The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

3-1 down and Benitez takes off Torres and Gerrard what the f**k is going on  ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 08, 2007, 06:47:41 PM
3-1 down and Benitez takes off Torres and Gerrard what the f**k is going on  ???

Tuesday night and next Sunday?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Square Ball on December 08, 2007, 06:48:34 PM

there was 25 mins left what about getting points from this game it just doesn't make sense it be different if we were 3-1 ahead
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 08, 2007, 06:50:36 PM
3-1 down and Benitez takes off Torres and Gerrard what the f**k is going on  ???

there was 25 mins left what about getting points from this game it just doesn't make sense it be different if we were 3-1 ahead

Its a bit bizarre all right. The game is just petering out. It looks like Benitez just said "f**k it, we'll make it up some other day".

Makes United next week a must-not-lose game though.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 08, 2007, 06:43:05 PM
Reading 3
Liverpool 1

:o :o :o :o  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Fully deserved i might add

Yep, they took their chances.

The ref hasn't done Liverpool any favours at all, but that's the way it goes. Liverpool looked very lackadaisical today anyway.

The Real Laoislad

No complaints from the laoislad on this result we deserved nothing from this game and fair play to Reading,I would agree with J70 on that i think Benitez said f**k it we'll take this one on the chin...I still think he is more interested in winning Europe again than the Premiership,In my opinion this was just as much of a must win game as Marseille and United next week
Yes it wasn't a penalty but i wouldn't say that had much too do with how we played,they never got out of second gear and looked un interested for most of the game hopefully its only a blip
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: J70 on December 08, 2007, 07:02:23 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 08, 2007, 06:50:36 PM
3-1 down and Benitez takes off Torres and Gerrard what the f**k is going on  ???

Its a bit bizarre all right. The game is just petering out. It looks like Benitez just said "f**k it, we'll make it up some other day".

Makes United next week a must-not-lose game though.

Certainly does,Im heading over to it next weekend hopefully they play better than today
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Guillem2

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

J70

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 08, 2007, 07:11:26 PM
No complaints from the laoislad on this result we deserved nothing from this game and fair play to Reading,I would agree with J70 on that i think Benitez said f**k it we'll take this one on the chin...I still think he is more interested in winning Europe again than the Premiership,In my opinion this was just as much of a must win game as Marseille and United next week
Yes it wasn't a penalty but i wouldn't say that had much too do with how we played,they never got out of second gear and looked un interested for most of the game hopefully its only a blip

Liverpool's penalty against Fulham was similar, in that the initial contact was outside the box, so we can't complain too much about that. Torres should have had one in the first half, and the one where he got the knock looked suspect too, but those decisions go for and against every team. Throw in the two shots off the post/bar, and on another day, Liverpool would have got a result, despite the rather flat performance. Every team is going to have an off-day somewhere along the line - the important thing is that they recover quickly from it, as United did after the Bolton game and Chelsea after the Villa one after Grant took over. The thing for Liverpool is the magnitude of the next two games - win both, and today will be forgotten very, very quickly. Lose both, and recovering this season will be very tough.

I think Sissoko's days as a Liverpool player are seriously numbered now. He mixed the sublime with the ridiculous again today, winning 20/80 balls, then screwing up five yard passes. Even the one he laid back to Gerrard for his chip off the bar was played short! It looked like men and boys with Mascherano beside him.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 08, 2007, 07:20:02 PM
Today is the start of a make or break week for Liverpool and it hasnt started well. Team selection was questionable to say the least and then taking Gerrard off was a joke. What Benitez needs to understand is, the Champions League means nothing compared to the League. This was a bigger game than the game on Tuesday, those 3 points lost today may be very valuable come the end of the season. If Rafa hasnt realised that the League means everything to Liverpool and everything else is secondary then he should be asking himself some difficult questions. The Liverpool of old played their strongest XI week in week out and we owned the League in those days, this rotation nonsense has to stop now.
Reading fully deserved their 3 points today, they wanted it more than Liverpool, but they were playing with an extra man, the Referee, who gave them a 1 goal start and then denied Liverpool a couple of penalties, he didnt want to give us anything and I think his performance today should be seriously questioned.

Maybe a few decisions went against us but i really think blaming the ref is being unfair to Reading,even apart from the ref Liverpool never looked like doing much today they were disjointed looking and as i said before they looked un interested
You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 08, 2007, 07:20:02 PM
Today is the start of a make or break week for Liverpool and it hasnt started well. Team selection was questionable to say the least and then taking Gerrard off was a joke. What Benitez needs to understand is, the Champions League means nothing compared to the League. This was a bigger game than the game on Tuesday, those 3 points lost today may be very valuable come the end of the season. If Rafa hasnt realised that the League means everything to Liverpool and everything else is secondary then he should be asking himself some difficult questions. The Liverpool of old played their strongest XI week in week out and we owned the League in those days, this rotation nonsense has to stop now.
Reading fully deserved their 3 points today, they wanted it more than Liverpool, but they were playing with an extra man, the Referee, who gave them a 1 goal start and then denied Liverpool a couple of penalties, he didnt want to give us anything and I think his performance today should be seriously questioned.

Gerrard may have had a knock, as Benitez had initially decided to take off Hobbs and Gerrard was holding an ice pack to his side afterwards.

No one was saying a word about rotation over the past month, so why is it suddenly the culprit once more?  Benitez was always going to make a couple of changes for this match, given the next two. If they had a result, no one would be saying a word, as they haven't been over the past few weeks.

My complaint today would be more to do with the formation and intensity - Liverpool were far too narrow in the first half, and didn't get going at all until they scored, somewhat against the run of play. Maybe there was a bit of complacency in the side after the recent run.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on December 08, 2007, 07:25:55 PM
Yes Laoislad, they were disjointed and Benitez must take the blame for that. The team would do a lot better if it was a settled side with less changes. Get a starting XI and dont change it during the league unless there is an injury or a player losses form. FFS we are starting players who clearly havent found any sort of form.
You were right about Voronin.

I agree the team needs to be settled but i honestly believe with Rafa in charge that is never gonna happen,Is it time for a change of manager ?..Don't get me wrong im not suddenly jumping on the get Rafa out bandwagon just because we lost one game but im seriously starting to think that Liverpool will never win the League with Benitez in charge.
There is still a lot of deadwood at Liverpool, Riise isn't the player he use to be and i don't rate Arbeloa,Voronin,Babel
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stalin

Benitez proved in Spain that he had what it takes to win the league. Nonchalant attitude? Wtf, we were unbeaten until today, something that does not be achieved through nonchalance. Was Fergie 'nonchalant' last week in his selection against Bolton, does he not have what it takes to win another league.

We certainly wernt at our best today but to say with certainty that Reading deserved to win the game is somewhat blinkered. They gained impetus from a penalty that never was. We had the better opportunities, and 17 shots. How many did Reading have? What chances did they have apart from their goals?

5times you say this rotation has to stop, but there were many many changes during our winning streak there, Rafa only kept same team once I think. Clearly, for me, the rotation isnt the problem, moreso the selection of square pegs in round holes eg Voronin. Sissoko is a complete calamity and has to be sold in January.

Laoislad why do you not rate Arbeloa and Babel? Arbeloa has certainly proved himself worthy of selection for me, and Babel continues to impress me when he gets a run out. I think he could go on to great things in a few years. To 'not rate' him halfway through his first season is a tad knee-jerk in my opinion.

This clamour about taking Gerrard off is ridiculous. I was as surprised as anyone to see him being taken off, but he looks to have taken a knock and with two season-defining games ahead this week, I think the substitution would have made a lot of sense anyway. With Kewell and Babel on we started looking more dangerous going forward.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

Norf Tyrone

Last week Benitez was being proclaimed as the messiah, but failure on Tuesday, coupled with defeat against Man United on Sunday, and the clamour to have him axed could be deafening!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Stalin

Who proclaimed him as the messiah? Must have missed that one ::)
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic