Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

;D
Still hard to bate a Mondeo!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

mb80b60

Maroon Manc

As usual very quiet on here after a United win.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 21, 2015, 08:47:40 PM

It's like that in here, either quiet or barking mad..

Watched a right bit of u21 game tonight, Wilson and Lingard both still on after about 70mins... That would suggest neither will play much part on Wed night. Pity..

annapr

Are you having a go at fans of other clubs?
I was just thinking it's very quiet on here from Man U fans.

Boycey

Quote from: annapr on September 21, 2015, 09:19:29 PM
Are you having a go at fans of other clubs?
I was just thinking it's very quiet on here from Man U fans.

Personally I just wait for experts like your good self to tell me what I'm thinking...

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on September 21, 2015, 09:15:46 PM

It's like that in here, either quiet or barking mad..

Watched a right bit of u21 game tonight, Wilson and Lingard both still on after about 70mins... That would suggest neither will play much part on Wed night. Pity..

Watched a bit too, Fosuh-Mensah and Tuanzebe have a great chance of making it, both have really impressed me everytime I've watched them.

Lingard needs to go out on loan, playing at this level is a waste of time.

Maroon Manc

If Fergie hasn't been misquoted then he looks ridiculous with those comments about world class players.

Giggs is becoming more overrated as every year goes by, never ever one of our most important players, wouldn't be in my top 10 of United's most important players under Fergie.

StGallsGAA

Why do you underestimate Giggs influence?   Have a look at who provided most of Cantona's assists.

GJL

Roy Keane should be on his list of world class players.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2015, 02:07:17 PM
If Fergie hasn't been misquoted then he looks ridiculous with those comments about world class players.

Giggs is becoming more overrated as every year goes by, never ever one of our most important players, wouldn't be in my top 10 of United's most important players under Fergie.

+1 MM

Fergie is getting a bit like Stevie Me at the minute, trying to make it all about them again. He did a great job when he was there, but he doesnt have to be mouthing every hands turn in order to sell a few extra copies of his latest book.

Would Giggs have been half the player without the others in the team, hell no. Its a throw away comment about being 'World Class' that means very little.

Really impressed by Darmian so far this season, he adds a bit more calmness in the final third and he will be some player. Tremendous work rate and seems unflappable.

nrico2006

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 22, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

I think its sums up what a bitter oul bas***d fergie is/was.  Giggs was a brilliant player but was he consistently brilliant?  He says he had only 4 world class players - again, what is a world class player?  Surely a regular starter at a top club would be classed as one.  Schmeichel is arguable the best keeper of all time and off the top of my head if you are talking about world class then surely Ferdinand, Vidic, Van Der Saar, Neville, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham and Stam would also be in that bracket.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

I wouldn't pay any attention to what Ferguson says at this stage. He's deluded. He appointed Moyes FFS. The man has no dignity. It has to be all about him all the time. Yes - you were a great manager but you don't have to keep telling us. He misses the spotlight and the attention. Are there any other ex managers shown as often on TV at matches?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 22, 2015, 02:15:34 PM
Why do you underestimate Giggs influence?   Have a look at who provided most of Cantona's assists.

He's overrated, never progressed into the player he should have been. He had his moments of genius but never had a great season, Beckham whom I'm not a huge fan of had better seasons than Giggs ever had.