The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac2

WTF is it with RTE commentators getting the teams mixed up, they do it time and again. Marty mixing up  Galway and Roscommon, Canning saying Limerick put over the point to put the score at 10-8, it was Clare and the score was 11-7.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Mac2 on June 17, 2018, 08:04:03 PM
WTF is it with RTE commentators getting the teams mixed up, they do it time and again. Marty mixing up  Galway and Roscommon, Canning saying Limerick put over the point to put the score at 10-8, it was Clare and the score was 11-7.

Canning in Russia calling it in.

tintin25

The coverage and commentary is just so dated at this stage.

Even naming players by their nickname, like WTF...'bubbles' etc

From the Bunker

The whole package of Gaelic football is dying from the rules of game, the game itself, the spectacle, the negative tactics, the back door, the super 8, the dominance of Dublin to the TV coverage or lack of it this year. In regards the Sunday Game it's like sponsorship/advertising has abandoned our game.

Jinxy

I've no problem with the lack of coverage this year.
Which, in itself, is kind of depressing.
I just don't care anymore.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

Parsons has his homework done
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Minder

Blocked in Ulster ??
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gael85

Quote from: highorlow on June 17, 2018, 09:50:10 PM

+1 . Which is unusual for a RTE football pundit. Ciaran Whelan has decent knowledge. The rest are of cliches and waffle. I think we will see more of Parsons this year in the studio

Minder

Quote from: Gael85 on June 17, 2018, 09:56:36 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 17, 2018, 09:50:10 PM

+1 . Which is unusual for a RTE football pundit. Ciaran Whelan has decent knowledge. The rest are of cliches and waffle. I think we will see more of Parsons this year in the studio

I dunno, it doesent seem to be performance related with RTE
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jinxy on June 17, 2018, 09:22:44 PM
I've no problem with the lack of coverage this year.
Which, in itself, is kind of depressing.
I just don't care anymore.

Yeah, there is that general feeling.

Nanderson

Anyone else's Sky blocked The Sunday Game? F**king joke if they start this craic up north

RedHand88

Geoblocked in the north on sky, probably from the Brazil game and some tit has forgot to switch it back on afterwards.

imtommygunn

My thinking too. Muppets.

People get very quick to call it partitionist etc on twitter but it is more likely incompetence. At least we have tg4 tomorrow.

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2018, 10:22:06 PM
My thinking too. Muppets.

People get very quick to call it partitionist etc on twitter but it is more likely incompetence. At least we have tg4 tomorrow.

Less said about some of the absolute doses on twitter the better.

Gold

Quote from: Nanderson on June 17, 2018, 10:10:56 PM
Anyone else's Sky blocked The Sunday Game? F**king joke if they start this craic up north

Yes. Joke
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."