Dublin v Kerry

Started by INDIANA, March 24, 2009, 01:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Any chance Kerry will field their 2nd string lads and give us a chance? It is Lent and all that a time of goodwill.

armaghniac

Lent is a time of penance, Dublin will do penance on this occasion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Buckass

Hard to see O'Connor keeping Gooch and O'Sullivan rested for this one. When is last time Dublin beat Kerry in league, or championship for that matter? Remember Kerry sending Dubs down to Div 2 in 2007.
Should be a good match up between Bastick and Star. Crokes return should add to it too.

INDIANA

we beat them under tommy carr by about 15 points. the year escapes me- i think that was the last time.

thebandit

Quote from: Buckass on March 24, 2009, 01:29:55 PM
Should be a good match up between Bastick and Star.

:D :D

magickingdom

Quote from: INDIANA on March 24, 2009, 01:21:14 PM
Any chance Kerry will field their 2nd string lads and give us a chance? It is Lent and all that a time of goodwill.

haha hate losing to cork, tyrone, armagh and dublin! if they lose it wont be for the want of trying...

Kerry Mike

QuoteAny chance Kerry will field their 2nd string lads and give us a chance?

No Chance.

Another win and we will be straight into the final so that's the incentive for the Kingdom, and there is currently great competition for places on the team in all positions so that will keep us on our toes, always good to bate the Jackeens too, but will see how it goes at the weekend. :P
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

INDIANA

could you not win the game the following week and go easy on us on Sunday? ;D ;D

Kerry Mike

We always go easy on ye, we have not given ye a good hammering since 1978  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

moysider

Quote from: Kerry Mike on March 24, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
QuoteAny chance Kerry will field their 2nd string lads and give us a chance?

No Chance.

Another win and we will be straight into the final so that's the incentive for the Kingdom, and there is currently great competition for places on the team in all positions so that will keep us on our toes, always good to bate the Jackeens too, but will see how it goes at the weekend. :P

Hmmmm. Relegation looks between 4 teams and if a top team did field a ringer team for either of 2 last matches could let a team in trouble slip the noose. Not likely this week -end as prize of a league final will keep Kerry and Galway honest. Relegation may well hinge on the results of the last weeks matches. Not that relagation is the end of the world. Would concentrate a few minds around here. If it happens to us we could well be staring down the barrel of division 3 this time next year. It happened before before the much maligned Maughan cleanad up the mess. The guy that started the slide then is back again to work his magic.

blanketattack

Quote from: Buckass on March 24, 2009, 01:29:55 PM
Hard to see O'Connor keeping Gooch and O'Sullivan rested for this one. When is last time Dublin beat Kerry in league, or championship for that matter? Remember Kerry sending Dubs down to Div 2 in 2007.
Should be a good match up between Bastick and Star. Crokes return should add to it too.

Prior to 2004 Dublin hadn't been beaten by Kerry at home in the league for 20+ years. Kerry have beaten them twice there since though.

Canalman

Eh, we beat Kerry in the Lgue Final in CP in 1987. I know, I know , I know that Parnell Park is now our "home" but at the time our lgue games were played on Jones' Road.
Anyway, as for next Sunday I feel that it will be close win for Kerry. We are just too disjointed at the moment.

rrhf

For the history buffs amongst youse,   as recent  as 30 years ago this would have been deemed a game between the two best teams in Ireland.

Maguire01

Quote from: rrhf on March 26, 2009, 02:30:06 PM
For the history buffs amongst youse,   as recent  as 30 years ago this would have been deemed a game between the two best teams in Ireland.
:D

Mike Sheehy

QuoteFor the history buffs amongst youse,   as recent  as 30 years ago this would have been deemed a game between the two best teams in Ireland.

yeah, no ball grabbing pervs on those teams. Proper footballers and men.