Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

And they would have likely picked up 3 today but they didnt
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 11:37:12 PM

Alright Minder, the season is over, Benitez has to go.

Is that what you want to hear?

Minder

Quote from: J70 on September 20, 2008, 11:46:57 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 20, 2008, 11:37:12 PM

Alright Minder, the season is over, Benitez has to go.

Is that what you want to hear?
Where did i say that? It was a pathetic result, to think anything else is silly. We have form for dropping cheap points at home,another result or two like that and the season will be over

J70

Yes, it was a poor result, but every team has days when it just doesn't happen. It certainly wasn't for a lack of effort today. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks (some tough games) before throwing the toys out of the pram.

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Minder

Mentalman

Look it's a fair point about effort, but Liverpool have not been found wanting for effort under Benitez, or Houllier, for that matter. But my point would also be that United, Chelsea & Arsenal will not drop points at home to the Stokes of the league. Also, from a league standings point of view, dropping points in this game negates points gained in the game last week. As or throwing the toys out of the pram, well to me it was a pathetic result, nothing to do with throwing toys. If they had snuck a goal we would still have said bad performance, all the now usual talk of no guile or craft, but better to win a bad one than lose a god one. But they didn't win, at home, against a side likely to be fighting relegation. Also every point is precious, when you think last year the difference between Chelsea winning the league and not turned out to be a result against Wigan.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

milltown row

brilliant, you Pool supporters love to have a go at each other. wasted result against Utd again. think youse would have settled for a draw against Utd and a win against Stoke. when do ya's play the other crappy teams?

J70

Quote from: Mentalman on September 21, 2008, 12:23:54 PM
Look it's a fair point about effort, but Liverpool have not been found wanting for effort under Benitez, or Houllier, for that matter. But my point would also be that United, Chelsea & Arsenal will not drop points at home to the Stokes of the league. Also, from a league standings point of view, dropping points in this game negates points gained in the game last week. As or throwing the toys out of the pram, well to me it was a pathetic result, nothing to do with throwing toys. If they had snuck a goal we would still have said bad performance, all the now usual talk of no guile or craft, but better to win a bad one than lose a god one. But they didn't win, at home, against a side likely to be fighting relegation. Also every point is precious, when you think last year the difference between Chelsea winning the league and not turned out to be a result against Wigan.

But United, Chelsea and Arsenal have all had at least one bad result so far also, Arsenal almost had a second at home to West Brom on the first day, except they happened to get the goal. Obviously United and Chelsea have proven that they can put those type of performances behind them and that they are much more the exception than they would be in Liverpool's case. If Liverpool had won 1-0 with a late goal, then maybe you'd be saying it still wasn't a great performance, but had that early one been allowed, Stoke would have had to come out and chances are that Liverpool would then have gone on to win fairly easily and you'd all be celebrating Liverpool at the top of the table. Yes, based on past form, it is worrying when games like yesterday happen, but the last time Liverpool dropped points at home like that was to Wigan last new year, when they got caught by a freak goal from Titus Bramble, of all people. Wallow in the doom and gloom if you want - I'm going to wait and see how it plays out before writing the season off as the same old shite.

Stalin

Do you realise how difficult it is to score against a team who packs the box with at least 7 players at all times? We created enough yesterday, just was one of those days. If the early goal stands, we beat them 3/4-0. Deal with it.

Good result there for us at the Bridge. Seen a few bits of it in between watching the gaa, Neville seems to have had a mare. Got roasted for pace by Anelka one time, then nutmegged by him, so he fouled him and got yella carded. Seen him again get beat to a ball he was favorite for by Ballack. Heard he scored an OG, and at fulltime he was almost sent off for another foul. Shove it up him.

J70

Quote from: Stalin on September 21, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
Do you realise how difficult it is to score against a team who packs the box with at least 7 players at all times? We created enough yesterday, just was one of those days. If the early goal stands, we beat them 3/4-0. Deal with it.

Good result there for us at the Bridge. Seen a few bits of it in between watching the gaa, Neville seems to have had a mare. Got roasted for pace by Anelka one time, then nutmegged by him, so he fouled him and got yella carded. Seen him again get beat to a ball he was favorite for by Ballack. Heard he scored an OG, and at fulltime he was almost sent off for another foul. Shove it up him.

Kallou scored the Chelsea goal, although Ferguson will be unhappy, to say the least, about the marking. Keeper might have come for it too, although I'd have to see it again to make up my about that.

nifan

Keeper def should have came for it, though I dont think their will be many getting away without a rollicking

Stalin

Whoops, was the brother that scored the OG  ;D

gawa316

It was the berb the lazy fecker who failed to track back with Kalou

stiffler

Anyone see any of the game tonight?

Great to see Agger back in the team, think i heard he scored a 25yard free kick  :o
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009