Author Topic: Another School Shooting in America  (Read 3731 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Another School Shooting in America
« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2018, 10:55:51 PM »
Cant stop the guns? How about going after manufacture of ammo for these guns instead! Guns not much use if  ammo not available

Eamonnca1

• Catching the world in my headlights of justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »
Well I think if they stay with the thoughts and payers it should work. Jesus will sort it
why are you so hung up on this? play another record, get involved in the conversation or just make your point already

There is no point to make, as you or anyone else in America will not give up their guns! Canít believe people have guns in their house! Bizarre.. but the attitude is that the thoughts and payers will get the American public through it!

There is not one arguemdnt to have a gun, not one

As for a model to follow for gun laws why not use the Irish one?

So you think an individual should not be able to protect themselves, their families and their property from violent intruders?

(I dont have one and wont get one, but have absolutely no problem with someone having a handgun to protect themselves in their own homes)

So you think violent intruders should be allowed to obtain guns without having to go out of their way in the slightest?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2018, 11:24:15 PM »
Well I think if they stay with the thoughts and payers it should work. Jesus will sort it
why are you so hung up on this? play another record, get involved in the conversation or just make your point already

There is no point to make, as you or anyone else in America will not give up their guns! Canít believe people have guns in their house! Bizarre.. but the attitude is that the thoughts and payers will get the American public through it!

So you think an individual should not be able to protect themselves, their families and their property from violent intruders?

(I dont have one and wont get one, but have absolutely no problem with someone having a handgun to protect themselves in their own homes)

So you think violent intruders should be allowed to obtain guns without having to go out of their way in the slightest?

Have you read that back Whitey? Stop producing the guns and eventually the gun crime will cease! Iíve a right to protect my home, will I get a gun?

Or just stick to ensuring my property is locked, alarm on and knowing that guns are not that easy to get and Iíll be safer?

Having a gun endangers life, it doesnít mean protecting life. But I suppose they could pray to not get killed as thatís government advice and itís working!

Cause they have guns means you need them, makes absolutely no sense! Stop selling them, stop producing them and stop hiding behind an ancient law claiming the right to bear arms !
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2018, 11:35:12 PM »

Eh....where does that happen? In Massachusetts most criminal convictions disqualify you from gun ownership

https://www.acushnet.ma.us/police-department/pages/ltcfid-disqualifiers

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »
And in Massachusetts they have among the lowest gun deaths per capita in the US as well as some of the most stringent controls over who can get a gun. Thanks for proving my point.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2018, 11:42:25 PM »

Have you read that back Whitey? Stop producing the guns and eventually the gun crime will cease! Iíve a right to protect my home, will I get a gun?

Or just stick to ensuring my property is locked, alarm on and knowing that guns are not that easy to get and Iíll be safer?

Having a gun endangers life, it doesnít mean protecting life. But I suppose they could pray to not get killed as thatís government advice and itís working!

Cause they have guns means you need them, makes absolutely no sense! Stop selling them, stop producing them and stop hiding behind an ancient law claiming the right to bear arms !

Thats your opinion and youre entitled to it

People have a constitutional right to be armed and armed they will be regardless of what you think.

I live in a low crime area, so I dont feel the need to own one, but can understand why others who live in town may have a different opinion

Moves to ban all guns and confiscate the 300,000,000 guns currently in the hands of legal gun owners will go nowhere and are counterproductive to the current debate. 

Whatever state has the strictest laws......implement those restrictions from the federal level and implement them

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:46 PM »
And in Massachusetts they have among the lowest gun deaths per capita in the US as well as some of the most stringent controls over who can get a gun. Thanks for proving my point.

I probably agree with you 90% on the issue, but disagree with you that confiscating 300,000,000 guns from law abiding gun owners would work.....thats what you actually proposed along with repealing the second ammendment.   Neither will happen in our lifetime

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: Today at 12:49:33 AM »

I probably agree with you 90% on the issue, but disagree with you that confiscating 300,000,000 guns from law abiding gun owners would work.....thats what you actually proposed along with repealing the second ammendment.   Neither will happen in our lifetime

Unless 300 million people have assault rifles (they must start the babies early on them) I donít see where youíre inventing this 300 million guns being confiscated from. Probably just another case of you either not reading what was said or wilfully inventing a straw man.

Eamonnca1

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: Today at 01:15:56 AM »
Whatever state has the strictest laws......implement those restrictions from the federal level and implement them

Not quite how it works. It's a matter for the states. If the 2nd amendment were repealed it'd be a different matter.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: Today at 01:16:22 AM »

Unless 300 million people have assault rifles (they must start the babies early on them) I donít see where youíre inventing this 300 million guns being confiscated from. Probably just another case of you either not reading what was said or wilfully inventing a straw man.

This is what he said

"The US constitution has been amended 27 times. It can be amended a 28th. Most Americans are sick of this gun nonsense and support change to the status quo. Repealing the second amendment is a perfectly legitimate objective and it's an achievable goal. The people who support a repeal have been conditioned into saying "it will never happen" every time the subject comes up, but like Bernie did with universal healthcare, the conversation can be changed."

If there's 300,000,000 guns in circulation when the second amendment is repealed, who is going to go and confiscate the 300,000,000 guns?

His answer was to me was to "Ask the Austrailans" who removed between 20-30 % of all guns, which amounted to about 650, 000.  (Big difference wouldn't you agree)

So if we implement the "Australian Solution" as our good friend suggested....and we go with the high side of the estimate......that still leaves 210,000,000 guns in the country.

He also failed to mention that Australians never had a constitutional right to bear arms to begin with so getting to the 30% mark without massive bloodshed would be a miracle

Even the Australian Ambassador said it wouldn't work here but if it make him feel better, he can believe whatever he wants

https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/02/australia-ambassador-on-why-gun-laws-cant-save-america/553655/

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: Today at 01:24:00 AM »

Not quite how it works. It's a matter for the states. If the 2nd amendment were repealed it'd be a different matter.

It was a hypothetical suggestion....lobby to have all states adopt the stricted limits  and then "enforce" it from a federal level.  Im sure just like ICE, the FBI have plenty of power at the State level