The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

[/quote]

In fairness, it was for about two minutes after the third goal (unless they started again at the end - i didn't see the last 15).
[/quote]
True that
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

deiseach

Have to chuckle at the way Gerrard is all touchy-feely around Torres. No doubt he views Torres as an equal worthy of his attention. Should he be told that Torres is no equal - he's much better?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: deiseach on March 08, 2008, 11:10:41 PM
Have to chuckle at the way Gerrard is all touchy-feely around Torres. No doubt he views Torres as an equal worthy of his attention. Should he be told that Torres is no equal - he's much better?

I think Gerrard is just happy to have a player of that quality at the club. And I'm sure he'd like a few more like him.

Thank god for Fernando by the way. The lad is utter class and a great attitude to go with it.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 08, 2008, 11:36:43 PM
Thats a odd thing to say,How can you compare  ??? Gerrard's a midfielder Torres is a striker so yes Torres is a far better striker than Gerrard but Gerrard is a better midfielder than Torres,But both are of equal importance to Liverpool and they are combining brilliantly together at the moment

You don't think you can compare strikers and midfielders. I think you can compare the value of players across all areas of the pitch. As far as I'm concerned, Torres is more valuable than Gerrard.

nifan

Deiseach, the way they dovetailed yesterday shows the value they have to each other.
I wouldnt say torres is much better than gerrard, i think they make each other better

deiseach

Quote from: nifan on March 09, 2008, 05:35:17 PM
Deiseach, the way they dovetailed yesterday shows the value they have to each other.
I wouldnt say torres is much better than gerrard, i think they make each other better

They each make all those around them better. But if the Fates said one of the two was going to suffer a long term injury and I had to choose, I wouldn't even hesitate before bestowing my protection on Torres.

stevo-08

Quote from: deiseach on March 09, 2008, 05:43:12 PM
They each make all those around them better. But if the Fates said one of the two was going to suffer a long term injury and I had to choose, I wouldn't even hesitate before bestowing my protection on Torres.

i probably would pick torres too, but to be fair to Gerrard, for years he's proved that he can carry the team on his own. thankfully, torres hasnt had that chance yet!!

That sort of leads me onto another point - watching the premiership on saturday, it's so annoying listening to giles & houghton saying that "if it wasnt for gerrard & torres, liverpool would be in serious trouble" . Of course they would, but is that any different to any of the other top sides - how would utd fare without rooney & ronaldo, or arsenal without fabregas & adebayor? Sometimes it's like they hate seeing Liverpool perform well, means they have to nit pick for criticism.

under the bar

QuoteHave to chuckle at the way Gerrard is all touchy-feely around Torres. No doubt he views Torres as an equal worthy of his attention.

Maybe it's cos he's not getting much touchy-feely [Edited by Mod3]

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on March 09, 2008, 05:43:12 PM
Quote from: nifan on March 09, 2008, 05:35:17 PM

First of all could you not have said if one of them had to be transfered rather than a long term injury?
Anyways apart from that, I wouldn't be as quick to choose between them as you are..Gerrard when on form is one of the best midfielders in the world in my opinion and has got Liverpool out of more holes than i can remember and i would have to think long and hard about who i would pick before i'd pick between the two,Torres has been brilliant so far but Gerrard has been doing it for Liverpool for the last 5 years
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 09, 2008, 10:15:29 PM
First of all could you not have said if one of them had to be transfered rather than a long term injury?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on March 09, 2008, 10:35:05 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 09, 2008, 10:15:29 PM

Yup you are a arsehole,That confirms it
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Joining me in being pedantic Laoislad?  ;)

deiseach

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gaaboardmod3

Quote from: under the bar on March 09, 2008, 08:22:23 PM
QuoteHave to chuckle at the way Gerrard is all touchy-feely around Torres. No doubt he views Torres as an equal worthy of his attention.

Maybe it's cos he's not getting much touchy-feely [Edited by Mod3]

Under the bar, that is the sort of stuff that is not on. Rule 2 Warning.