Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samforever

rosskarr

Interesting mix in the championship q-finals for those stuck on the old chestnut that there is a South down bias in the County.In both Senior and Intermediate there are four from each side of the divide left in the mix.

Bigben36

Any word when the fixtures will be announced. Thought they would have been available yesterday.

downjim

Great game in Kilcoo last night, really looking forward to the replay.

thebar

Quote from: downjim on August 29, 2018, 10:34:31 AM
Did Kilcoo not win that one?

terrifictommy

Website has it a draw so assume it's a replay. Two good teams there, Would have liked to see that game. When is replay?

Mourne Red

Quote from: thebar on August 29, 2018, 10:57:05 AM
Quote from: downjim on August 29, 2018, 10:34:31 AM
Did Kilcoo not win that one?

According to Kilcoo facebook they won by a point - Referee had it as a draw (missed a score) Surely there should be a scoreboard working at the game?? Scenes of Meath/Antrim in Christy Ring a few years ago about it

downjim

The referees score is the only one that counts.

terrifictommy

Why does the referee have to be at fault, or have both sides acknowledged the score as wrong?

Smurfy123

Any word on the new set up? Potential panel?

Samforever

general

Quote from: Samforever on August 30, 2018, 11:33:33 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on August 30, 2018, 10:47:09 PM

Wise up

They were due to get together and train in the Abbey yesterday evening only the Pitches haven't been cut - FACT

OgraAnDun

Quote from: general on August 31, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Wise up

They were due to get together and train in the Abbey yesterday evening only the Pitches haven't been cut - FACT

That's a shit excuse, there's a 4G pitch there.

thewobbler

I've witnessed some horrible things in football matches over the years. But I'm struggling to think of anything worse than what I saw tonight in Ballyholland. Numbing.

Lotto

Quote from: OgraAnDun on August 31, 2018, 02:29:03 PM
Quote from: general on August 31, 2018, 12:14:41 PM

Wise up

That's a shit excuse, there's a 4G pitch there.

Are you seriously telling us that current or potential county players were meant to be training in the Abbey this week? So we have the 1/4 finals of Championship next weekend and these players were released by their clubs, get real. I know that Tally has to justify the serious note he is on (reported £70k in Galway so at least that) but I couldn't see him having too many at this time of the year.