The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I can't see Benayoun going as long as he is happy being a back-up player. From what I've seen, he's been fine in that role. If he wants to be a first-choice player, that is a different story.

stevo-08

Quote from: Hound on April 28, 2008, 12:43:31 PM
I've seen him about 4 or 5 times for the reserves, and he never stood out.

Hound, where do you watch the reserve games?

Barry would be a decent replacement for Alonso, who I think will leave in the summer. And as brokencrossbar said, Carson + money for Barry would be decent enough business. I can see bennyoun staying on but we need to get rid of pennant, despite a good performance at the weekend. Priorities for the summer would be: right winger, central midfielder (Barry???) & a partner for torres.

The 4-4-1-1 formation with gerrard behind torres will do fine against most of the PL teams but when playing man utd/arsenal/chelsea, the likes of rio/vidic, toure/gallas, carv/terry are all comfortable enough against the lone threat of torres up front. Need to play 4-4-2 against those teams, with gerrard on the wing and a quality partner beside torres upfront. We might then finally get a win over those teams in the PL. 4 draws + 2 Losses just aint good enough!!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: stevo-08 on April 28, 2008, 02:06:57 PM
Quote from: Hound on April 28, 2008, 12:43:31 PM
I've seen him about 4 or 5 times for the reserves, and he never stood out.

Hound, where do you watch the reserve games?

Barry would be a decent replacement for Alonso, who I think will leave in the summer. And as brokencrossbar said, Carson + money for Barry would be decent enough business. I can see bennyoun staying on but we need to get rid of pennant, despite a good performance at the weekend. Priorities for the summer would be: right winger, central midfielder (Barry???) & a partner for torres.

The 4-4-1-1 formation with gerrard behind torres will do fine against most of the PL teams but when playing man utd/arsenal/chelsea, the likes of rio/vidic, toure/gallas, carv/terry are all comfortable enough against the lone threat of torres up front. Need to play 4-4-2 against those teams, with gerrard on the wing and a quality partner beside torres upfront. We might then finally get a win over those teams in the PL. 4 draws + 2 Losses just aint good enough!!!

Most/all of the Reserve games are on LFC TV, channel 448 on Sky if you have the Setanta Sports Pack.

nifan

Degen on a free is the name being mentioned for the RB slot.
Cant say I know much about him other than he is swiss.

bingobus

well boys, we know its the Manc's waiting in the final.

Would absolutely love a crack at them. In a one off, I don't think we should fear them, all form and league tables would go out the window.

I think it is even more of an incentive (if their was one needed) to beat Chelsea. Chelsea will feel the same though.

Going to be some night.

J70

Yeah, I'll be sick if Liverpool don't make it now. Sure, it would take a while to live down a defeat in the final, but the crack and the intensity on the night would be well worth it. There should be no problems motivating the Liverpool team now for tomorrow night.

new devil

Yea  J70 thats excatly how i was last year when we didnt make it

Hope yous do it because as you say the craic will be unreal

stevo-08

It's hard not to be distracted by a possible final against our biggest rivals, but first things first - the small matter of a trip to the bridge tonight.
What are people's thoughts on the lineup. Aurelio out is a blow, he's played some good ball recently. Means a shake up in defence.
Rafa has a few options there: carra/hyypia/skrtel/arbeloa or arbeloa/carra/skrtel/riise. There's even the option of starting finnan but I think that's unlikely. I'd suspect he'd go with a straight swap with riise coming in at LB.

As for the midfield/forward selection, I'd be tempted to start crouch and go with a similar formation as against arsenal in 2nd leg - kuyt/masch/alonso/gerrard & torres/crouch up front. I know gerrard doesnt seem to like that position but just let him roam if he wants. Crouch is in good form and would create plenty of problems in the chelsea defence. It also leaves the option of babel coming on as sub which seems to work.

gawa316

Quote from: stevo-08 on April 30, 2008, 08:31:57 AM
It's hard not to be distracted by a possible final against our biggest rivals, but first things first - the small matter of a trip to the bridge tonight.
What are people's thoughts on the lineup. Aurelio out is a blow, he's played some good ball recently. Means a shake up in defence.
Rafa has a few options there: carra/hyypia/skrtel/arbeloa or arbeloa/carra/skrtel/riise. There's even the option of starting finnan but I think that's unlikely. I'd suspect he'd go with a straight swap with riise coming in at LB.

As for the midfield/forward selection, I'd be tempted to start crouch and go with a similar formation as against arsenal in 2nd leg - kuyt/masch/alonso/gerrard & torres/crouch up front. I know gerrard doesnt seem to like that position but just let him roam if he wants. Crouch is in good form and would create plenty of problems in the chelsea defence. It also leaves the option of babel coming on as sub which seems to work.

I'd agree with that. Babel seems much more of a threat when the opposition are tiring.

Absolutely shitting myself. Even if and it's a big if we do get through to the final, my stomach is going to in knots for the next 3 odd weeks thinking about 'that' final.

bingobus

its near time. Extremely stressed at this stage, trying to keep busy all day but somehow everytime i try and evaluate the company and shareholders cost of a members voluntary liquidation the final cost boils down to weather Torres can get running at Terry and if Carra can handle Drogba. Someones fee is going to suffer  ;D  ;D

Not too confident to be honest. Destiny always seems to play a big part in soccer. More than logic can explain. Chelsea are bound to get to a CL final and where else could it be more fitting than in Romans Moscow.

If Liverpool score first, I fancy us getting through. Think we could hold out or even steal a second late on. If we don't can see us getting plenty of ball but getting fustrated with it. Even Crouch off the bench, shouldn't worry Chelsea with their physical presence at the back.

Too hard too call. Gut says Chelsea, heart says Liverpool, head is staying out of it.

EC Unique

Best of luck tonight Bin dippers. Really want the chance to beat you lot in the Final :D :D ;D

girt_giggler

i think it will finish 1-1 & Liverpool will win on pens! i'd happily take getting to extra time if someone was to offer it now!

bingobus

Quote from: hardstation on April 30, 2008, 03:38:25 PM
Liverpool to go 2-0 infront inside the first 20 minutes. Defend like hoors. Final score 2-2.
Liverpool - Man United final.

You trying to kill me  ;D

Billys Boots

Quotein Romans Moscow

I'm beginning to see the Utd squad having a very broken night's sleep in Moscow, due to unforeseen circumstances.

I'll go for a 0-0 tonight.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

girt_giggler

Like last year I went over to Liverpool to watch the final, unreal atmosphere around the city before the game and post match despite the result.

Just took a chance & booked there again, only £35 quid return from City airport with ryanair wed-fri!  expect a hike tomorrow if Liverpool do it!

In Moscow we'll win it 6 times