Started by Orior, January 03, 2019, 09:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: seafoid on January 03, 2019, 02:10:06 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2019, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on January 03, 2019, 12:18:51 PM
RDE

THE Conor Cruise of the 21st century

And as far as I recall, while he tried to cuddle up to them the unionists of the day jettisoned him out of their sheer bigotry.

30 years ago

unbelievable.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/margaret-thatcher-s-ag-woke-from-surgery-screaming-we-must-kill-ian-paisley-1.3737029

Gow told the diplomat that he had no "spark of hope" that he could get any of the unionist leaders to "show any courage or leadership".
"They are all awful," he said.

Now they are even worse

Which is great, for every time the mediocre provincial solicitor (and apparently only victim of the Troubles) opens her mouth, the Irish people move closer to getting their whole country back.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2019, 11:43:50 AM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 03, 2019, 11:40:33 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2019, 11:39:51 AM
Jude Collins, a man who things Patsy Gillespie deserved to be strapped to his own van, forced to drive to an army checkpoint while his family were held at gunpoint and then blown up.

Jude Collins is a nasty human being who will not be missed.

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

If you are going to quote someone at least quote what they actually said - https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/patsy-gillespies-widow-tells-of-pain-over-bomb-tweet-37402599.html

Mr Collins posted on his Twitter account that "like so many others from the conflict years, his death was horrible and shocking".

"However, unlike many others, Patsy chose to do work for the 'security' forces, even after the IRA had warned that made them targets," he added.

You are saying he thinks he deserved it - where in his actual quote does he say he thinks he deserved it?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

trailer

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 03, 2019, 07:47:30 PM
Jude Collins, a man who things Patsy Gillespie deserved to be strapped to his own van, forced to drive to an army checkpoint while his family were held at gunpoint and then blown up.

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

If you are going to quote someone at least quote what they actually said - https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/patsy-gillespies-widow-tells-of-pain-over-bomb-tweet-37402599.html

Mr Collins posted on his Twitter account that "like so many others from the conflict years, his death was horrible and shocking".

"However, unlike many others, Patsy chose to do work for the 'security' forces, even after the IRA had warned that made them targets," he added.

You are saying he thinks he deserved it - where in his actual quote does he say he thinks he deserved it?

Language is a powerful tool. Given this prefix "However, unlike many others" I take from that, that he believes he deserved it. Otherwise, why say that?

magpie seanie

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 09:25:55 AM

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

Language is a powerful tool. Given this prefix "However, unlike many others" I take from that, that he believes he deserved it. Otherwise, why say that?

So you take a direct quote and decide what someone means?  What about his other quote then..his death was horrible and shocking?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

trailer

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 04, 2019, 09:45:03 AM

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

So you take a direct quote and decide what someone means?  What about his other quote then..his death was horrible and shocking?

It was horrible and shocking??
To get this straight, people say or write something, and I am not allowed to interpret what it means? Is that what you are saying? You do understand how communication and language works?

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 09:53:18 AM

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

To get this straight, people say or write something, and I am not allowed to interpret what it means? Is that what you are saying? You do understand how communication and language works?

I'll rephrase you take a direct quote and said he said something else..you should clarify your original post to say..I interpreted a quote of his and in my opinion he insinuates that Patsy deserved it.

Did the IRA say working for security forces made you a target..yes.  Did many people decide that was a risk..yes.  so was Pasty unlike many others yes.  Does that mean he deserved it..No.  I think you need to whip out the Oxford dictionary/thesarus and look up each word in that quote.

trailer

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 04, 2019, 09:59:24 AM

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

I'll rephrase you take a direct quote and said he said something else..you should clarify your original post to say..I interpreted a quote of his and in my opinion he insinuates that Patsy deserved it.

Did the IRA say working for security forces made you a target..yes.  Did many people decide that was a risk..yes.  so was Pasty unlike many others yes.  Does that mean he deserved it..No.  I think you need to whip out the Oxford dictionary/thesarus and look up each word in that quote.

I love the way you just think it's normal everyday conversation just to coolly talk about the murder of a Husband and Father. Jude often just comments ever so matter of fact about one of the most grotesque murders of the troubles. Jude knew what he was doing. His tweet was aimed at causing maximum suffering and pain on the family. Sometimes I think I'm in an episode of the Brady bunch. Imagine defending Jude Collins.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: trailer on January 04, 2019, 10:47:09 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on January 04, 2019, 09:59:24 AM

He didn't say that.

Yes he did.

I love the way you just think it's normal everyday conversation just to coolly talk about the murder of a Husband and Father. Jude often just comments ever so matter of fact about one of the most grotesque murders of the troubles. Jude knew what he was doing. His tweet was aimed at causing maximum suffering and pain on the family. Sometimes I think I'm in an episode of the Brady bunch. Imagine defending Jude Collins.

I'm not defending him.  I think his comments r.e..the omagh bomb and Mary tracers were both grotesque.  However I will also call someome out spouting lies about what someone did or did not say if they aren't going to clarify in the original post what the quote was and what their interpretation of it was which you are very much entitled too.  But for others you should at least use the direct quote rather than blindly saying he did say that.

Stall the Bailer

Thought it a very poor article. Just a lot of innuendo, and going for the person and not even trying to go for the ball. There is plenty to show her up for. Jude the only one shown up by that article

Main Street

Ruth is the person who wrote article after article viciously attacking  film director Ken Loach and the film the Wind that Shakes the Barley.
It turned out that she hadn't even viewed the film  ;D
Hard to credit that someone so academically corrupt and vacuous gets a platform on national newspapers.

grounded

Quote from: Main Street on January 05, 2019, 12:02:44 AM
Ruth is the person who wrote article after article viciously attacking  film director Ken Loach and the film the Wind that Shakes the Barley.
It turned out that she hadn't even viewed the film  ;D
Hard to credit that someone so academically corrupt and vacuous gets a platform on national newspapers.

This is it. She is trying to be controversial for the sake of it, like thon other idiot katie Hopkins. At the heart of it all, i'd wager she doesnt even believe half the tripe she writes.

Orior

Dudley Edwards at it again. These days the focus of her hate filled drivel appears to be John Finucane. In Monday's Belfast Telegraph she chastises John because of the company he keeps. That company is Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin, who are all members of the political party of which John is a member.

Extract...

QuoteI'd love to believe that Sinn Fein are genuine about reconciliation, but they don't half make it difficult. Just look at last week and the meeting of Sinn Fein's North Belfast constituency members to select John Finucane as their candidate for the next general election to defeat the DUP's Nigel Dodds.

Mr Finucane is  even being tipped as a future Irish President. Clearly, Sinn Fein think he's very special.

I watched a video of the meeting, which began with Mr Finucane striding into the crowded room ahead of Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin.

For someone who assures us he reaches out to unionists, craves equality for all and is hoping to win over the centre ground, his companions should have been a bit of an embarrassment.

Murphy was sentenced in 1982 to five years for possession of explosives and IRA membership; after a 1973 London bombing campaign, Kelly was sentenced to two life sentences, plus 20 years, and during a violent mass escape in 1983, shot a prison officer in the head and then went on the run; and Ni Chuilin was arrested in 1989 after trying to place a booby-trap bomb at an RUC station and was sentenced to eight years.

Now, we should be prepared to allow people to put their pasts behind them.

But when you've been involved in violent criminality, it's hardly unreasonable to expect from you some degree of contrition before you're welcomed into the fold.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Quote from: Orior on October 01, 2019, 09:37:04 AM
Dudley Edwards at it again. These days the focus of her hate filled drivel appears to be John Finucane. In Monday's Belfast Telegraph she chastises John because of the company he keeps. That company is Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin, who are all members of the political party of which John is a member.

Extract...

QuoteI'd love to believe that Sinn Fein are genuine about reconciliation, but they don't half make it difficult. Just look at last week and the meeting of Sinn Fein's North Belfast constituency members to select John Finucane as their candidate for the next general election to defeat the DUP's Nigel Dodds.

Mr Finucane is  even being tipped as a future Irish President. Clearly, Sinn Fein think he's very special.

I watched a video of the meeting, which began with Mr Finucane striding into the crowded room ahead of Conor Murphy, Gerry Kelly and Caral Ni Chuilin.

For someone who assures us he reaches out to unionists, craves equality for all and is hoping to win over the centre ground, his companions should have been a bit of an embarrassment.

Murphy was sentenced in 1982 to five years for possession of explosives and IRA membership; after a 1973 London bombing campaign, Kelly was sentenced to two life sentences, plus 20 years, and during a violent mass escape in 1983, shot a prison officer in the head and then went on the run; and Ni Chuilin was arrested in 1989 after trying to place a booby-trap bomb at an RUC station and was sentenced to eight years.

Now, we should be prepared to allow people to put their pasts behind them.

But when you've been involved in violent criminality, it's hardly unreasonable to expect from you some degree of contrition before you're welcomed into the fold.

I heard she was being sued for libel by the Finucanes over a Twitter post a while back.If she's done for that then it'll come out of the twisted oul hag's own bank account, not that of the papers that pay for her awful drivel. She really is an odious human being.

imtommygunn

Her tweets on finucane were rough and pretty disgusting.