The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2017, 04:22:33 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2017, 04:18:29 PM
3 match ban is upheld
One of the games is a Carling Cup game the others are Leicester and Burnley. Time to move on from it now.
exactly, a good chance to get Ox-chamberlain a bit of game time and integrate Coutinho back into things.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2017, 04:22:33 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 12, 2017, 04:18:29 PM
3 match ban is upheld
One of the games is a Carling Cup game the others are Leicester and Burnley. Time to move on from it now.

Yip I agree, I never thought it would it would be reduced anyway (obviously I wished it was) but it deserves the 3 game ban in my opinion.

brokencrossbar1

Play a front 3 of the Ox, Sturridge and Coutinho and let Mane play in the CL games. It'll be ok

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2017, 11:09:00 PM
So Karius is to start tomorrow night  :-[

Mignolet must need another rest, or else his back hurts picking the ball out of his net the last day.

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 13, 2017, 08:28:12 AM
Quote from: laoislad on September 12, 2017, 11:09:00 PM
So Karius is to start tomorrow night  :-[

Mignolet must need another rest, or else his back hurts picking the ball out of his net the last day.
I think Karius is going to be the Champions League Goalie for the season. All the way to the final so....
Not sure I like that idea. Not just because it's Karius but I don't like the idea of rotating goalkeepers at all unless maybe it's something like a Carling Cup game.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

I agree. I think part of their defensive problems is they don't trust each other. You need a solid and predictable back 4 and keeper, and only rotate lesser games. You can rotate forwards a bit more, but the back 4 has to be a unit.

blewuporstuffed

The Robertson situation is a bit strange.
He was obviously brought in because Liverpool had issues in the left back position.
He has started one game and was excellent , yet hasnt been used again.
No doubt Moreno has improved a bit from where he was, but he is still a liability and i dont think the rest of the defence trust him at all as part of that unit.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 13, 2017, 09:25:45 AM
He was obviously brought in because Liverpool had issues in the left back position.
No doubt Moreno has improved a bit from where he was, but he is still a liability and i dont think the rest of the defence trust him at all as part of that unit.

Has Moreno improved though? I still think he's all over the shop. His positional sense is like a startled pigeon.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 13, 2017, 09:30:15 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 13, 2017, 09:25:45 AM

Has Moreno improved though? I still think he's all over the shop. His positional sense is like a startled pigeon.

A bit  :-\
But not enough to be starting in a team that has any sort of serious ambitions of wining things IMO

Robertson may not exactly be Franco Baresi defensively either, but he doesnt seem as scatterbrained and has a better end product in the attacking third

laoislad

I was going to post the same about Robertson after the City game. It's strange the way he is being treated alright. Especially as you say he had a fine debut and has also played well for Scotland since.
I don't think Moreno has improved at all. Can't understand why he just doesn't play Milner left back if he doesn't fancy Robertson there yet.
Moreno is a headless chicken and seems to be getting a game off the back of his half decent performance against Munich in that pre season friendly.  Klopp said he was like having a new signing after that game..

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2017, 09:58:59 AM
I was going to post the same about Robertson after the City game. It's strange the way he is being treated alright. Especially as you say he had a fine debut and has also played well for Scotland since.
I don't think Moreno has improved at all. Can't understand why he just doesn't play Milner left back if he doesn't fancy Robertson there yet.
Moreno is a headless chicken and seems to be getting a game off the back of his half decent performance against Munich in that pre season friendly.  Klopp said he was like having a new signing after that game..

The two games in the international break he scored in one of them and was MOTM in the other.

Hopefully he might play tonight....

laoislad

For the day that's in it.
Probably no better stadium anywhere than Anfield on European nights.

https://youtu.be/br3IwLLngFA

When you see how many goals Gerrard was involved in and scored it makes a fool of those who say he wasn't a big game player.
I think my favourite of those games was the Arsenal game. Love the Garcia goal v Juve also.

Minus15

I believe Moreno has looked a far better player so far this season. I would go as far as to say, if he was a new signing and we had no prior knowledge of him, we would be raving about his performances. However, we know all about his previous and his propensity to implode or make a rash decision which could cost the team.

I also think that seeing Moreno and Robertson linking with Mane and overlapping him have contributed to his impressive switch to the left where he has regular support on the outside.

Much of my feelings of improvement in Moreno could be down to what having a natural left footer on that side does to the team, showing up the limitations of Milner in that position, despite an impressive enough showing from him last season, especially early on.

Judging on performances alone, Moreno has been one of Liverpool's better performers when in possession. Robertson I am sure will become the favoured option as the season progresses but for now I have no big issue with Moreno.

Boycey

Quote from: laoislad on September 13, 2017, 02:00:05 PM
For the day that's in it.
Probably no better stadium anywhere than Anfield on European nights.

https://youtu.be/br3IwLLngFA

When you see how many goals Gerrard was involved in and scored it makes a fool of those who say he wasn't a big game player.
I think my favourite of those games was the Arsenal game. Love the Garcia goal v Juve also.

I'd disagree there bar the stage managed song from the musical at the beginning Anfield is as amaemic as the rest on them for the main part... Honourable exception for Celtic obviously.