Hurling 2024

Started by seafoid, January 01, 2023, 08:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on May 21, 2023, 05:58:32 PM
Limerick have to beat Cork . Cork have to beat Limerick.

Definately Munster knock-out championship there.

Winner takes all.

marty34

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 21, 2023, 06:04:18 PM
One worry for Clare was Quilligan was back to handing out gifts to the opposition again today. Batting out an easy penalty save to Cork for one goal and diving out of the way of Horgans shot for Corks third goal.

Yeah, they've had issues early in the year.

Goalkeeper faults show up moreso than outfield players.

Clare are motoring rightly and Duggan is some outlet option in at ff. Wins it or breaks it.  A real hanful.

Still hard to know about Cork.  Questions are still there so I give a hesitant nod to Limerick next week.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 21, 2023, 06:16:06 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on May 21, 2023, 06:09:09 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on May 21, 2023, 05:32:44 PM
Another blatant dive by tipp player. 2 games 2 shocking cheating acts.

And no doubt Donal Og the mouth won't mention a thing.

When was the dive in the Clare match I didn't see any dive?
Kelly was definitely making a meal of things at the very end of the match.

He is hardly Bruno. I don't know if he dived but he was definitely fouled.

Bord na Mona man

Some win for Westmeath. But all the more amazing given how much a deficit they had to come back from.
Is Leo Cullen in charge of the Wexford hurlers?

seafoid

The defending was cat. 3 major hurling  counties are currently in various stages of distress.

thewobbler

Hurling folk.

Is Donal Og an insightful pundit?

I don't watch much of your game but every time I hear him speak he's the kind of person I'd walk around the block to avoid. Just comes across as pointed, angry and sullen.

Him and Cantwell together is my idea of tv hell.

seafoid

Quote from: thewobbler on May 21, 2023, 08:08:56 PM
Hurling folk.

I don't watch much of your game but every time I hear him speak he's the kind of person I'd walk around the block to avoid. Just comes across as pointed, angry and sullen.

He can be extremist and angry as well as very partisan,  I think. He wouldn't be my favourite pundit.

Milltown Row2

Both games could have been great finals...

Munster Championship has been top notch again regardless of how Limerick have dominated, the plus side is they've raised the bar for the rest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Hurling folk.

There was some atmosphere in the studio when the two of them went at it ... Dalo and Joe didn't know where to look.  :(

As for his analysis, he can bring some good points but you'd think he's the first to ever think of them.

I like Liam Sheedy better for that, but there are far better analysis online from the likes of the 42.ie, Christy O'Connor etc.

Capt Pat

Limerick blew it at the end when Mulcahy took the point instead of playing a support runner in on goals.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on May 21, 2023, 09:28:44 PM
Hurling folk.

There was some atmosphere in the studio when the two of them went at it ... Dalo and Joe didn't know where to look.  :(

As for his analysis, he can bring some good points but you'd think he's the first to ever think of them.

I like Liam Sheedy better for that, but there are far better analysis online from the likes of the 42.ie, Christy O'Connor etc.

Donal Óg's a bit arrogant and Cantwell's the same.  Like to be in the limelight.

He reads a report on the Friday before games on RTE 1 I think.  Very flowery language but he's ok in terms of analysis but likes the attention.

I think Jackie Hurley is good. Keeps the conversation going without being aggressive.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/22/nicky-english-exceptional-contest-leaves-tipp-still-standing-and-limerick-facing-fight-for-survival/

Limerick aren't the team of the league final but they weren't beaten either and are still there but key players aren't in good form and they're not hitting the 30 points that used to be standard for them. Other teams will smell blood.Limerick aren't the team of the league final but they weren't beaten either and are still there but key players aren't in good form and they're not hitting the 30 points that used to be standard for them. Other teams will smell blood.

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2023, 07:04:25 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/05/22/nicky-english-exceptional-contest-leaves-tipp-still-standing-and-limerick-facing-fight-for-survival/

Limerick aren't the team of the league final but they weren't beaten either and are still there but key players aren't in good form and they're not hitting the 30 points that used to be standard for them. Other teams will smell blood.Limerick aren't the team of the league final but they weren't beaten either and are still there but key players aren't in good form and they're not hitting the 30 points that used to be standard for them. Other teams will smell blood.

You can say that again!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on May 22, 2023, 08:00:12 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2023, 07:04:25 AM

You can say that again!

;D ;D ;D

If only he could think for himself and not post other peoples shite!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea