Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

Ref Watch:

You have to look at who is appointing and assessing these guys.  EUGENE MCCONNELL!!!  That's where the problem lies and also the fact that Connelly is not a good referee who has no respect to players.  His assessment will probably be glowing because he blew every foul or interpreted foul and the game had no flow.  On the other hand Hurson might get a poor assessment for not being whistle happy and allowing a bit of flow to the game.

I think referees are under pressure to perform where they feel they need to blow things for the basis of their own assessment where if an assessor was to meet with the referee maybe give them guidance of what he wants to see and id imagine a good assessor would look for good use of the advantage rule etc.  That's just me guessing but I feel Eugene may be a hindrance to these lads
Living the dream!!!

TyroneOnlooker

I've had the displeasure of being refereed by Connolly on a few occasions and how he continues to get games is beyond my comprehension. He continually insults players with abusive language, is absolutely inept in terms of enforcing the rules - eg. being an absolute stickler for frees being hit from exactly the spot where the foul took place down to the centimetre, then letting the most obvious fouls go. Never seen him favour any team, just abysmal for both.

Really don't like making personal comments on anyone over an internet forum but unless you experienced this guy first hand you really can't understand how bad it is. I believe there was some issue with him in a soccer league as well. Remember reading about it in papers a while back.

As for the football, a few shocks already Cookstown, Eskra and Pomeroy the obvious ones. On league positions Moy taking Augher is also an upset. Hard for teams dumped out to sit around waiting for league play offs now

the goal was on

Real sickener for club players having to play there championship each year in heavy pitches with wind and rain. The weather at the weekend was atrocious for players having to play there biggest games of the year. No doubt more of the same over the coming weeks and even a cancelaation or 2 due to waterlogged pitch!!

clarshack

Quote from: TyroneOnlooker on September 11, 2017, 11:27:01 AM
On league positions Moy taking Augher is also an upset. Hard for teams dumped out to sit around waiting for league play offs now

must be difficult for Augher now as they don't know if their season is over or not. if championship winners come from top 5 in the league then they will have at least 1 more game in the playoffs. Do they keep training or not?
would also be some craic if Eskra did a Killyman from a few years back and that would certainly leave the relegation playoffs a lot tastier (Cookstown v Rock?). Eskra are a decent championship team and they only lost to Pomeroy by 2 points in the semis last season so it's not impossible.

Knock Yer Mucker In

a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Legoman5 on September 11, 2017, 10:41:24 AM
Dont think McCarron has retired, He's just leavin Dromore by the looks of it, heard all year this was goin to happen - Dublin Club I heard he'll be joining but also hearin this morning rumours maybe a kildare club!!
Strange that he's not staying around for the League Semi Final, I think this sums up his love for the club alrite like he was posting on Facebook..
He was the best player on the field, him and McClure, was a great game considering the conditions!! Shane O'Hagan make the difference coming on, Clonoe dominated around the middle then!
Massive changes going to be needed in Dromore if more players are to pull the pin due to retirements etc, but who's too say this will weaken them? alot of talent to come in aswel! McNabbs and Sluddens are all great players

Dromore aren't finished, no chance, a good underage system, no doubt Mc Carrons experience is hard to replace, a few retirements but youthful ability and enthusiasm is good as well. Mc Donnell was a big lost for you yesterday, a big like Stevie Mc Nulty for us, so dependable, Mc Donnell is reliable in big games for you.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: the goal was on on September 11, 2017, 11:51:04 AM
Real sickener for club players having to play there championship each year in heavy pitches with wind and rain. The weather at the weekend was atrocious for players having to play there biggest games of the year. No doubt more of the same over the coming weeks and even a cancelaation or 2 due to waterlogged pitch!!

Last September and October was fantastic weather, pitches were class. we all have top acknowledge that the weather we are getting this month (September is always very good) and August is abnormally poor weather for the time of year. I am more than happy for these two months to be dedicated to club championship. It is now well established in the Gaa calendar.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2017, 11:59:17 AM
a very enjoyable victory last evening, Dromore had one wide in the game, and in those conditions that is an impressive stat. We had 6/7 wides, so we had the lions share of chances. first half was very even, the first 15 of the second half belonged to Dromore as we struggled to get ball and they made great use of possession. Then there changes made by the line and you could see the game turning as we pressed, we took over the last ten, only one winner at that point. One poster earlier said Dromore will be kicking themselves for not finishing the job, does that mean he thought Dromore would have the ball the entire second half against a team like Clonoe, I don't think so.It not like Dromore missed chances, they didn't. So Clonoe were always going get a run of possession, it was up to them to create scores in that period. The benches of both teams impacted, Clonoe had a bench, Dromore  didn't. It boiled down when the game was in the melting pot who would you put your money on.

was a great game-  Would Cassidy have been on bother staying on if Clonoe were beat - a lot of supporters behind me were shouting abuse at him when he took off colly dorris (who was quiet on the night) and dorris himself didn't look happy to be taken off
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

tothetop03

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 11, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

was a great game-  Would Cassidy have been on bother staying on if Clonoe were beat - a lot of supporters behind me were shouting abuse at him when he took off colly dorris (who was quiet on the night) and dorris himself didn't look happy to be taken off

Hard to know but the changes made last night was us the game.... he took some chance taking Colly off but Shane OHagan swung the game back in our favour so we cant argue about it....

Redhand Santa

Quote from: the goal was on on September 11, 2017, 11:51:04 AM

It's Ireland and you just have to get on with it as best as possible. There is no time of year you are guaranteed good weather without rain or wind. August was very miserable and different years June for example has had loads of very wet days. September normally isn't too bad.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 11, 2017, 12:18:34 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on September 11, 2017, 12:13:14 PM

Hard to know but the changes made last night was us the game.... he took some chance taking Colly off but Shane OHagan swung the game back in our favour so we cant argue about it....

Thats why he gets the big bucks in Clonoe, to make those kind of decisions.  You get what you pay for son & Clonoe are paying for championships

Redhand Santa

Dromore went 4 points up with around ten minutes left and looked to be on top. At that stage they looked like very likely winners. It was a great finish by Clonoe to pull it back though with the goal coming at a crucial time. The stronger sub bench definitely helped make a difference.

tothetop03

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 11, 2017, 12:39:08 PM

Dromore went 4 points up with around ten minutes left and looked to be on top. At that stage they looked like very likely winners. It was a great finish by Clonoe to pull it back though with the goal coming at a crucial time. The stronger sub bench definitely helped make a difference.

I will be quite honest i could never have seen a goal coming a team with Dromore's experience should have being closing up shop, but i have a notion Ricey going off screwed them for his organisation ability alone....

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: tothetop03 on September 11, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

I will be quite honest i could never have seen a goal coming a team with Dromore's experience should have being closing up shop, but i have a notion Ricey going off screwed them for his organisation ability alone....

did u see the goal coming last year 3 minutes into in jury time against Omagh, with the experience they have of Joe and Justin Mc Mahon, and they were on the pitch. Ricey never touched leather

tothetop03

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on September 11, 2017, 12:57:11 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on September 11, 2017, 12:51:29 PM

did u see the goal coming last year 3 minutes into in jury time against Omagh, with the experience they have of Joe and Justin Mc Mahon, and they were on the pitch. Ricey never touched leather

We have a nack of scoring goals.....Ricey didn't get on the ball much but he is a good organiser of men around him..... Dromore will loose him mccarron and possibly Sean ONeill and Fabian now....