The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo-08

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 12, 2008, 12:07:19 PM
Quote from: stevo-08 on March 12, 2008, 11:58:06 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 12, 2008, 11:45:34 AM

And...how s**t has Viera become!

exactly my thoughts. And how good is Mascherano becoming!!!

I praised Torres. That's my unbiased comment for the day gone. Sorry. Try again tomorrow  ;)

ah well, worth a shot. cant blame me for trying anyway. and seeing as we all seem to be getting along today, I reckon Chelsea will win either the PL or CL this year. I really hope we dont play yiz in the CL - only one winner there, according to the experts  ;)

EC Unique

I would love for UTD to draw Liverpool in the next round. The hype and craic would be class!! :D

corn02

Seanie I don't give a f**k if he is shit for England, he has consistently been superb for Liverpool and that is all I care about.

United is the one team I want to avoid. Any team except United for me and I would be quite confident.

I was certain Inter would get an early goal last night and make it a tough night, as it turned out they were cat. Viera was at the heart of everything that was poor about Inter, strolling off the pitch near the end did not endear him to the crowd either. We played poor lads but a 1-0 win in the San Siro is an excellent result no matter what RTE say. Milan have won twice all season at the San Siro, Arsenal go beat them and they are applauded by all. We win in the San Siro against the team that is running away with the title and we get criticised. They were shit though.

Babel and Kuyt were terrible last nigh, Kuyt improved in the second half  but both were brutal. Gerrard, Mascherano and Reina were the best performers on the night. Torres was another one having a stinker but showed his class by taking his only real chance. Reina for me does not get enough credit. The man has been excellent since he arrived and one of Rafa's best signings. He does have his moments butthe defence must feel confident with him behind them.

full back

Good result for the scousers in Milan.
Although the result could have been different if Ibrahimovic had squared the ball with just over 30 mins remaining - the greedy b4stard.
Really dont want the scousers on Friday in the draw.
If it was a PL game I wouldnt mind but the CL is a different story altogether

corn02

Don't want you either fullback.

Ibrahimovic is the best paid player in the World and also the most over rated.

What did you all think of the sending off. RTE said deserved while Andy Gray said no. Personally I thought it was a yellow card offence and saw no problem with either card he recieved.

full back

Quote from: corn02 on March 12, 2008, 01:18:09 PM
What did you all think of the sending off. RTE said deserved while Andy Gray said no. Personally I thought it was a yellow card offence and saw no problem with either card he recieved.

Agreed

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on March 12, 2008, 01:18:09 PM
Don't want you either fullback.

Ibrahimovic is the best paid player in the World and also the most over rated.

When have Andy Gray and objectivity ever went hand in hand ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

Of course Gray said Lucas should have been sent off.

deiseach

Quote from: EC Unique on March 12, 2008, 12:58:10 PM
I would love for UTD to draw Liverpool in the next round. The hype and craic would be class!! :D

Considering how nervous I was last night, despite being 2-0 up and Torres threatening to get an away goal every time he touched the ball, any match against the Mancs in Europe would probably be the death of me.

Rasmatazz:)

The one team Liverpool do not want is the manc's,Pool could not live up to , one winner only. Man U all the way  ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

The next 5 games after tomorrow

23rd March
Man United vs Liverpool (EPL)
30th March
Liverpool vs Everton (EPL)
2nd April
Arsenal vs Liverpool (CL)
5th April
Arsenal vs Liverpool  (EPL)
9th April
Liverpool vs Arsenal (CL)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 14, 2008, 12:45:36 PM
The next 5 games after tomorrow

23rd March
Man United vs Liverpool (EPL)
30th March
Liverpool vs Everton (EPL)
2nd April
Arsenal vs Liverpool (CL)
5th April
Arsenal vs Liverpool  (EPL)
9th April
Liverpool vs Arsenal (CL)

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Piece of piss. ;D

Actually this is the form guide for both teams at the moment.

Liverpool form: WWWWWW
Arsenal form: DDDDWD

Won't count for much come the beginning of April though I'd imagine.

AZOffaly

This is the stage of the season that Rafa always talks about when people criticise the rotation policy. Now we find out if it's going to come good when he needs it.

stevo-08

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 14, 2008, 12:53:52 PM
This is the stage of the season that Rafa always talks about when people criticise the rotation policy. Now we find out if it's going to come good when he needs it.

aye, and it's a pity those same people dont do their homework. If you take the main spine of GK, CB, CM & Striker in the top 4 teams, then this season Liverpool have played reina, carragher, gerrard & Torres about 8-10 PL games more than their conterparts in arse, utd or chelsea. in fairness to chelsea, drogba hasnt started in the league since december i think. but anyway, it puts the rotation hype churned out by the media to bed. i mean does anybody care if arbeloa/aurelio, pennant/bennayoun, lucas/alonso, kuyt/crouch are all rotated???

But yes, the upcoming matches will certainly tell alot about how good & consistent this Liverpool team are. 

AZOffaly

I care to be honest. I think it's okay to rest/rotate one or 2 people every so often, but a team needs to get settled. Changing 5 or 6 lads does not breed consistency, and only undermines confidence.

Theres 'rotation' and ROTATION. Rafa doesn't do lower case.