Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

County U-21 county quarter final: Ballintubber 0-15 0-14 Knockmore

I came down from Galway to this game in Islandeady and I have to say it was one of the best games I was ever at. Both teams very evenly matched. No team deserved to lose and my heart went out to the Knockmore lads.

The game was 13 points a piece at full time so extra time had to be played. Nearly all the players were out on their feet. Ballintubber managed to scrape a victory in the end. What a thriller.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AbbeySider on August 16, 2007, 09:10:41 AM
County U-21 county quarter final: Ballintubber 0-15 0-14 Knockmore

I came down from Galway to this game in Islandeady and I have to say it was one of the best games I was ever at. Both teams very evenly matched. No team deserved to lose and my heart went out to the Knockmore lads.

The game was 13 points a piece at full time so extra time had to be played. Nearly all the players were out on their feet. Ballintubber managed to scrape a victory in the end. What a thriller.

sounds like a great game abbeysider.Anyone know how crossmolina did last night?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Terry Tate

Quotesounds like a great game abbeysider.Anyone know how crossmolina did last night?

Cross won 1-13 to 1-10. They made hard work of it though. They go on to play Ballintubber i think.

prewtna

was at the cross charlestown game last night in foxford. benson pulled it out of the fire for cross with a goal and a few points late on. i was surprised by charlestown. they made a good start and pulled a corner forward back just in front of their own full back line to snuff out benson and that big lad (i dont know his name). it was workin a treat until he gave the ball away silly and let them in for a couple of points. then benson got the goal and that was that!

charlestown got a cracking goal early on and took the game to cross but they just lacked the killer insticnt towards the end.

a decent game and fair play to both teams.

Davitt Man

Ladbrokes have come up with odds for many of the club championships around the country.

Mayo

Ballaghaderreen 7/4
Crossmolina 7/4
Charlestown 4/1
Ballina Stephenites 5/1
Knockmore 12/1
Kiltane 12/1
Burrishoole 20/1
Garrymore 33/1

Suspend: 25/8/2007 17:00:00

stephenite

Jesus, some good value there with those odds

ludermor

i know Kiltane at 12's!!!!

rosnarun

knockmore at 12's seems like a right good bet seen as thwey are now allowed to appoint their own refs or at least have final say which suits their ahem 'Style ' of play.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo4Sam

Starnge odds, how can cross be 7-4 and charlestown 4-1 when they're playing each other next?

And ros i'll take some of the bait u wind up merchant
Some lad from knockmore makes a comment to a ref before a match, out of order fair enough
The ref not to ref the game, the calls for us to banned from playing at home etc ridiculous, catch a grip
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AbbeySider

If anyone gets the county board results and fixtures in an email post them up if ya can.

Farrandeelin

Some things never change! A Crossmolina man wants us thrown out of all competitions, while a Ballina man wants us disbanded! Sure ya know well stephenite it's hard to kill a bad thing! ;) ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

well lads any predections for the weekend matches i'll go for Cross,Garrymore,Knockmore and Ballaghadreen i'm going for Garrymore because i heard that ballina have a lot of injuries this could be a smokescreen of course
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

Knockmore/Ballagh/Cross/Ballina accumulator 3.25/1 on ladbrokes

Marooned

I think Ballina will have most of their big names back from what I hear.........Caffrey, Melia out I think with L Brady on the way back......think the rest of it is a smoke screen alright.......

Farrandeelin

Anyone have odds on all 4 North Mayo clubs making it to the semis? It's not likely to happen though but it'd be worth a small amount surely.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.