The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 26, 2017, 10:53:06 AM
Liverpool obviously miss Mane but the depth of squad doesn't help, they don't have the quality on the bench that United, City, Arsenal & Chelsea have. Spurs have the same problem. In fairness to Klopp he just doesn't have the money to spend that the 4 clubs I've mentioned have.

Chelsea is a huge match, win it and the title talk starts again in the media although I do realise there's no expectancy on here but lose it and you have a fight on your hands for top 4.

Title is gone.

They need a result against Chelsea to kickstart things again and to consolidate their top 4 position.
Whatever happens, they need to strengthen the squad for next season.

Main Street

At the press conference  Klopp looked 10 years older than his normal 10 years older look. Meanwhile Brendan looks like he has a bath in the fountain of youth every week. Heavy lies the Liverpool crown.

AZOffaly

If Shane Long is the answer, then we're asking the wrong question. He's a good pro, but he scores very few goals, and can't make the Southampton first team.

Carra is frustrated.

Main Street

Shane misses 10 sitters for every one he scores. Liverpool could do with a Lewandowski

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Main Street on January 26, 2017, 11:45:22 AM
Shane misses 10 sitters for every one he scores. Liverpool could do with a Lewandowski

Couldn't we all. He'll not be at Pool that's for sure!

Cunny Funt

Not sure is this dip in form is all to do with Mane gone as sometimes you can play too good too soon and peak early as could well be the case right now for Liverpool. The Chelsea game should certainly tell more.

NAG1

Liverpool have been good to watch at times, but the nature of the game that Klopp wants them to play demands high energy and fitness levels and probably the depth of the squad is starting to tell with that now.

He probably isnt used to the number and frequency of games with such a small squad.

In saying that if Sturridge takes one or more of the decent chances he has last night everyone would be talking differently today.

J70

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 26, 2017, 11:51:42 AM
Not sure is this dip in form is all to do with Mane gone as sometimes you can play too good too soon and peak early as could well be the case right now for Liverpool. The Chelsea game should certainly tell more.

Will it though?

Say they DO draw or beat Chelsea. Does that mean that the next lower team to park the bus and get to half time without conceding a goal or even a couple of decent chances is not going to get a result? The issue is breaking down these teams which sit back with two banks of four. Liverpool have to get back the movement and fluidity and speed and interchanging that they had up until Coutinho got injured. Maybe him getting fit and sharp, and Mane returning, will do the trick, but that's not guaranteed. And if it does do the trick, then Klopp has to address the lack of options to them in the summer.

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2017, 12:02:51 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 26, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

Will it though?

Say they DO draw or beat Chelsea. Does that mean that the next lower team to park the bus and get to half time without conceding a goal or even a couple of decent chances is not going to get a result? The issue is breaking down these teams which sit back with two banks of four. Liverpool have to get back the movement and fluidity and speed and interchanging that they had up until Coutinho got injured. Maybe him getting fit and sharp, and Mane returning, will do the trick, but that's not guaranteed. And if it does do the trick, then Klopp has to address the lack of options to them in the summer.
Being in the Champions League or not will have a huge bearing on how many and who they will be able to bring in.
Next 3 home games are Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. If they could manage 7 points from them I'd be reasonably confident of finishing in the top 4.
Interestingly Liverpool are top of the mini top 6 league in games v the other top 6 teams but bottom of the top 6 teams against teams from the bottom 14 clubs.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 26, 2017, 11:44:50 AM
If Shane Long is the answer, then we're asking the wrong question. He's a good pro, but he scores very few goals, and can't make the Southampton first team.

Carra is frustrated.

His lack of goals is a major problem for a striker but for the style of play that Klopp employs, long is ideal a the front man. He does trojan work closing down, running the channels to pick up "out" balls. He could be useful if you accept he's not going to score many. When he does score though you wonder how he doesn't get more because they tend to be nice goals.

The Stallion

I am not the same poster as St Galls. It's an odd accusation and totallly unsubstantiated. Happy to clear up the confusion though.

It feels like I'm doing this on a daily basis, but yet again I agree with my critics who plead for people not to interact with me if they don't think I'm expressing a genuine opinion. To do so is ultimately a futile waste of your limited time on this planet.

I assure the rest of you that I am not trying to troll or get a bite as some have suggested.  In fact I don't umderstand what is seen as controversial about expressing displeasure with a manager who has failed to address key weaknesses in a side he guided to mid table obscurity, yet is mysteriously lauded as a genius.

Orior

I thought the problem last night was too many individuals trying to dribble past players, and not enough triangle running and passing.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

J70

I'm probably going to regret this, once again, but I'll put aside my dismissal of you as a troll for one post and explain it:

You came on here last year, calling Klopp a fraud and a poor manager. This was despite his track record and the general esteem with which he is held in the football world based on that track record. The only evidence you were presenting in your favour was that he stuck an on-loan center back brought in as emergency back-up up front for the last two minutes when Liverpool were chasing goals in a couple of games. And Mignolet getting a contract extension. That was about the height of it and it completely ignored evidence in Klopp's favour such as the run to two cup finals and some very promising attacking play after the paralysis of the last 18 months of Rogers' reign.

This year, you're still talking about Caulker and Mignolet, with the defensive issues Liverpool are suffering thrown in, while giving absolutely no acknowledgement of the marked improvement in the team overall, the generally entertaining and effective style of play and the impressive number of points won so far, despite the recent loss of form.

It's your lack of honesty and balance that marks you out as a troll. How the f**k does Steven Caulker up front for a few minutes or Mignolet's contract or Milner at left back (which has worked!) trump the advances in the side overall in the past 15 months?

No one is saying that Klopp is perfect or that Liverpool don't need to address the defensive side of the game and their depth. It's a work in progress, and honestly, Klopp and Liverpool are, overall, maybe even a little ahead of where they expected to be. Yes, everyone is disappointed at the moment, given the promise of the autumn, but writing the project off due to a few bad games, partly caused by the loss of three key players, is ludicrous. We can discuss the problems in defense or the mistakes Klopp had made and the squad depth without resorting to moronic "Klopp out" bullshit.

If you had a bit of balance to your views or even made an honest, evidence-supported case that Klopp was a "poor manager", you might get a bit of engagement. But to date, you are, at best, a stopped clock who is right twice a day. Someone who is a contrarian for the sake of it.

I hope that goes some way towards satisfying your attention fix for the day.

The Stallion

I don't require an attention fix, but to put aside your rudeness for a moment:

"You came on here last year, calling Klopp a fraud and a poor manager. This was despite his track record and the general esteem with which he is held in the football world based on that track record"

I don't care what "the football world" thinks of Klopp. The football world is full of of ex-footballer idiots who haven't a clue about football. I prefer to make my own judgment, and for me, Klopp is incompetent.

"while giving absolutely no acknowledgement of the marked improvement in the team overall"

Results may have improved, but performances certainly haven't in my opinion. Almost every game Liverpool are carved apart even by poor sides. That they win some games does not alter the fact they are a shambles quite often.

. "It's a work in progress, and honestly, Klopp and Liverpool are, overall, maybe even a little ahead of where they expected to be."

Maybe he's exceeding your bizarrely low expectations from a manager, but I would have expected at a minimum that someone given 60 million to improve Liverpool in the Summer would have signed a competent left back, keeper and Henderson replacement. Klopp didn't.

You mention Caulker more than I do these days. It's just one of many baffling decisions from Klopp. I could, and do, list several others.

"Someone who is a contrarian for the sake of it."

This is also inaccurate. I agree with most of my fellow Liverpool supporters that Coutinho is a very good footballer,  and they have other decent players like Firmino. I have no problem praising quality. Klopp has done nothing to earn such praise, and it seems he is worshipped for little more than finishing first in a two horse race in Germany and some cringesome "zany" interviews.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: laoislad on January 26, 2017, 11:05:20 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 26, 2017, 10:00:42 AM
With Mane

September: WWWW
October:     WDWWW
November:  WDWW
December: WDWWW
January:     D

Without:
January:  DLDWLL     (the one win coming against Plymouth in the FA Cup)

Did they say last night he's going to miss the Chelsea game?

Lads its pretty obvious St Galls and Stallion are one and the same. I don't know why ye bother replying to the posts.

I am not, nor have I ever been, associated in any way with the Stallion.  He could never replicate the quality of my posts.

I would also like to point out that no-one in my immediate family benefits from the RHI scheme.  My cousin's sister in law Karla Lockhard is a complete boiler tho as is her sister in law Darlene Forster. Two complete ditch pigs the two of them