The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:09:50 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 07:13:21 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 04:20:36 PM
Are they "Monarchists" then?
So you think the ideology of Irish Republicanism is about opposition to monarchy and that itself? Nothing else? ::)

What is it coz you seem to be some sort of resident expert.

I thought the following would go without saying but apparently not, so here goes:

You don't have to be an expert on Irish Republicanism to know it is about more than being opposed to a monarchy.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 09:07:55 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:09:50 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 07:13:21 PM
So you think the ideology of Irish Republicanism is about opposition to monarchy and that itself? Nothing else? ::)

What is it coz you seem to be some sort of resident expert.

I thought the following would go without saying but apparently not, so here goes:

You don't have to be an expert on Irish Republicanism to know it is about more than being opposed to a monarchy.

You said that already , but I'm still awaiting a definition

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:08:35 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:03:41 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:01:57 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:01:10 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 08:52:14 PM
Which part of Sinn Féin means "alone"?

The Alone bit lol
Is that Sinn or Féin?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinn_F%C3%A9in_(slogan)

In Ulster we would day muidne amháin

But we can't be held responsible for shite southern Irish
So, that would be none of it then?

If you add amháin on the end the "alone" comes into play.

It's sinn fein claiming it not me. I know it's shite , you know it's shite , but they seem to accept it. But then again Gaeilge was never their strong point

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:42:39 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 06:42:57 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 06:23:46 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 06:20:29 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 05:48:36 PM
Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 05:11:28 PM

They are "initforourselvesists"
A bit like yourself that votes for a td based on a small local issue like cutting turf. Poverty, homelessness, employment, infrastructure,  health care - who gives a shit as long as u can cut my bloody turf. That's the baseline by which Rossfan judges politicians.

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

A sad effort to spin the party name which you know full well what it means. Sad little man.

If course I know . I'm an actual real life Gaeilgeoir lol. My Fridays going well.

More flip flopping than a pancake 41 days before Easter

I'm aware you can translate, do you know the meaning behind it or are you just intentionally misrepresenting it like a good little tory.

I really haven't a clue what thars supposed to mean..I can only assume go bhfuil tú taobh thiar den liathróid dubh

I dont suppose you do alright, don't teach you your own history up there do they. But you could always look it up yourself.

Grasping

Aye. Well here is what happened. I alluded to the fact the FF have been about rewarding themselves since time memorial. In response you implied so were SF and used the translation of the party name as your evidence. Us Alone or ourselves alone.

Of course this is bullshit and something not even a FF or FG supporter would claim as they all claim decendency from the old SF.

The name as anyone with half a brain knows came from irish men seeking to rule their own country by ourselves alone, not by British ownership or by a home rule deal. That SF won a crushing victory in our election to the first Dail.

To imply the name meant some form of "we are in it for ourselves" is the stuff of a judas.

Interestingly it was, prior to Arthur griffith using it for his new party, a motto or rally call of the Gaelic League. A group with the goal of preserving the Irish language Mr Gaeilgeoir.

Could you translate Aontu for me, I heard it translate as pointless one topic party?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I have to say I'm loving this. I must be hitting nerves all over the show or tye gimp brigade wouldn't be biting . And I haven't even started drinking yet.

Btw I defs have half a brain , it's all you need on here most of the time.

Tiocfaidh ár lá - brutal Irish btw

Tiocfaidh lá s'againne ye free state lackeys!

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:23:02 PM
I have to say I'm loving this. I must be hitting nerves all over the show or tye gimp brigade wouldn't be biting . And I haven't even started drinking yet.

So your not debating you are just trying to wind people up by posting nonsense and you are actually really clever because of that. Sure fire away, that carry on says more about you than anyone else.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:29:18 PM

That's interesting. Talk me through that.
We do use "ár" in Ulster Irish. And "Sinn" dála an scéil.

Really ? You would say tiocfaidh ár bus

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:42:24 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:41:01 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:29:18 PM

That's interesting. Talk me through that.
We do use "ár" in Ulster Irish. And "Sinn" dála an scéil.

Really ? You would say tiocfaidh ár bus
No....I'd say ár mbus obviously.....

Yeah of course . But you wouldn't really . It's bad Irish and you know it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:45:08 PM
It really isn't.

Go hionraice níor chuala mé duine ar bith i gcúige uladh ar scor ar bith á úsáid sa dóigh sin . Tá sé iontach ciotach, sin mo thuairimse féin ach is fearr Gaeilge ar bith na Béarla lá ar bith

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 09:31:00 PM

So your not debating you are just trying to wind people up by posting nonsense and you are actually really clever because of that. Sure fire away, that carry on says more about you than anyone else.

Done with you ..I'm using my half a brain to talk to this other chap.. your too easy

Snapchap

Don't let FBnaS distract you all from the fact that the SDLP have decided to commemorate partition.

Stoops gunna stoop.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 09:54:57 PM
Don't let FBnaS distract you all from the fact that the SDLP have decided to commemorate partition.

Stoops gunna stoop.

Where was that rare boy Kearney today ..wan weirdo

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:57:08 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:48:42 PM
It really isn't.

Go hionraice níor chuala mé duine ar bith i gcúige uladh ar scor ar bith á úsáid sa dóigh sin . Tá sé iontach ciotach, sin mo thuairimse féin ach is fearr Gaeilge ar bith na Béarla lá ar bith
Níor chuala mise duine ar bith i gCúige Uladh ag rá "Athair s'againne atá ar neamh...." ar eagla go raibh droch-Ghaeilge in úsáid acu.

Ach is paidir í sin , ní caint na ndaoine

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 10:01:43 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on October 08, 2021, 09:57:08 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 09:48:42 PM
It really isn't.

Níor chuala mise duine ar bith i gCúige Uladh ag rá "Athair s'againne atá ar neamh...." ar eagla go raibh droch-Ghaeilge in úsáid acu.

Ach is paidir í sin , ní caint na ndaoine
Is ionann an dá rud. Ní bheadh sé sa phaidir acu dá mbeadh sé mínadúrtha acu.

Rud caighdeánach is dócha chun na trí chanúint a tharraingt le chéile

Snapchap

Below is the full quote from Claire Hanna on Talkback today re. whether or not it was a political event.

Now before reading it, bear in mind that the entire basis of her defence for going to the commemoration, throughout the interview, was that the event was NOT political (even though she praised Higgins for not attending as he felt the event was political).

"I spoke at the start about how there is an enormous amount of politics around this event, there's no about that. I don't believe it's a political event. I mean, everything is political. And yes there is politics around this."

So to sum up the SDLP position:
- Michael D was right to not go because he said it was a political event and we agree fully with him. That said, its OK for the SDLP to go because we actually don't believe it's a political event, even though we believe it is an event that has "an enormous amount of politics around it".

Clear as mud.