Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 12, 2019, 11:31:13 PM
Apparently Stephen O'Brien confirmed it as true on his Instagram. That is an absolute disgrace if true and should be looked into.

Aye couldn't be up to then Tyrone heures. Poisoning the enemy. People will believe anything if it's a negative story about Tyrone.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Angelo on August 13, 2019, 07:29:05 AM
If Tyrone were lacing water bottles I don't know why they didn't target the man doing all the damage for Kerry, Maurice Deegan. Sounds like a yerra story to deflect away from the referee.
Maurice would have smiled it off before noticing a free 50 metres away.

tonto1888

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 12, 2019, 11:44:05 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 12, 2019, 11:31:13 PM
Apparently Stephen O'Brien confirmed it as true on his Instagram. That is an absolute disgrace if true and should be looked into.

Did he? Aye. Must a been strong stuff as them Kerry lads were shite in the second half.

I don't see anything on his IG that even mentions it

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on August 13, 2019, 07:29:05 AM
If Tyrone were lacing water bottles I don't know why they didn't target the man doing all the damage for Kerry, Maurice Deegan. Sounds like a yerra story to deflect away from the referee.

Angelo if Maurice deegan goes missing I know who my number one suspect would be >:(

southtyronegael

Watched the full game last night and hand on heart don't think deegan rode us. Maybe 2 softish frees for Kerry early second half but only look soft when u see replay.

clarshack

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 13, 2019, 09:37:25 AM
Watched the full game last night and hand on heart don't think deegan rode us. Maybe 2 softish frees for Kerry early second half but only look soft when u see replay.

Deegan didn't help but keeping PH on for the full game hurt Tyrone more.

RedHand88

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 13, 2019, 07:24:51 AM
That water bottle story has got to be nonsense

Them Kerry ones just can't handle that strong Rocwell stuff.

greatpoint

Quote from: Whishtup on August 12, 2019, 10:06:40 PM
1. Dublin
2. Tyrone/Kerry
3. Mayo
4. Cork/Donegal/Roscommon

That's how it is.

Tyrone would be ranked below Donegal, Dublin, Kerry given that they lost comprehensively to all three this season. The only teams you can rank them above in this list is Cork & Roscommon. Mayo would have more than likely beaten them had they met, they have shown repeatedly this decade that they can't compete in Croke Park against good teams. On the basis of beating Tyrone well and drawing with Kerry you would have to rank Donegal above them.

Taylor

Quote from: greatpoint on August 13, 2019, 10:24:00 AM
1. Dublin
2. Tyrone/Kerry
3. Mayo

That's how it is.

Tyrone would be ranked below Donegal, Dublin, Kerry given that they lost comprehensively to all three this season. The only teams you can rank them above in this list is Cork & Roscommon. Mayo would have more than likely beaten them had they met, they have shown repeatedly this decade that they can't compete in Croke Park against good teams. On the basis of beating Tyrone well and drawing with Kerry you would have to rank Donegal above them.

Bar one performance against a below par Donegal I can see zero evidence for rating Mayo above Tyrone this season

greatpoint

Quote from: Taylor on August 13, 2019, 10:30:21 AM
1. Dublin
2. Tyrone/Kerry
3. Mayo

That's how it is.

Bar one performance against a below par Donegal I can see zero evidence for rating Mayo above Tyrone this season

Fair enough. It's tough to make the case for Tyrone beating them as well though, given how their season went.

Whishtup

Quote from: greatpoint on August 13, 2019, 10:34:39 AM
Quote from: Taylor on August 13, 2019, 10:30:21 AM
1. Dublin
2. Tyrone/Kerry
3. Mayo

That's how it is.

Fair enough. It's tough to make the case for Tyrone beating them as well though, given how their season went.

Donegal got bate by an average Mayo team with injuries and had only one key player out. Not convinced that they would bate Tyrone in Super 8's.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 12, 2019, 10:09:39 PM
Anyone hear about water bottles?
Interesting. In future, teams playing Tyrone should be wise enough to not drink the water bottle offered to them but to switch to the second bottle instead.
However, this move may already be anticipated by Tyrone and they'd have left the first one clean and poisoned the second bottle.

Basically, just don't drink out of a bottle with your girlfriend's phone number written on it.

screenexile

Just read that in the last 11 years Tyrone have played Kerry/Mayo/Dublin 11 times in Championship and won zero of these games. How can they be above them then.

There may be a case for Tyrone being better than Donegal but then they beat them quite convincingly in the Championship so hard to say Tyrone aren't 5th in the pecking order.

Shamrock Shore

Christ.

Next thing we know Tyrone will be involved in some Novichok incident in the McKenna Cup.

Aside from the jokes if true then it should be the subject of an official investigation and proper action taken - although I am not sure if there is a prohibition on poisoning your opponent.

Cunny Funt

Did Colm Cavanagh give a hint he's retiring with that tweet?