The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on November 16, 2008, 11:25:07 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 16, 2008, 09:29:25 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 16, 2008, 04:54:48 PM
Benitez said that Torres is not guaranteed a place in the side; he has to fight for it. That's controversial stuff... ::)

As for "January transfer rumours"... get a grip!

FFS J70 wind your neck in. It was a serious question that I posed to get an opinion from those more knowledgable than myself. In the quote that I seen (Perhaps it was edited)  Benitez appeared to be critical of Torres, something which he has not done before.

I was listening to R5 last week and some sporting economist reckons that Liverpool are finding the squeeze more than any other club, and the WILL have to sell some of their prized assets in January.

Perhaps I am putting two and two together but if so it wasn't, at least on this occasion, a wind up.

LOL, I have no idea what "wind your neck in" means, but you're obviously not happy, so I apologize. I assumed you were just looking to get a rise.

Liverpool will let some of the dead wood like Pennant and so on go before they start looking to offload the likes of Torres or Gerrard. That is not going to happen. They might have to go with a thinner squad and promote some of the youngsters though.

Not happy? Just checked the league table... I'm happy. For now. At least.  ;)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

under the bar

QuoteWe have won it 19 times and Manchester United 18

So all the banners at Anfield with "18" printed on them are in recognition of ManU's achievements?   That's very neighbourly!

Mentalman

Parry favours Reds over FA post

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is staying at Anfield - after being linked with a similar post with the Football Association's 2018 World Cup bid.

BBC Sport understands Parry has decided to remain at Anfield, despite being the top contender from a five-man shortlist for the job.

Parry's future at Liverpool has been in question after co-owner Tom Hicks called for his resignation in April.

But Parry insisted then his main focus was on remaining loyal to Liverpool.

And it appears that remains the case, despite the FA's hopes of persuading him to leave Anfield and play a major role in the 2018 World Cup bid.

Liverpool's other American owner, George Gillett, staunchly backed Parry when Hicks called for his removal.

And as Liverpool moved to present a united front amid off-the-field uncertainty, Parry also held talks with manager Rafael Benitez after the manager expressed frustration over the failure to sign Gareth Barry from Aston Villa in the summer.

Liverpool have enjoyed an outstanding start to the season, lying second behind Chelsea in the Premier League, and Parry's desire to stay at Anfield is a clear sign of an attempt to provide continuity and stability as takeover talk continues to surround Hicks and Gillett.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7733163.stm

balls
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Goats Do Shave

Liverpool's best signing over this last 10 years!

under the bar

It says a lot when even Anfield seems a better place than heading an England WC bid! :P

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

sterling.

The Canadian Adidas Online shop are having a 40% off sale ending tonight  8)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.shopadidas.ca/helpOrderingPage.jsp.vr

QuoteDo you ship to international or FPO/APO addresses?
We're sorry, but we can't ship to international or APO/FPO addresses at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The Real Laoislad

Has anyone bought any jerseys off that site that was on a thread last week?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

new devil

gawa316