TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Highly recommend the latest documentary on Netflix, My Octopus Teacher. Some of the footage is stunning. Something completely different, it's like a wildlife/ mental health/environmental doc rolled in to one.

lurganblue

I have been watching Goliath on Prime. 1st series was absolutely excellent, 2nd season not so much, and the 3rd has been complete tripe so far. Such a disappointment.

gallsman

I enjoyed first season of Goliath. Then the second season went batshit crazy and somehow was about amputee fetishes and gave up completely. Absolute nonsense.

imtommygunn

Just watched love-hate for the first time since it was on originally. That is some show. There's a couple of episodes in it that are as good tv as you'll see anywhere particularly the last episode. Looking back on it it can get pretty dark in places too.

nrico2006

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 10, 2020, 09:09:36 AM
Just watched love-hate for the first time since it was on originally. That is some show. There's a couple of episodes in it that are as good tv as you'll see anywhere particularly the last episode. Looking back on it it can get pretty dark in places too.

I remember the difference in the quality of the production after the first season, and never thought a show from here could be as good as you would get from the US but I completely agree with what you say, unbelievable show that I would class as good as any of the worldwide critically acclaimed shows such as BB, GOT, Sopranos etc.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bennydorano

See 1994 available on Sky. Italian Political drama, 3rd series (1992 being the 1st), very good show.

Watched I hate Suzie on Sky Atlantic, the Billie Piper vehicle, excellent off beat comedy drama.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 10, 2020, 09:21:02 AM

I remember the difference in the quality of the production after the first season, and never thought a show from here could be as good as you would get from the US but I completely agree with what you say, unbelievable show that I would class as good as any of the worldwide critically acclaimed shows such as BB, GOT, Sopranos etc.

Rewatched it meself couple weeks back, still excellent.

Dar31

Yellowstone is a good tv series about a ranch near yellowstone park. Kevin costner stars in it 3 seasons of it so far . Lillyhammer is a comedy i would recommend it was on netflix about an ex mafia man in the witness protection it has subtitles at times which some people might not like

imtommygunn

Was / is L'immortale worth watching? I have it recorded so will check it out if it's good.

Agreed love hate as good as you'll get anywhere and some of the actors have definitely done well after it too which is good to see and unsurprising. Stumpy is father peter in derry girls haha.

HiMucker

Where can you watch it Tommy? Ive been looking to watch it for a while but never see it on any streaming apps.

Dar31

Rte player if you have access to it . CinemaHd if not

imtommygunn

RTE player and chromecast or airplay to the tv. It has been hard to find and was only put on again during lockdown.

lurganblue

Quote from: gallsman on September 10, 2020, 08:59:24 AM
I enjoyed first season of Goliath. Then the second season went batshit crazy and somehow was about amputee fetishes and gave up completely. Absolute nonsense.

It gets worse in the 3rd season.  Drug induced hallucinations of them all dancing about like George III.

Newbridge Exile

Just finished the second series of Criminal on Netflix, superb acting all round .

bennydorano

Started Utopia on Amazon (a remake of the UK version, which I loved), 3 in and its decent, haven't noticed how many episodes there are but I assume Amazon will have 10, whereas the original was 4, so probably going to be a lot of filler, still recognisable so far.