Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Portsmouth fans singing to Kaka...
"Who are ya! Who are ya!"  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thejuice

Anyone see this f**king lunatic -

QuoteScrap dealer with no head for heights hits two bridges

The truck which caused chaos in Dublin city centre yesterday after its driver hit two bridges while carrying a precarious high load

Friday November 28 2008

Paul Melia

A SCRAP dealer who loaded his truck with four clapped-out cars caused mayhem in Dublin city centre yesterday when he struck two bridges in the space of half an hour.

When questioned by Iarnrod Eireann engineers, the driver allegedly gave his address as being at a roundabout in Santry and turned out to be driving with no insurance.

Our pictures show the dangerous load he was carrying, with four cars precariously piled on top of each other and held in place by a steel arm and a length of rope.

The first strike happened at 2pm when staff in Iarnrod Eireann headquarters heard a loud bang as the truck hit the Amiens Street bridge. After failing to travel underneath the first time, the driver reversed and made a second attempt only to be thwarted by his high load.

"He tried to go again and all the cars behind were beeping at him saying he wouldn't make it," a rail spokeswoman said.

"He did a U-turn, which caused huge problems, and went back around on to the quays."

But when he met the Loopline bridge at the Custom House it was a case of third time unlucky. Again, he struck the bridge, but instead of reversing and trying to go another way he gunned his engine and tried unsuccessfully to squeeze his way through.

"He got out and jumped on to the cars to try and stamp them down," the spokeswoman continued.

"He made contact with the Custom House bridge and got stuck but he kept going. To be going around the city with that load is just crazy."

She added that there was no structural damage to either bridge and that the company was considering whether to take a prosecution.

Sand and gravel company Drones Stones, based in Northern Ireland, said it had sold the truck three months ago and did not know the current owner.

No arrest was made and gardai from Store Street were yesterday examining the circumstances of the collision.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

full back

Bonkers

Favourite part of the story
"Again, he struck the bridge, but instead of reversing and trying to go another way he gunned his engine and tried unsuccessfully to squeeze his way through."
:D

Puckoon

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Doing Jagerbombs with Danny Dichio last night :D

Hardy

I didn't understand most of that, which is a bit disturbing because now I'm in a situation where posts on the subject of things that make you go "what the f**k" are making me go "what the f**k" and I'm getting uncomfortable to be this deep in "what the f**k" subroutines.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

gerry

Quote from: Puckoon on November 28, 2008, 01:31:41 PM
black Friday shopping!!!

Black Friday death at a Wal-Mart

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

A crowd of shoppers trampled a store worker to death while rushing toward Black Friday specials at a Long Island Wal-Mart.

It's an appalling event, made even more newsworthy by the fact that American shoppers have been encouraged in recent days to make sure they get out and spend money to boost the economy.

Obviously, no one wanted anything like this event to occur.

Witnesses said a worker at a Wal-Mart in Long Island died after he tried to hold shoppers back before the scheduled 5 a.m. opening of the store.

But the stock clerk was run over by "unruly crowds," according to a report in the New York Daily News.

"As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him," the paper reported.

Police closed the store during the investigation of the death.

That decision probably angered a lot of shoppers but it was the proper thing to do.

where you there puck?
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

Quote from: gerry on November 29, 2008, 12:05:50 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on November 28, 2008, 01:31:41 PM
black Friday shopping!!!

Black Friday death at a Wal-Mart

By Yael T. Abouhalkah, Kansas City Star Editorial Page columnist

A crowd of shoppers trampled a store worker to death while rushing toward Black Friday specials at a Long Island Wal-Mart.

It's an appalling event, made even more newsworthy by the fact that American shoppers have been encouraged in recent days to make sure they get out and spend money to boost the economy.

Obviously, no one wanted anything like this event to occur.

Witnesses said a worker at a Wal-Mart in Long Island died after he tried to hold shoppers back before the scheduled 5 a.m. opening of the store.

But the stock clerk was run over by "unruly crowds," according to a report in the New York Daily News.

"As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him," the paper reported.

Police closed the store during the investigation of the death.

That decision probably angered a lot of shoppers but it was the proper thing to do.

where you there puck?

Believe it or believe it not ,I was in walmart at 4am that day - but in Reno, not long island. I didnt trample anyone, but some 82 year old woman did take the ankles off me with a shopping trolley.

full back

Thought this sort of craic was finished..........
Anyone hear anything about this?

Minister told of loyalist threat 

Conor Murphy said police told him of the threat
Regional Development Minister Conor Murphy has said he has been told of an attempt to murder him at the weekend.

The Newry and Armagh Sinn Féin MP said police told him loyalist paramilitaries calling themselves the Orange Volunteers were behind the attempt.

He said he was told the group claimed to have carried out the murder bid "over the weekend in the Newry area".

The police said they "do not comment on the personal security arrangements of individuals".

"Where we become aware that someone needs to review their security we take steps to inform them immediately. We never ignore anything that would put anyone at risk," a spokesman said.

Mr Murphy said that as a "long-time" member of Sinn Féin he was used to such threats, but added that it was an issue of concern for his family.

"This is part and parcel of being involved with Sinn Féin," he said.

"Unfortunately for too many of our members it has cost them their lives and I think we are always conscious of that."

Yes I Would

Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2008, 11:19:19 PM
Willie Frazier - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0E2eJHzMIY

Unfortunately nothing willie wonka does or say anymore surprises anyone!!
In fact its probably a close call as to which community up here despises him more.

Would be amazed if there was much substance behind the so called muder attempt on Murph!

The Iceman

Quote from: Yes I Would on December 02, 2008, 08:44:00 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 30, 2008, 11:19:19 PM
Willie Frazier - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0E2eJHzMIY

Unfortunately nothing willie wonka does or say anymore surprises anyone!!
In fact its probably a close call as to which community up here despises him more.

Would be amazed if there was much substance behind the so called muder attempt on Murph!
Frazer needs his head read
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight