Sligo V London Connaught C'ship

Started by ck, May 24, 2013, 02:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 04:47:54 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 26, 2013, 04:40:36 PM
That's the end of Walsh (should have gone before now)! Connacht final was the requisite this year! Unlike 2010 it's was set up for Sligo to a Connacht final without peaking to early. The Back door has been a disaster for Sligo over the past number of years, and i can't see them going far in that route. All open now on that side of the draw. Leitrim and London will see a great chance for a big day out and a chance to make the last 12!

By the way - Well done London!

What will happen in the event of a London Connacht final? If it was Ros v London you'd assume they'd choose Castlebar given the proximity to Knock and the Hyde if Mayo can beat us. They wouldn't allow the other county play a home final, right?

Wembley.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Itchy

If its Roscommon versus London I hope they play the final in London and I'll gladly give you a one way ticket syphilis!
Atrocious result for Sligo who maybe had one eye on a Connacht final. Will Walsh stay for the backdoor?

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on May 26, 2013, 04:54:07 PM
If its Roscommon versus London I hope they play the final in London and I'll gladly give you a one way ticket syphilis!
Atrocious result for Sligo who maybe had one eye on a Connacht final. Will Walsh stay for the backdoor?

You think I'd post less if I had no games to go to?  :-*

Mayo Mick

Nobody will want to draw Sligo in the qualifiers. Backlash and all that!!
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Mano

Will be interesting to hear Eamonn O'Hara thoughts on this tonight and how he was dropped in favour of a lad who wanted to play for his club over his adopted county.

Hope he let's loose but I doubt very much he will

Rossfan

Congrats London and their Ros manager ;)
Mind you it most likely says more about Shliigo than London.
Leitrim laughing and the Connacht Treasurer disgusted.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 26, 2013, 05:53:43 PM
Congrats London and their Ros manager ;)
Mind you it most likely says more about Shliigo than London.
Leitrim laughing and the Connacht Treasurer disgusted.

A mighty West Ros man at that 8)

Leitrim better not be laughing too hard because I can see them being over-turned even if they're fully focused.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Mano on May 26, 2013, 05:42:45 PM
Will be interesting to hear Eamonn O'Hara thoughts on this tonight and how he was dropped in favour of a lad who wanted to play for his club over his adopted county.

No sign of walsh resigning judging the arrogance of his post match interview.. he went on about how we missed goal chances but never mentioned the 3/4 ones london incl a penalty, then went on about how london should of beaten leitrim and mayo, never mentioned they had 14 men for 25 mins,  i feel sick, i honestly feel sick, this is so hard to take, i honestly feel like crying, supporters are so helpless, we can't force walsh to play scoring forwards, but why o why does he not see it, its just sad, i am sick of it..his interview is soul destroying, tbh, people are slagging grimley for apologing to fans, we get arrogance and absolutely no responsibility.

County board time to stand up and be counted, and sack walsh..if you care anything about sligo gaa do it please..
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

macdanger2

From what I heard he did well when he was brought on? You may not like bringing in a player from outside the county but he's hardly the root of ye're problems   ::) ::)

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on May 26, 2013, 06:01:36 PM

From what I heard he did well when he was brought on? You may not like bringing in a player from outside the county but he's hardly the root of ye're problems   ::) ::)

Kilcullen almost saved Sligo's blushes in 20 minutes. I think the problem is less Jamesy not being committed and more the double standard operated with regards to O'Hara. It just doesn't look good and I can't imagine how O'Hara felt hearing his county fall in Ruslip.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM

Kilcullen almost saved Sligo's blushes in 20 minutes. I think the problem is less Jamesy not being committed and more the double standard operated with regards to O'Hara. It just doesn't look good and I can't imagine how O'Hara felt hearing his county fall in Ruslip.
Mano isnt having a go at kilcullen, its the double standards of walsh, ffs we are hurting tonight so try not to come on here and fck us about twisting words, walsh is the problem, ohara and kilcullen should both of been there today,thats the point...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 26, 2013, 06:21:54 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 06:05:15 PM

Mano isnt having a go at kilcullen, its the double standards of walsh, ffs we are hurting tonight so try not to come on here and fck us about twisting words, walsh is the problem, ohara and kilcullen should both of been there today,thats the point...

Well to be fair Mano was making it a Kilcullen over O'Hara issue. Kilcullen is clearly Sligo's best midfielder with or without O'Hara there so the decision was hardly O'Hara or Kilcullen for the last spot on the panel.

Hard luck though, Sligonian. There's really no words that can be said to make a defeat like that any better. Ye'll at least have a true home game against us in the minor championship now.

ross4life

Didn't see that coming i thought Sligo would have enough to beat London. Out of interest how many of Sligos team that started v Galway last year started today? the missed penalty/sending off should have been turning points but why was the Sligo lad going for goal when all his team needed was a point?

Well done London first Connacht win since 1977 i think.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 26, 2013, 05:59:43 PM
Leitrim better not be laughing too hard because I can see them being over-turned even if they're fully focused.

Laythrum will win that handily in Carrick.
When them  Londonites see the crowd of wild things baying at them through the wire in Páirc Seán they'll be afraid of their own shadows  ;D
I suppose the best thing we can do now is let Mayowestros bate us so the Hyde and Ros town can gain from the CF.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM