The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Snapchap on September 28, 2021, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on September 28, 2021, 04:51:15 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on September 28, 2021, 04:05:15 PM
I am thanks, and as long as you keep a metre from me I will be ok as well. I don't see us being in a bar or cinema etc as I avoid those places out of respect for the likes of you and others who are more respectful. However I like you am pissed off at people not applying social distancing in a safe manner.
I agree with you on all your points,but  there's no point discussing some things with some people

Ironically, that's probably how the world's scientific and medical community regards anti-vax conspiracy theorists. So I suppose it all boils down to which of those two groups would be the most reputable and qualified one to talk about science and medicine.

You can't argue with stupid unfortunately

Snapchap

Quote from: Thastheball on September 28, 2021, 07:06:07 PM
I am thanks, and as long as you keep a metre from me I will be ok as well. I don't see us being in a bar or cinema etc as I avoid those places out of respect for the likes of you and others who are more respectful. However I like you am pissed off at people not applying social distancing in a safe manner.
I agree with you on all your points,but  there's no point discussing some things with some people

Ironically, that's probably how the world's scientific and medical community regards anti-vax conspiracy theorists. So I suppose it all boils down to which of those two groups would be the most reputable and qualified one to talk about science and medicine.

Whose anti vax. Not me. I have all vaccinations available except this one.  I'm anti putting a vaccine into my body not knowing the long term risks. We're both the same, we agree on vaccines, except I want definite proof that only time and research can provide that there are no long term risks. You on the other hand are happy to take that risk and thats your personal choice. You are now sounding on the polar opposite side of anti vaxers. An extreme vaxer!
An extreme vaxer? No, just someone modest enough to know that I don't know better than people who have made science & medicine their life work - especially when I can see that the vast majority agree on the safety of the vaccine. I'm also someone who believes its important to do everything I can to make sure I won't be part of the reason why cancer sufferers or people waiting for critical surgery, are often having to face totally avoidable delays in getting treatment.

You're keen to distinguish yourself from an anti-vaxer because you've had other jabs but you are doing the same thing as antivaxers: spreading dangerous mistruths based on either a belief in misinformation spread by idiots or on blissful ignorance. Sorry to labour the point here and all, but the world's scientists, doctors, microbiologists almost unanimously agree that there are no long term side effects to the covid jabs. They've spelled out that such side effects - from vaccines of any kind - tend to show themselves within a matter of weeks. If you are going to persist in trying to refute this, then at least come out and admit that it's because you think you know better than the combined knowledge of the global scientific community.

Itchy

Quote from: Thastheball on September 28, 2021, 02:09:01 PM
I don't drink nor smoke either. I am also conscious that I or others could transmit it to anyone so I am a cautious as I should protect myself and others.  Not all people take that approach and living in the country side gives me lots of protections. The fact that you are all taking it without consideration of factual data on long term outcomes for me is baffling. However maybe in 4/5 years time or 10 yrs time research will say we should have been more measured in the trial period, and maybe it won't, but none of you know and thats a cert. In a few yrs time hopefully I can take it for definite knowing its 100% safe. In the meantime I continue to be safe for myself and others.

Armaghniac, I can live in society and stay a metre away from people in an open space very comfortably. Don't plan in being in a confined space with anyone outside my circle for more than 10 minutes and confined for me a large room. One of my favourite hobbies of going to the cinema is now a no no for the reasons outlined earlier. Going to matches is easy as its outdoors and transmission outdoors is negligible.

Itchy, show me the long term evidence its safe, go on, pull it out of a magic hat. But it will in 3/4/5/6 years

You've no idea the levels of clinical trials done to get something like a vaccine on the market. But check in with Karen on Facebook, she knows more than the scientists and medical professionals from Googling Wikipedia on her lunch break. Vaccine begins to wear off with time so it's utterly ridiculous to suggest it's effects somehow get worse with time.

trueblue1234

Whose anti vax. Not me. I have all vaccinations available except this one.  I'm anti putting a vaccine into my body not knowing the long term risks. We're both the same, we agree on vaccines, except I want definite proof that only time and research can provide that there are no long term risks. You on the other hand are happy to take that risk and thats your personal choice. You are now sounding on the polar opposite side of anti vaxers. An extreme vaxer!
So you deem your own personal opinion better than the worldwide health organisations. That's either an extreme level of ego or extreme levels of stupidity.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hound

And long term risks from vaccines being infinitesimally small is irrelevant I suppose!

Hound

Have you figured out the difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated yet, or do you still think it's the same?

Applesisapples

This vaccine is as safe as any other or any medication. Every medicine or vaccine carries risk. What you have to weigh up is the risk of not being vaccinated against vaccination. And in the view of every medical authority of note in most cases the risk of not being vaccinated far outweighs the small risk of vaccination. One year almost since the first dose there is a world of evidence supporting the efficacy of these vaccines. Our hospitals are full of the unvaccinated so unless you have an expert medical opinion suggesting you are at a greater risk from vaccination not to take one is selfish and shows a total disregard for society and our health workers. Dress it up any way you like it remains a purely selfish act.
The way out of this mess is through vaccination.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

2018 pre pandemic article below
Not getting the vaccine if you are healthy is not the main problem, a crumbling health service overseen by DUP/SF is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hospital-beds-shortage-causing-unprecedented-risks-to-patients-in-northern-ireland-37325722.html

Dire Ear

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 12:58:13 PM
Not getting the vaccine if you are healthy is not the main problem, a crumbling health service overseen by DUP/SF is.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/hospital-beds-shortage-causing-unprecedented-risks-to-patients-in-northern-ireland-37325722.html
There ye go..........

Snapchap

SF oversee the health service? Here was me thinking it was a UUP minster, and that SF have only held the health ministry for a grand total of ten months in the last 19 years.

A poor effort, Fear, even my your standards. 0/10.

Applesisapples

Unvaccinated people taking up limited ICU beds is exacerbating the problem and putting unnecessary pressure on frontline health staff, if you don't believe me there are plenty of interviews with nursing and medical staff doing the rounds.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Snapchap on September 29, 2021, 01:49:59 PM

SF oversee the health service? Here was me thinking it was a UUP minster, and that SF have only held the health ministry for a grand total of ten months in the last 19 years.

As with many major policy decisions in NI all parties would need to buy into reform, but it can be a vote loser for all in Newry, Downpatrick, Antrim and Omagh to even suggest the moving of services to centres of excellence. Politicians of all hue need to start selling the changes required rather than jump on the bandwagon for votes.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 29, 2021, 01:50:32 PM

Unvaccinated people taking up limited ICU beds is exacerbating the problem and putting unnecessary pressure on frontline health staff, if you don't believe me there are plenty of interviews with nursing and medical staff doing the rounds.

I believe you, its well documented, but we have to start living with it, giving people free choice and having the structure within our health service to cope with it.
The cost of the mass vaccination by far and I mean by far overweighs the cost of investing in our health system . Thats my point.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Gone study how Stormont works when you get a wee minute

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 29, 2021, 02:02:23 PM

Gone study how Stormont works when you get a wee minute

lol... Robin Swann, SF.