Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

I'm sure Kilcoo people are losing a lot of sleep over this. Would a free lunch in Greenans and a years subscription to The Magpie change your mind?

Obviously you can't support the county team if there are any Kilcoo players on it.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

downjim

To be honest I would not support any other team except Burren. What sort of game was it?? Is it true they were ultra defensive.

Last Caress

Quote from: downjim on November 04, 2019, 01:09:41 PM
To be honest I would not support any other team except Burren. What sort of game was it?? Is it true they were ultra defensive.
Begrudger.....A person who tends to complain, especially about trivial or petty matters

Ambrose

You can't live off history and tradition forever

RadioGAAGAA

What sort of game was it?? Is it true they were ultra defensive.

Only one winner in the other QFs scored more.
i usse an speelchekor

Godsown

Kilcoo always in control. If anything Magherafelt showed no attacking ambition until last 5 mins. Goal was always going to be a big factor in this game and once Kilcoo scored the goal game was over 

Maurice Moss

Good win for us yesterday. Delighted to get the win. Up against a Derrgonnelly team that are no pushovers either and can expect a fierce encounter with them.

Congratulations to Glenn also, great to see them marching on. Be great to see them do well.

terrifictommy

Kilcoo proved me wrong - looking ahead they could get their hands on Ulster title yet. Well done to both them and Glenn, keeping the flag flying as they say.

Every year a Burren man/woman takes a right plonker of themselves. This years special award goes to Yewtree. I haven't been on in a while so your prize is a little like you, sour😂.

Cuan12

Yes, that special award for Yewtree was well deserved , his unselfish devotion to lost causes , his continuous spouting of knowledge and expert analysis of the local game leaves him in a world that no one can get near, a time of reflection Yewtree , point gaa and soccer both going no where , your beloved Burren( who probably would like you to shut up) also wondering how do we beat the team from east down, your welcome to Ballykinlar for tea and a chat , we will supply the klineex.
There's a song that starts , cheer up sleepy yew oh what can it mean for a- I won't continue, keep up the good work see ya over in Ballykinlar

paddyjohn

Best place to park around Pairc Esler?

Hedgehunter

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 05, 2019, 11:00:05 AM
Best place to park around Pairc Esler?

Probably best to park in the town and walk down as traffic getting away can be an nightmare. Public car park across the road from the front of the Buttercrane shopping centre would probably be your best bet and then a 5-10 walk down.

Hedgehunter

Double header then in Armagh for both Glenn and Kilcoo on Sunday the 17th...

snoopdog

Quote from: Hedgehunter on November 05, 2019, 08:32:04 PM
Double header then in Armagh for both Glenn and Kilcoo on Sunday the 17th...
The pitch is in bits supposedly. Huring and camogie moved from there this weekend.

downjim

Are we definitely going to u13/15/17 etc next year? Our kids are Guinea pigs here and we are going to lose footballers rather than gain players. What clubs have the numbers to play in an u19 league along with a senior league. It's a shambles, has anything been sent to clubs to show what night games etc are on yet?? Will the u19 league be played on same day as reserves??
I think all clubs should protest.

johnnycool

Quote from: downjim on November 06, 2019, 01:02:36 PM
Are we definitely going to u13/15/17 etc next year? Our kids are Guinea pigs here and we are going to lose footballers rather than gain players. What clubs have the numbers to play in an u19 league along with a senior league. It's a shambles, has anything been sent to clubs to show what night games etc are on yet?? Will the u19 league be played on same day as reserves??
I think all clubs should protest.

AFAIK this has been mooted for a few years now and ratified by the clubs about a month or so ago.

Down are more or less following the guidelines from Croke Park to be fair. The problem is that from a hurling perspective is that Antrim are remaining with the old format so if we want to enter juvenile teams in Antrim it will be at different age groups. Not impossible to work around, just complicates things a bit.

I do agree with you though that one of the alleged objectives to keep youngsters involved in juvenile competitions but this U19 will do anything but as you already have highlighted not to mention lads away to university and the likes.

The thing is this is seemingly driven to prevent issues with junior cert and leaving cert exams in the South but if anything won't make a button of difference let alone here in the North where GCSE's and A levels are more or less spread over two years anyway.

Feile will remain at U14, plus I thought that it was interesting on the Paul McGirr tournament that they took the decision to invite the U15 champions and allow them to field their U16's in the two counties who already are running with the odd age groups.