Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 25, 2008, 04:15:32 PM
Any predictions for the other Senior Club game this weekend?
Claremorris Vs Charlstown?

I reckon Charlstown have enough to see them off although Claremorris are going well.

are the mullins back?

joemamas

Charlestown 1-10 Claremorris 1-6   11 mins gone in second half.

joemamas

Charlestown 1-13  Claremorris 1-9  FT

Owenmoresider

Sunday 28th September 2008
TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Senior Championship

Charlestown  1-13 1-9 Claremorris  Castlebar Semi-Final 
Louisburgh  0-10 1-12 Kiltane  Islandeady Relegation game 

TF Royal Hotel & Theatre Mayo Junior Championship

The Neale  2-13 1-6 Knockmore B Balla Quarter Final 
Killala  1-12 1-7 Castlebar Mitchels B Crossmolina Quarter Final 
Islandeady  2-12 0-10 Carramore  Ballintubber Quarter Final 

Senior Hurling Championship

Tooreen  1-16 4-7 James Stephens Ballina  Castlebar Semi-Final 
Westport  0-9 2-18 Ballyhaunis  Castlebar Semi-Final 

Welcome Inn Senior Football League Division 1A

Westport  0-15 1-12 Breaffy  Westport Round 11 
Ballinrobe  1-5 2-19 Ballaghadereen  Ballinrobe Round 11 
Davitts  3-9 1-17 Crossmolina Deel Rovers  Davitts Round 11 
Bohola Moy-Davitts  1-16 2-8 Knockmore  Foxford Round 11 

South Mayo The O Meara Cup
Shrule-Glencorrib  3-14 1-5 Garrymore  Ballinrobe Final

ludermor

Louisburgh  0-10 1-12 Kiltane  Islandeady Relegation game

Well safe for another year, hopefully they can build on this and they will have a few of the lads back that went traveling this year. Th enew coach seems to have made a good impression and hopefully he will stay for another year

Davitt Man

Div 1a final league table, only c\town and belmullet to play

Breaffy       10 7 1 2 141 109 32 16
Crossmolina Deel Rovers  10 7 3 0 162 115 47 14
Ballaghadereen  10 5 2 3 163 117 46 13
Knockmore  10 5 2 3 133 126 7 13
Charlestown  9 3 1 5 113 94 19 11
Bohola Moy-Davitts  10 4 5 1 114 126 -12 9
Westport  10 3 5 2 115 127 -12 8
Burrishoole  10 3 5 2 99 112 -13 8
Ballinrobe  10 4 6 0 110 133 -23 8
Davitts  10 1 6 3 106 146 -40 5
Belmullet  9 1 7 1 85 136 -51 3

AbbeySider

Weekend Predictions Anyone?

Senior Championship

Ballaghaderreen Vs Ballintubber - Ballintubber by 4. Shock of the championship on the cards, with the fairytale continuing. 

Intermediate Championship

Belmullet    Vs    Aghamore - Aghamore by 2. Great up and coming team. McHale park will suit them.
Kilmaine     Vs    Westport - Westport by 4. A bit strong for Kilmane IMO

Junior Championship

Lahardane   Vs   Ballina Stephenites B - Lahardane by 4. Another club that is turning itself around.

The Neale   Vs   Islandeady -
Heard Mick Moyles is down training Islandeady these days so they are trying hard.
The Neale might shade it though as Varley and Pat Casey are class players for Juniors.

Davitt Man

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 02, 2008, 04:28:24 PM
Weekend Predictions Anyone?

Senior Championship

Ballaghaderreen Vs Ballintubber - Ballintubber by 4. Shock of the championship on the cards, with the fairytale continuing. 

Im going for Ballagh, like the mayo minor team, B\tubber may had their chance the first day, you dont get another chance from good teams, Hanely with 3 weeks training under his belt will start at the weekend.

Ballagh by 3

StoneWall

Mayo Senior Championship
Ballaghadereen  2-16 0-10 Ballintubber Quarter Final replay

Ballaghadereen V Cross in the semi next week. Winners play Charlestown

Mayo Intermediate Championship Semi-Finals
Belmullet  1-8 1-15 Aghamore
Kilmaine  1-10 0-9 Westport

Kilmaine V Aghamore in the final next weekend

Mayo Junior Championship
Lahardane  1-10 0-10 Ballina Stephenites B Quarter Final
The Neale  1-11 2-6 Islandeady Semi-Final

Killala V Lahardane in other junior semi

the Deel Rover

well there you have it playing ballaghdreen in the semi final this week, local papers tipping Ballaghadreen and i suppose according to the reports from last sundays display its fully warranted .Barry Regan and Andy Moran were meant to be exceptional on sunday scored 2-8 between them however cross will be fully awaare of the damage these boys can do as the were brilliant in the drawn final 2 years ago. Any poster up at the match abbeysider ? How did hanley play at cetre half back on dillion? It will be interesting to see does he pick up Mc on Sunday it would be an interesting battle to say the least? Couldn't get to the match myself was litening to reports from mid west and boy oh boy do we miss Mike Finnerty no disrespect to Michael gallagher who i really enjoy as a journalist but he definately wouldn't make it as a commentator 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AbbeySider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on October 07, 2008, 12:26:37 PM
well there you have it playing ballaghdreen in the semi final this week, local papers tipping Ballaghadreen and i suppose according to the reports from last sundays display its fully warranted .Barry Regan and Andy Moran were meant to be exceptional on sunday scored 2-8 between them however cross will be fully awaare of the damage these boys can do as the were brilliant in the drawn final 2 years ago. Any poster up at the match abbeysider ? How did hanley play at cetre half back on dillion? It will be interesting to see does he pick up Mc on Sunday it would be an interesting battle to say the least? Couldn't get to the match myself was litening to reports from mid west and boy oh boy do we miss Mike Finnerty no disrespect to Michael gallagher who i really enjoy as a journalist but he definately wouldn't make it as a commentator 

It was a strange game DeelRover. Im still raw when I think about it. We didnt do ourselves justice at all. Its sickening to exit the championship under a cloud where you know you are capable of much more. 

The opening 15-20 mins were tit-for-tat, not much separating us in a sea-saw type of game.
We actually pulled ahead by 2 points almost 20 minutes in. But then a goal came out of the blue and we were shell shocked.
It was the strangest goal build up as the ball seemed to be coming down the line but hung in the air and went over the top leaving Moran through on goal. Our defender was scrambling back and nearly made it but Moran finished well. We may be guilty of hanging the heads a bit and Ballagh probably sensed it and capitalised  by getting 2-2 in the space of a few minutes. The second goal came from Moran cutting along the endline and passing it to Regan to fisted into the net. It ias a hard pill to swallow taking two big hits in the space of minutes.

We went in at half time 5 points down. I knew that we need the first score of the second half to settle things down and leave us within reach. Before you could blink Ballagh had two very early points and we looked less and less likely to come back. It was a game where nothing went right for us. Balls were being spilled, breaks not being driven in on etc. We were probably bet in mid-field. James Kilcullen was fantastic. He really made the difference to Ballagh. Our own Jason Gibbons went off injured in the 2nd half about 20 mins to go and that was the final nail in the coffin.

Hanley did Ok at CB. He got the first score of the game and I suppose it was a psychological boost for him and Ballagh. As a half forward, when your maker gets the first one sometimes you are more worried about your defence than the job you set out to do. That could be a reason why Dillon was kind of quieter than usual but nothing went right for anyone on the day.

IMO Ballagh could be the team to beat. When they do click they are hard to stop. 

the Deel Rover

thanks for that abbeysider aye its hard to take a loss like that especially when ye were so close the 1st day but all in all it has been a good year for ye ye have shown that ye are well able for the senior championship and with 3 or 4 of the minors coming through the future bodes well for ye. We know what it was like and to tell you the truth we are at the other end of the scale most of our leaders are coming to the end of their careers and we will have some barren years ahead of us but thats what i think will motivate them on sunday they will give it a hell of a lash. i know that the papers said we haven't payed well but we scored 2 17 against davitts last  sunday week and the team are well capable or putting a good performance together. Any one have the current odds for the moclair cup? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

StoneWall

I see Tom Parsons has been picked for the International rules team. This will probable impact on the County final date with Charlestown being involved. The Cross V Ballagh game is next weekend and the final scheduled for the Sunday after October 19th. The first test is October 24th so depending on when the international team leave then it could push back the final date.

I think Ballagh will beat Cross but Charlestown will win the final especially if Ballagh have to play 3 championship games 3 weeks running.

OirthearMhaigheo

That's a very fair assessment Abbeysider. As you say it was a very tight game for most of the first half and then all of a sudden Ballagh, without playing overly well, pulled away. I think the two goals were sickeners for tubber and you got a sense that they knew the chance went the first day, especially with James K lording it at midfield. He is Ballagh's most important player in my opinion, when he's missing the same urgency isn't there, how he isn't playing for Mayo is another mystery but I won't go into that today.

Looking to next weekend I'd be surprised if Ballagh are favourites. Cross have been there and done it all, they have beaten Ballagh when it counts and in truth Ballagh have flattered to deceive the last couple of seasons. I think it is Ballagh that have everything to prove, if they can beat Cross they will have a major monkey of their backs and will have beaten one of the traditional big guns for the first time in the c'ship. Should be a cracking game and if it's anything like 2006 we're in for a treat.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: StoneWall on October 07, 2008, 04:18:17 PM
I see Tom Parsons has been picked for the International rules team. This will probable impact on the County final date with Charlestown being involved. The Cross V Ballagh game is next weekend and the final scheduled for the Sunday after October 19th. The first test is October 24th so depending on when the international team leave then it could push back the final date.

I think Ballagh will beat Cross but Charlestown will win the final especially if Ballagh have to play 3 championship games 3 weeks running.

definately won't push back the fianl date stonewall international rules has no impact the lads on the other thread said the team is flying out on the 18th county final is the 19th so tom must be flying out on a later date. No chance of Hanley heading back during the week  :P
Crossmolina Deel Rovers