Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: Man Marker on July 24, 2014, 11:41:23 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 24, 2014, 11:37:14 AM
Quote from: God14 on July 24, 2014, 11:27:20 AM
McElkennon worked with Harte at St Ciarans Ballygawley in the 90's and was part of the management team for the County minors in around 97. The relationship between the pair would be reminiscent of that with Harte & Paddy Tally.
But what happened?

Nothing actually happened between them, just people going their own ways.

Quote from: Under Lights on July 24, 2014, 11:37:31 AM
McElkennon worked with Harte at St Ciarans Ballygawley in the 90's and was part of the management team for the County minors in around 97. The relationship between the pair would be reminiscent of that with Harte & Paddy Tally.

Harte and Paddy Tally also worked together at St Ciarans Ballygawley. Maybe it's this school that's that problem. A cesspool of corruption???

maybe its Harte, the Glencull row and RTE row demonstrate a deep thick man.

McElkennon and Tally are both men with their own ideas and would both like to have a big input. Harte is his own man and likes to be surrounded with yes men.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: EC Unique on July 24, 2014, 11:48:54 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 24, 2014, 11:41:23 AM
Quote from: sensethetone on July 24, 2014, 11:37:14 AM
But what happened?

Nothing actually happened between them, just people going their own ways.

Quote from: Under Lights on July 24, 2014, 11:37:31 AM

Harte and Paddy Tally also worked together at St Ciarans Ballygawley. Maybe it's this school that's that problem. A cesspool of corruption???

maybe its Harte, the Glencull row and RTE row demonstrate a deep thick man.

McElkennon and Tally are both men with their own ideas and would both like to have a big input. Harte is his own man and likes to be surrounded with yes men.

Fair play for that post EC Unique, a bit cutting of your own clubman but honest none the least.

Dell

Harte has begun the task of rebuilding within Tyrone. The simple truth is there is no other candidate in Tyrone who can match his experience and knowledge. The man is a 'full time' Tyrone Manager, I don't know any other man who could give this 24/7 time to the job. IMO the Armagh defeat highlighted many issues that I believe he will learn from and deal with. I have my own gripes about selection and personnel but I'm not involved every night at training every night so I will trust a man who knows more than most. I also believe the squad he has is a very poor one in comparison to the AI winning teams. Only Matty Donnelly, Colm Cavanagh and Peter Harte appear to have physically developed themselves to play at this level. Too many if the rest of the squad are bluffing in terms of S&C with no chance in their physique over the last number of years. To play county football at this time at a serious level requires huge sacrifice dedication and discipline qualities our AI trams had in abundance along with their undoubted quality and talent. A lot of our young 'talent' (and some not so young) are a spoilt arrogant twitter premiership generation who feel everyone owes them something with their ridiculous attitude, co stand desire to be in the paper, stupid headphones, want to be wags and the lazy excuses for failure that are ready as quick at the flights to the USA. Change is good Harte is making it but the next squad of players need to stand up for themselves, and quickly.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

hugh the root

Quote from: Dell on August 07, 2014, 05:21:32 PM
Harte has begun the task of rebuilding within Tyrone. The simple truth is there is no other candidate in Tyrone who can match his experience and knowledge. The man is a 'full time' Tyrone Manager, I don't know any other man who could give this 24/7 time to the job. IMO the Armagh defeat highlighted many issues that I believe he will learn from and deal with. I have my own gripes about selection and personnel but I'm not involved every night at training every night so I will trust a man who knows more than most. I also believe the squad he has is a very poor one in comparison to the AI winning teams. Only Matty Donnelly, Colm Cavanagh and Peter Harte appear to have physically developed themselves to play at this level. Too many if the rest of the squad are bluffing in terms of S&C with no chance in their physique over the last number of years. To play county football at this time at a serious level requires huge sacrifice dedication and discipline qualities our AI trams had in abundance along with their undoubted quality and talent. A lot of our young 'talent' (and some not so young) are a spoilt arrogant twitter premiership generation who feel everyone owes them something with their ridiculous attitude, co stand desire to be in the paper, stupid headphones, want to be wags and the lazy excuses for failure that are ready as quick at the flights to the USA. Change is good Harte is making it but the next squad of players need to stand up for themselves, and quickly.
. I had retired from the thread but had to return to echo my congratulations to Dell for his complete honesty. Wisest words spoke all year!

twenty one yard free

Word on the street that Peter Donnelly is set to join hartes backroom team as S&C coach
;) ;)

WT4E

Quote from: twenty one yard free on August 07, 2014, 09:22:26 PM
Word on the street that Peter Donnelly is set to join hartes backroom team as S&C coach
;) ;)

I heard a few players asked for him last year and Harte talked to him. Donnelly wanted to as long as he got the same 'travel expenses' as with Cavan! Harte said he couldn't get him that and that was that. Harte could of paid him out of his kitty!

LeoMc

Quote from: Dell on August 07, 2014, 05:21:32 PM

?

hugh the root

I hear that the county chairmanship club and the ulster council  are in bother over the illegal transfer of a lifted player to strabane It will interesting to see what punishment is handed out here given the influence mclaughlin has within the county board.The man who spat on Karl Lacey never got a day suspension  whilst people from the Ardboe club were persecuted  for trying to stand up for their youth!Are we seeing the beginning of the end of mclaughlins corruption?

hugh the root

Tyrone should have appointed McGeeny as Tyrone manager. It's a credit to him the way he has pumped up Armagh.Last year armagh were nowhere near the level of Tyrone and now with McGeeny in the post for 6 months he has them as serious title holders again.We certainly would get rid of thise on the panel who would pull out of the odd tackle!

BennyHarp

Quote from: hugh the root on August 09, 2014, 10:11:18 PM
Tyrone should have appointed McGeeny as Tyrone manager. It's a credit to him the way he has pumped up Armagh.Last year armagh were nowhere near the level of Tyrone and now with McGeeny in the post for 6 months he has them as serious title holders again.We certainly would get rid of thise on the panel who would pull out of the odd tackle!

What title do they hold?
That was never a square ball!!

hugh the root

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2014, 10:28:19 PM

What title do they hold?sorry Benny I am awfully silly! I meant to write title challengers . this should not take away from what Geezer has achieved in a short spell !

BennyHarp

Quote from: hugh the root on August 09, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

What title do they hold?sorry Benny I am awfully silly! I meant to write title challengers . this should not take away from what Geezer has achieved in a short spell !

He certainly added a level of aggression to Armagh that we were sadly missing this year.

hugh the root

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2014, 10:35:20 PM

He certainly added a level of aggression to Armagh that we were sadly missing this year.
Would you agree with my assumption that if Geezer was manager of Tyrone ; at least half a dozen of the current panel would be made stay at home.There is nothing as bad as having to look at Trones under achievers posing at games over the summer. if I were them I' d be either in the gym or hiding. Tyrone need to catch themselves on and realise that it takes guts to win games;skill is only one of the ingredients.

BennyHarp

Quote from: hugh the root on August 09, 2014, 10:40:54 PM

Would you agree with my assumption that if Geezer was manager of Tyrone ; at least half a dozen of the current panel would be made stay at home.There is nothing as bad as having to look at Trones under achievers posing at games over the summer. if I were them I' d be either in the gym or hiding. Tyrone need to catch themselves on and realise that it takes guts to win games;skill is only one of the ingredients.

If he was manager of Tyrone he'd probably ship players in from Cavan and bankrupt the county board. But at least we'd show a bit of guts and get to an AI quarter final which seems to be his glass ceiling as manager.

hugh the root

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 09, 2014, 10:49:19 PM
Quote from: hugh the root on August 09, 2014, 10:40:54 PM
tyrone county board love wasting money with all the igots throwing money at club tyrone. Some of the Tyrone backroom staff are more than well fed!

If he was manager of Tyrone he'd probably ship players in from Cavan and bankrupt the county board. But at least we'd show a bit of guts and get to an AI quarter final which seems to be his glass ceiling as manager.