The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Surely if youre looking to sign someone on the final day, you have them present for their medical early. If not have a representative with the player at their address/club to sign relevant forms.  In this day and age  and with the amounts of money involved its crazy that a 5PM cant be met, whether the player is phyisically present or not

nifan

StGallsGAA

QuoteBenitez did not want Keane, the deal to bring Keane to Anfield was done by Rick Parry, Benitez had nothing to do with it. Benitez and Parry have had a fall out and Benitez used Keane as a way of getting back at Parry.

Is there any evidence of this or is it just pub talk?

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on February 02, 2009, 04:06:20 PM
Sad to see him go,especially after he didn't get a fair crack at it with Liverpool
I'm disgusted with the way he was treated at Anfield and Rafa has gone down a little in my estimation over it.

Was it that bad though? He started something like 16 league games. He averaged 78 minuts on the pitch. There were times that he needed more playing time, but, in the majority, he just didn;t take his chances.

longrunsthefox

nifan

Keane was shocking in almost every game he played. Some where so bad to be comical - PNE in the cup????

AZOffaly

Keane hadn't played well, but in fairness what was he signed to be? An out an out front man rotating with Torres? In that case, it was a stupid buy. A link man to play off Torres with Gerrard a bit behind them in a 4 man midfield? A bit more sensible, but he never got a run with Torres, due to Torres' injury.

Either way, he was harshly done by in my opinion. He was either bought as a square block in a round hole, or else he never got to play in the role that suited him best.

Stalin

Keane was shite for 99% of the time he was on the pitch.

Rafa implied over the weekend that he did not buy Keane, pretty much cementing the rumours that it was the board/Parry who brought him in.

Slan
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Hound

Some miserable git has said Liverpool have agreed a fee with Valencia for Villa and apparently its travelling like wildfire thru internet forums. If only...

isourboydownyet

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2009, 04:41:32 PM
Keane hadn't played well, but in fairness what was he signed to be? An out an out front man rotating with Torres? In that case, it was a stupid buy. A link man to play off Torres with Gerrard a bit behind them in a 4 man midfield? A bit more sensible, but he never got a run with Torres, due to Torres' injury.

Either way, he was harshly done by in my opinion. He was either bought as a square block in a round hole, or else he never got to play in the role that suited him best.

he was bought as a striker,weather it be up front on his own or just off nothing excuses for some of his misses

Double Cross

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 02, 2009, 04:32:35 PM
QuoteBenitez did not want Keane, the deal to bring Keane to Anfield was done by Rick Parry, Benitez had nothing to do with it. Benitez and Parry have had a fall out and Benitez used Keane as a way of getting back at Parry.

Is there any evidence of this or is it just pub talk?

Got it from a good source, its also mentioned on quite a few Liverpool forums.
I am no fan of Keane, but he was treated very badly by Benitez. He was coming in to a bit of form and scored a few goals only to be dropped again. Parry still controls the purse stings at Anfield, he gets the final say in who Liverpool buy, Benitez has not signed a new contract as he wants to be the decision maker regarding transfers.

GalwayBayBoy

I wouldn't say Keane was shite. He did have some games where he was awful alright (namely Preston in the cup when he could have scored 4 and Everton a couple of weeks ago when he barely touched the ball). However he did play well in some games also. He never received the leeway that someone like Kuyt has been given. Ultimately I don't think he ever felt wanted at Liverpool and that affected his performances on the pitch. A pity for someone who grew up supporting to club to have such a terrible time with them after he finally realises his dream. Back at Spurs Redknapp will probably have the arm over his shoulder and he could well end up doing quite well for them again.

heganboy

so its official keane is away, for almost the same terms that he came to liverpool.

Replacement?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on February 02, 2009, 04:55:09 PM
so its official keane is away, for almost the same terms that he came to liverpool.

Replacement?

3 mins left doesn't look like anyone
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.