The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: beer baron on March 15, 2016, 01:40:43 PM
Altior was class. Flew up the hill.

Good start for the bookies!! Min would have been backed fairly heavily!

beer baron

Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2016, 01:49:26 PM
Quote from: beer baron on March 15, 2016, 01:40:43 PM
Altior was class. Flew up the hill.

Good start for the bookies!! Min would have been backed fairly heavily!

I'd be happy enough to see a few favs beaten today. Fancy a few short ones tomorrow and wouldn't mind the bookies getting brave.

beer baron

In saying that I don't want to see Douvan beat, he's a joy to watch.

lurganblue

Min ruined my mullins accumulator straight away. Douvan at 5/1 for a new customer helps though

Declan

Impressive from Annie Power

beer baron

Yeah she annihilated them. Easy peasy for her, some training performance to get My Tent or Yours back in that kind of form by Nicky.

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

mikehunt

Quote from: leenie on March 16, 2016, 09:48:14 AM
Any tips for today ?

Foundation in the 2.50. Put your house on it.

GJL

mikehunt

Quote from: GJL on March 16, 2016, 02:13:04 PM
Quote from: mikehunt on March 16, 2016, 01:55:16 PM
Quote from: leenie on March 16, 2016, 09:48:14 AM
Any tips for today ?

Foundation in the 2.50. Put your house on it.

Is that a solid bet?

Straight forecast, Hoof Hearted to be followed by Ice Melt It in the bumper.

50fiftyball

"And its cue card leading as we come up to the last, lands beautifully, pulls away by 3 to 4 lengths, and it's cue card, the 2016 Cheltenham Gold Cup Winner, ridden by Paddy Brennan"  ;) ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: 50fiftyball on March 18, 2016, 01:54:19 PM
"And its cue card leading as we come up to the last, lands beautifully, pulls away by 3 to 4 lengths, and it's cue card, the 2016 Cheltenham Gold Cup Winner, ridden by Paddy Brennan"  ;) ;)
Unfortunately not.
Was going well when he fell
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

SHEEDY

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 18, 2016, 04:35:38 PM
Quote from: 50fiftyball on March 18, 2016, 01:54:19 PM
Unfortunately not.
Was going well when he fell
unfortunately not is right as i had him backed. was travelling really well when he fell.
nil satis nisi optimum

Donnellys Hollow

Vautour v Don Cossack at Punchestown? That would be something to look forward to. I've never been a big Don Cossack fan but fair play to Elliot. He always maintained he was a class act.

Great to see Sprinter Sacre back. He was the best chaser I'd ever seen when he was dominant three years ago.

Thistlecrack was sensational yesterday. Alpha Des Obeaux is a very decent horse and he toyed with him. The distance they put between themselves and the third horse was incredible.

Annie Power was a good result from a personal point of view. She wasn't winning out of turn at Cheltenham and it's mad to think she wasn't even in the entries for the race only six weeks ago.

Interesting to see what route they take with Douvan next season. If he gets three miles could Vautour drop back to two miles.

If I could take one horse out of the week it would be Yorkhill. I think he would have won the Supreme had they run him in that. Yanworth was all the rage and Yorkhill just dismissed him with ease. He has serious scope.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridgegael

Altior is another horse that will have great days ahead.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"