The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 02:00:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 29, 2021, 01:50:32 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 12:58:13 PM
2018 pre pandemic article below
Not getting the vaccine if you are healthy is not the main problem, a crumbling health service overseen by DUP/SF is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hospital-beds-shortage-causing-unprecedented-risks-to-patients-in-northern-ireland-37325722.html
Unvaccinated people taking up limited ICU beds is exacerbating the problem and putting unnecessary pressure on frontline health staff, if you don't believe me there are plenty of interviews with nursing and medical staff doing the rounds.

I believe you, its well documented, but we have to start living with it, giving people free choice and having the structure within our health service to cope with it.
The cost of the mass vaccination by far and I mean by far overweighs the cost of investing in our health system . Thats my point.
Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't have been a mass vaccination process? That more money in healthcare would have solved the problem?
Maybe I'm reading that wrong.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Last Man

Speaking as a vaccinated person in my 50s, any government that believes it can coerce citizens to receive a pharmaceutical product by denying rights is morally bankrupt. If they manage to push this through we really have rolled over as a society. In the midst of all this self induced anxiety we have to get back to the absolute truth that the NHS is a shit show and the politicians are happy to let us cut each others throats with this "moral dilemma" rather than be accountable for their stewardship of our not fit for purpose health system. If you are prepared to hand over agency for your personal health you can only look forward to a long, well medicated decrepit life.

Applesisapples

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 02:27:34 PM
Not getting the vaccine if you are healthy is not the main problem, a crumbling health service overseen by DUP/SF is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hospital-beds-shortage-causing-unprecedented-risks-to-patients-in-northern-ireland-37325722.html
Unvaccinated people taking up limited ICU beds is exacerbating the problem and putting unnecessary pressure on frontline health staff, if you don't believe me there are plenty of interviews with nursing and medical staff doing the rounds.

I believe you, its well documented, but we have to start living with it, giving people free choice and having the structure within our health service to cope with it.
The cost of the mass vaccination by far and I mean by far overweighs the cost of investing in our health system . Thats my point.
Are you seriously suggesting there shouldn't have been a mass vaccination process? That more money in healthcare would have solved the problem?
Vaccination is keeping people alive, non vaccination is putting stress on the health service now. Change and investment will take time and money.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on September 29, 2021, 02:11:19 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 02:02:23 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 29, 2021, 01:49:59 PM

SF oversee the health service? Here was me thinking it was a UUP minster, and that SF have only held the health ministry for a grand total of ten months in the last 19 years.

A poor effort, Fear, even my your standards. 0/10.

Gone study how Stormont works when you get a wee minute

lol... Robin Swann, SF.

Since 1999
This position has been suspended for 7.5 years because they couldn't work together

SF held position for 4 years
DUP for 5 years
UUP 4 years

DUP/SF have shared OFDFM for 9.5 years
7.5 years were they couldnt look at each other
3.5 years UUP/SDLP

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2021, 02:40:53 PM
Speaking as a vaccinated person in my 50s, any government that believes it can coerce citizens to receive a pharmaceutical product by denying rights is morally bankrupt. If they manage to push this through we really have rolled over as a society. In the midst of all this self induced anxiety we have to get back to the absolute truth that the NHS is a shit show and the politicians are happy to let us cut each others throats with this "moral dilemma" rather than be accountable for their stewardship of our not fit for purpose health system. If you are prepared to hand over agency for your personal health you can only look forward to a long, well medicated decrepit life.

The NHS being a shit show is an irrelevance to this discussion. I don't think you would get anyone to disagree with that. However it is what it is. So we could just cut of our nose to spite our face and complain about how bad it is and do nothing to help it. Or we can accept that it is a shitshow, but still take whatever actions we can to help it. And the reality is, anyone rowing against the vaccination process is doing so against worldwide medical recommendations. And these people are putting an added strain on the NHS for no good reason. Should people be forced to take the vaccine, no. Should they be impacted because of that decision, yes. Because that decision has an impact on the rest of us as it continues to impact an already overburdened NHS.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 02:27:34 PM

No I am saying we should encourage it and target the vulnerable whilst  upgrade our services to cope with what should be relatively small numbers, forcing everyone to get it will come under focus soon I think(financially). There will be a strategic change on that soon I think.

Last Man

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 02:50:34 PM

The NHS being a shit show is an irrelevance to this discussion. I don't think you would get anyone to disagree with that. However it is what it is. So we could just cut of our nose to spite our face and complain about how bad it is and do nothing to help it. Or we can accept that it is a shitshow, but still take whatever actions we can to help it. And the reality is, anyone rowing against the vaccination process is doing so against worldwide medical recommendations. And these people are putting an added strain on the NHS for no good reason. Should people be forced to take the vaccine, no. Should they be impacted because of that decision, yes. Because that decision has an impact on the rest of us as it continues to impact an already overburdened NHS.
Yes overburdened with largely aged, chronically ill, obese etc patients, it's been this way for years but stick a "with COVID label on and lines become blurred. See it for what it is. This pharmaceutical intervention is a sideshow and nothing to get worked up about.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2021, 03:11:44 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 02:50:34 PM

Yes overburdened with largely aged, chronically ill, obese etc patients, it's been this way for years but stick a "with COVID label on and lines become blurred. See it for what it is. This pharmaceutical intervention is a sideshow and nothing to get worked up about.
I think if there was a vaccine people could take for obesity, old age, chronic illness then all those people would jump at the opportunity to try and firstly help themselves and secondly help the NHS. The issue is that people have that easy option for COVID, and are choosing to go against worldwide medical opinion based on very little.
Calling the vaccine and by extension the pandemic itself a sideshow is pretty pathetic.

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 02:48:21 PM

SF oversee the health service? Here was me thinking it was a UUP minster, and that SF have only held the health ministry for a grand total of ten months in the last 19 years.

lol... Robin Swann, SF.

Since 1999
This position has been suspended for 7.5 years because they couldn't work together

DUP for 5 years
UUP 4 years

3.5 years UUP/SDLP

Nothing like skewing facts to suit a narrative. Claiming SF run the health service is patently a big mound of steaming bullsh!t, when SF have only held the health ministry for ten months in the past 19 years.

You're so desperate to turn any and every thread into a SF bashing exercise, and in your efforts, that this is precisely the sort of utter tripe you try to get away with.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on September 29, 2021, 03:37:05 PM

lol... Robin Swann, SF.

Since 1999

DUP for 5 years
UUP 4 years

3.5 years UUP/SDLP

Nothing like skewing facts to suit a narrative. Claiming SF run the health service is patently a big mound of steaming bullsh!t, when SF have only held the health ministry for ten months in the past 19 years.

You're so desperate to turn any and every thread into a SF bashing exercise, and in your efforts, that this is precisely the sort of utter tripe you try to get away with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Health_(Northern_Ireland)

I havent mentioned SF once on here until now, dry yer fecking eyes ye big wain

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 04:11:58 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on September 29, 2021, 03:37:05 PM

lol... Robin Swann, SF.

Since 1999

DUP for 5 years
UUP 4 years

3.5 years UUP/SDLP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_Health_(Northern_Ireland)

I havent mentioned SF once on here until now, dry yer fecking eyes ye big wain

lol you didn't mention SF?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Until now I said, shit chat

trueblue1234

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

trueblue1234

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 06:00:59 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2021, 04:56:50 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 04:38:39 PM
Until now I said, shit chat

"I didn't do it, until I did. "

Lol

Don't be silly. Read back for context
Sometimes it's ok to just say you made a mistake.