be a fan of the sealant. It can cause more problems than it fixes. When coolant level continually drops it is either leaking out somewhere, mixing with the oil or getting into a cylinder and burning off in the combustion. Best thing is to find out exactly what is happening and fix it appropriately. If you don't know how to do this bring it to someone who does.