The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 03:27:54 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:13:36 PM
I remember Micheal Martin being interviewed by Tommy Gorman and was pressed for about 5-6 minutes on whether or not he actually supported a united Ireland and he wouldn't give an answer. Yeah, big republicans.

Very conclusive there. Massive in terms of evidence. You won the debate

Well you certainly didnt win any debate if you think arguing that FF are republican in anything other than name.

Rossfan

Are they "Monarchists" then?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: Rossfan on October 08, 2021, 04:20:36 PM

They are "initforourselvesists"
A bit like yourself that votes for a td based on a small local issue like cutting turf. Poverty, homelessness, employment, infrastructure,  health care - who gives a shit as long as u can cut my bloody turf. That's the baseline by which Rossfan judges politicians.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 03:53:15 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:39:09 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 03:27:54 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 03:13:36 PM
I remember Micheal Martin being interviewed by Tommy Gorman and was pressed for about 5-6 minutes on whether or not he actually supported a united Ireland and he wouldn't give an answer. Yeah, big republicans.

Very conclusive there. Massive in terms of evidence. You won the debate

Well you certainly haven't won it LOL! If you want to argue that FF are republican, you'll need to provide a bit of a stronger argument than "well their slogan says they are" lol!!

Admittedly they are much more than that in their eyes, a broader thinking European party rather than the anti-EU SF version(despite the recent laughable u-turn on europe). Republican is after all a narrow, insular ethos

I didn't ask for a critical analysis of Irish Republicanism as an ideology. I'm asking where the evidence is that they are Irish Republican in ethos - especially when they steadfastly refuse to organise on an All-Ireland basis (and their leader in fact has numerous times attacked SF politicians for "coming down here")

Sure they have a sister partyup North do they not. Lol .this is fun

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 05:11:28 PM

A bit like yourself that votes for a td based on a small local issue like cutting turf. Poverty, homelessness, employment, infrastructure,  health care - who gives a shit as long as u can cut my bloody turf. That's the baseline by which Rossfan judges politicians.

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 05:48:36 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

A sad effort to spin the party name which you know full well what it means. Sad little man.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 06:20:29 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

A sad effort to spin the party name which you know full well what it means. Sad little man.

If course I know . I'm an actual real life Gaeilgeoir lol. My Fridays going well.

More flip flopping than a pancake 41 days before Easter

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 06:23:46 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

If course I know . I'm an actual real life Gaeilgeoir lol. My Fridays going well.

I'm aware you can translate, do you know the meaning behind it or are you just intentionally misrepresenting it like a good little tory.

Snapchap

So you think the ideology of Irish Republicanism is about opposition to monarchy and that itself? Nothing else? ::)

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 06:42:57 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

I'm aware you can translate, do you know the meaning behind it or are you just intentionally misrepresenting it like a good little tory.

I really haven't a clue what thars supposed to mean..I can only assume go bhfuil tú taobh thiar den liathróid dubh

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on October 08, 2021, 07:13:21 PM
So you think the ideology of Irish Republicanism is about opposition to monarchy and that itself? Nothing else? ::)

What is it coz you seem to be some sort of resident expert.

Itchy

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:08:19 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

I really haven't a clue what thars supposed to mean..I can only assume go bhfuil tú taobh thiar den liathróid dubh

I dont suppose you do alright, don't teach you your own history up there do they. But you could always look it up yourself.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Itchy on October 08, 2021, 08:28:51 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 08, 2021, 08:08:19 PM

Lol.

Sinn Féin

Us Alone

I dont suppose you do alright, don't teach you your own history up there do they. But you could always look it up yourself.

Grasping

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe