The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

yes  and the slagging was reversed. make hay.......

supersub

is there not a utd thread u can go and reek havoc on? u can all go and boast and slag liverpool together then!

dirk pulled us out of a hole today again. another strong finish from the reds!

glens73

I don't know if anybody has seen this already, some cracking impersonations

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=C2QEm028lKA

Mentalman

Another great escape yesterday. Agger gets a pass for his mistake, put it down to being rusty and not expecting the pass. Put it this way, if he had stepped away from Zaki in that situation people would have been praising his coolness. Great work for the second goal, Liverpool have been missing that ability to bring the ball out from the back. Alonso escapes another leg breaking challenge for the third game on the trot - he must be doing something right to have al these guys tying to cream him. Felt sorry for Valencia on the first yellow, but for that challenge he could have seen the line anyway. Dirk Daggler did the business again playing through the middle. I said a few weeks back he could have an interesting partnership with Keane through the middle, but I'd no idea he would hit this form - long may it last, especially while Nando is out. Still liking the look of this Riera fella. The only really disappointing thing yesterday again were the fulbacks. Rafa, get the checkbook out in January. Dossena bullied off the ball for Valencia's cross, Arbeloa misses with a header he probably should not have gone for beofre Zaki scores a brilliant goal (fantasy football legend). I think we've kind of seen enough of these two now. Are they up to being starters in championship chasing side? The Italian boy certainly isn't in my opinion, at least not right now. I imagine we might be getting a look at Insua soon, except Rafa is so stubborn.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Carmen Stateside

Dossena hasnt impressed me either, but the man is an Italian international he has got to have some ability surely?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: milltown row on October 18, 2008, 11:14:31 PM
ok Gerrard to Scholes (check the records) Carragher is rubbish lads (i know ya love him) but really come on. "carragher gets the ball turns back da Reina" vidic quality defender. liverpool struggle for that.

torres and Ronaldo very similar, though ronaldo is far better
your windups are legendary how do you do it??torres and ronaldo very similiar, though ronaldo plays on the wing torres upfront?sure why dont we start comparing alonso with evra??"CARRAGHER gets the ball turns back to reina", is a defender not paid to defend??its not that vidic takes three players on and plays a fourty yard pass straight to someones feet.  stick to the antrim gaa thread you obviously dont know whgat your talking about!

Dubh driocht

Mentalman- your analysis is VG - totally agree about the full-backs and it's no coincidence that Alonso has been targeted- Rafa was obviously nuts to think about selling him.
When Torres is back what is our best formation up-front ? He can't play Nando, Keane, Kuyt and Riera .

corn02

Well, well, well another winner from Kuyt, and another crucial goal.

Very poor performance, sloppy in defence, lethargic and ruderless in attack. It wasn't complacency, it was just bland. Zaki's second was a cracker and you could only appluad such a strike. But, as we have proven plenty this year, we don't give up. A game is 90 minutes and we play until the last seconds.

Good to get the Bruce thing off our back too.

Arbeloa had impressed me but he has been poor lately. Dossena is a real worry, not only is his touch and passing poor but his positioning is his worst attribute. Playing 2-4-4 at the end was surreal.

Medic

Quote from: glens73 on October 19, 2008, 10:14:37 AM
I don't know if anybody has seen this already, some cracking impersonations

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=C2QEm028lKA

brilliant, i'm adding that url to favourites :D :D
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

The Real Laoislad

Didn't see any of the match as I was at a wedding yesterday,Had to rely on me auld lad to keep me updated thru text.
Im a bit worried that the last two games while we may have won in the end it took a player to be sent off before they got the late goals,As i said I haven't see a minute of the game so maybe it wasn't as bad as I think,Will have to watch MOTD tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 19, 2008, 09:14:41 PM
Didn't see any of the match as I was at a wedding yesterday,Had to rely on me auld lad to keep me updated thru text.
Im a bit worried that the last two games while we may have won in the end it took a player to be sent off before they got the late goals,As i said I haven't see a minute of the game so maybe it wasn't as bad as I think,Will have to watch MOTD tonight

I was pretty confident watching both that Liverpool would get the equalizer and probably go on to win. Doesn't mean that they would have or that the sendings-off didn't influence the outcome. Whether recent results were red-card influenced aberrations or not will be determined over the course of the next few months.

stevo-08

Quote from: J70 on October 19, 2008, 09:47:44 PM
I was pretty confident watching both that Liverpool would get the equalizer and probably go on to win. Doesn't mean that they would have or that the sendings-off didn't influence the outcome. Whether recent results were red-card influenced aberrations or not will be determined over the course of the next few months.

Well for me, Wigan looked comfortable enough until the sending off. With 20mins to go i was just hoping to get the draw. A very poor performance - in particular dossena & pennant were brutal. All over the pitch, we seemed to be very lack lustre and showed no urgency at all. That said, again liverpool showed great character to come back from a goal down, and never panicked even when chasing the goal. Kuyt is on a great run of form and again got the all important winner.

but anyway a great result, and badly needed given the chelsea, utd & arsenal results. Man U & Chelsea in particular seem to be moving up through the gears - i just hope liverpool are able to stay with them.

stiffler

El Zhar done well when he came on again, hes a great impact sub to have (in the absence of Babel).

Im impressed with Rafa's team selections this season, hes not getting have the abuse he used to from the press.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on October 19, 2008, 10:16:17 PM
El Zhar done well when he came on again, hes a great impact sub to have (in the absence of Babel).

Im impressed with Rafa's team selections this season, hes not getting have the abuse he used to from the press.

Probably because they are winning rather than they agree with his selections,Its hard to be critical for a manager when his team is winning,Only Eamon Dunphy is dumb enough to do that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 19, 2008, 10:19:08 PM
Quote from: stiffler on October 19, 2008, 10:16:17 PM

Probably because they are winning rather than they agree with his selections,Its hard to be critical for a manager when his team is winning,Only Eamon Dunphy is dumb enough to do that

Yea just goes to show how fickle the british press are... and dunphy is a tube. Whatever he says has to be taken with an onze of salt.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009