The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Henry will spend another season at Barca - and then he's off to the States - mark my words

magpie seanie

In todays market and when you see what Spurs paid for Bent then I suppose Liverpool are entitled to try and get £15M for Crouch. I think he'll get goals for anyone in the Premiership and wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool get that money for him. What I do think though is that its rich of Benitez to ask that money for someone he clearly doesn't rate.

Can't see Henry back at the Emirates. Too old for Wenger.

As for United - I listenened to Graham Hunter on Newstalk a while back and he sees it panning out like this:  They will break the bank for Danny Alves (to a point). With Gary Neviller near the end of his days a first choice right back is needed and he's probably the best in the world at present. Berbatov will also be a target, posibly with Saha going the other way. I think those two would be good.

corn02

Alves is a class act, I thought Liverpool had him in the bag a few years ago.

Minder

So if Alves came to United they would have just signed a player (Brown) to a £55k p/w contract to warm the bench?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

You need more than 11 to challenge for more than the cup competitions Minder.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 09, 2008, 02:18:26 PM
You need more than 11 to challenge for more than the cup competitions Minder.

Just wouldnt have thought he would be happy to be a sub for the majority of games after signing a new contract, perhaps he was given assurances though.......

Chrisowc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 09, 2008, 02:05:55 PM
In todays market and when you see what Spurs paid for Bent then I suppose Liverpool are entitled to try and get £15M for Crouch. I think he'll get goals for anyone in the Premiership and wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool get that money for him. What I do think though is that its rich of Benitez to ask that money for someone he clearly doesn't rate.
Can't see Henry back at the Emirates. Too old for Wenger.

As for United - I listenened to Graham Hunter on Newstalk a while back and he sees it panning out like this:  They will break the bank for Danny Alves (to a point). With Gary Neviller near the end of his days a first choice right back is needed and he's probably the best in the world at present. Berbatov will also be a target, posibly with Saha going the other way. I think those two would be good.

It's not rich at all.  It's business.  Liverpool are entitled to put any price they like on a player in the hope that they get as close to that figure as possible.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

tintin25

Considering they only paid 7 million for them and he's not even a regular starter, I doubt if they'd get twice that!

Minder

Quote from: tintin25 on May 09, 2008, 02:43:25 PM

Considering they only paid 7 million for them and he's not even a regular starter, I doubt if they'd get twice that!

He isnt a regular starter because Liverpool only play one up front and Torres is that "one", any time he has played he has more often than not impressed. I would think they will get around £10m for him.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tintin25 on May 09, 2008, 02:43:25 PM

They'll be looking to. Crouch was really a nobody when he joined Liverpool (the fact that he cost 7 million just shows the inflated cost of English players). Since he came to Liverpool he's become an established goal scoring international and has undoubtably enhanced his repuation even though he hasn't got too many games this season. They should certainly be looking to collect 12 million minimum for him.

I think the 15 million quoted price is just a starting valuation. Liverpool want that. Someone will offer 10 and they will try and meet somewhere in the middle.

redcard

Anyone know how Liverpool did today?  :-*

Minder

they beat the current league cup champions in a sensational result

new devil

Quote from: Minder on May 11, 2008, 05:35:04 PM
they beat the current league cup champions in a sensational result

Which means spurs won more than yous this year  :-\ :-\ :D :D

Stalin

youre a tedious hoor. good to see youre out celebrating the win
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

new devil

Only winding stalin....don't worry celebrations will be in full swing in a few hours...hopefully after new york beat Leitrim