The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2021, 05:36:30 PM
Unless you haven't noticed SF are in bed with the unionists for a good few years now, policing board and all.

Still can't come up with anything Colum has achieved yet so?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 05:40:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2021, 05:36:30 PM
Unless you haven't noticed SF are in bed with the unionists for a good few years now, policing board and all.

Still can't come up with anything Colum has achieved yet so?

I've already told you I'm not interested in Eastwood or the SDLP, but when you come up with crap like SDLP getting into bed with the DUP then you're leaving yourself wide open.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 05:33:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2021, 03:58:22 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 03:53:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2021, 03:15:13 PM
Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 02:14:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2021, 01:55:13 PM
A self absorbed arsehole and utterly incompetent

Are you speaking about yourself or political bashing?

I'm speaking about Colum Eastwood and the SDLP.

Have you anything to counter the above or are you just going to make another thread all about you and your unfunny smart ass comments?

I'm just pointing out that you continually politically bash while giving off about Eastwood having a go at other political parties!

You don't see that as being stupid?

I would see it as legitimate criticism and as you can't provide anything to the contrary, it's a bizarre position for you to take. Eastwood and the SDLP have a lot to answer for with their stunts in the past week.

Eastwood would say his is a legitimate criticism. But you say is bashing, just exactly what you are doing. If you don't see that then you are blind.

I'm not here to provide anything contrary as I'm only pointing out your hypocrisy

It clear as day that Eastwood was engaging in petty political mudslinging that has fanned the flames on an already tense situation.

We had a similar incident a number of weeks back with the Sean Graham commemoration. It could have very easily turned nasty but you really have to credit the SF leadership on managing the situation with the local community and PSNI when it could have quickly turned very nasty.

Last week the Eastwood and the SDLP made a holy show of themselves by jumping into bed with unionist headbangers, their faux outrage and hypocrisy. For what end? Some political mud slinging. You look at the end result of what we had over the weekend, rioting and enflamed tensions.

The brass neck of Eastwood to then come out and question unionist leaders when he was party to stoking the tension the past week.

There's been plenty of chances for people to put forward a case for Eastwood, there is none. He's an abysmal politician who hasn't done a single thing of note for his people or community, he would eat himself if he was chocolate. I couldn't think of a greater bedfellow for him than that cretin Micheal Martin.

If someone can come with anything positive Eastwood has done in his political career I am all ears.

It's a bit of a jump to blame Eastwood on the Loyalist rioting. You could see that the unionist politicians had been stoking this up for several weeks now, it was becoming inevitable at some point. If he then hadn't criticised the Unionist politicians for not condemning the riots you'd criticise that as well.

It's clear to see that you already have an inbuilt personal prejudice against him and nothing that he does will change your mind.

red hander

Quote from: sid waddell on April 05, 2021, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: red hander on April 05, 2021, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 05, 2021, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 05, 2021, 03:10:31 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 05, 2021, 10:06:04 AM
The bottom line is that SDLP and SF voters need to get serious about optimising their influence to consign DUP to history. SDLP/SF still have a sectarian voting base much like unionism. Ie very few from a Protestant tradition vote for them because they don't feel represented by them. This is because an All island solution has not been sold to "Protestants " as a reasonable alternative. Now for the first time, post Brexit, I think there could be an appetite among some Protestants to contemplate an All Island solution, but it's not being presented .
Ironically the SDLP, for whom I have a lot of respect , most of the time, have become a barrier to progress. If the greener SDLP voters moved to SF  and the softer SDLP voters aligned with Alliance , either SF or Alliance could finally knock DUP off their perch , putting aggressive unionism on the back foot for the first time.
People here on the "N/R" side and in the middle , need to get serious about consigning DUP to history . Much as I respect the SDLP, I can't see them becoming large enough to replace DUP as largest party.
It is not "sectarian" to vote for SF and not for the DUP, because SF represent you, and the DUP don't.
SF contest Westminster elections on a platform that they will refuse to represent anybody

SF provide taxation alright but they don't provide representation

Yeah, and it obviously galls you that people vote for them. The SDLP have proved time and time again how influential they are in London. How did the wee Croppie Boy's promise to stop Brexit work out? He's now just marking time till his British masters put an ermine cloak on him, just like Fitt and that balloon Richie.
SF provide no representation in Westminster

That's a fact

You didn't like this fact so you decided to rant

Typical SFer

On the contrary, I love this fact as I support abstentionism 100%. I'd have thought that was obvious you complete idiot. I've noticed that anybody who disagrees with you is accused of going on a rant. Such insecurity. You really are a pathetic arsehole.  ::)

Angelo

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 05:50:25 PM

Have you anything to counter the above or are you just going to make another thread all about you and your unfunny smart ass comments?

I'm just pointing out that you continually politically bash while giving off about Eastwood having a go at other political parties!

I would see it as legitimate criticism and as you can't provide anything to the contrary, it's a bizarre position for you to take. Eastwood and the SDLP have a lot to answer for with their stunts in the past week.

Eastwood would say his is a legitimate criticism. But you say is bashing, just exactly what you are doing. If you don't see that then you are blind.

I'm not here to provide anything contrary as I'm only pointing out your hypocrisy

It clear as day that Eastwood was engaging in petty political mudslinging that has fanned the flames on an already tense situation.

We had a similar incident a number of weeks back with the Sean Graham commemoration. It could have very easily turned nasty but you really have to credit the SF leadership on managing the situation with the local community and PSNI when it could have quickly turned very nasty.

Last week the Eastwood and the SDLP made a holy show of themselves by jumping into bed with unionist headbangers, their faux outrage and hypocrisy. For what end? Some political mud slinging. You look at the end result of what we had over the weekend, rioting and enflamed tensions.

The brass neck of Eastwood to then come out and question unionist leaders when he was party to stoking the tension the past week.

There's been plenty of chances for people to put forward a case for Eastwood, there is none. He's an abysmal politician who hasn't done a single thing of note for his people or community, he would eat himself if he was chocolate. I couldn't think of a greater bedfellow for him than that cretin Micheal Martin.

If someone can come with anything positive Eastwood has done in his political career I am all ears.

It's a bit of a jump to blame Eastwood on the Loyalist rioting. You could see that the unionist politicians had been stoking this up for several weeks now, it was becoming inevitable at some point. If he then hadn't criticised the Unionist politicians for not condemning the riots you'd criticise that as well.

It's clear to see that you already have an inbuilt personal prejudice against him and nothing that he does will change your mind.

Eastwood jumped in to bed the the unionists to fan the flames last week. For what end? A brazen, hypocritical bit of political point scoring from him.

I don't have anything inbuilt of him. I'm quite clearly objective on this, the guy is a grade A balloon. You're the one who said he was a decent politician and reckoned he had done a good job of leading the SDLP and you don't even seem to know why. You've been asked numerous times but were unable to substantiate and now you're claiming it's me who has something inbuilt when I'm the only one looking at the facts. What has Colum Eastwood achieved?

Milltown Row2

2 MP's and a rise in their votes?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 06:00:54 PM

Eastwood jumped in to bed the the unionists to fan the flames last week. For what end? A brazen, hypocritical bit of political point scoring from him.

I don't have anything inbuilt of him. I'm quite clearly objective on this, the guy is a grade A balloon. You're the one who said he was a decent politician and reckoned he had done a good job of leading the SDLP and you don't even seem to know why. You've been asked numerous times but were unable to substantiate and now you're claiming it's me who has something inbuilt when I'm the only one looking at the facts. What has Colum Eastwood achieved?

I've already stated what I thought if you'll read back my posts so I'm not going any further down this rabbit hole.

I also said he made a mistake by leaping on the never ending Storey story last week which unionists were clearly using as a political football.

Rather than make it all about Eastwood, of the 5 main political parties in the north are you prepared to state which has the strongest leader then?

Angelo

Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 06:12:32 PM

I've already stated what I thought if you'll read back my posts so I'm not going any further down this rabbit hole.

I also said he made a mistake by leaping on the never ending Storey story last week which unionists were clearly using as a political football.

Rather than make it all about Eastwood, of the 5 main political parties in the north are you prepared to state which has the strongest leader then?

You stated what you thought but you could not substantiate it.

I'd say Long is prob the best of a bad lot at the minute. I think Eastwood is by far the worst.

whitegoodman

Did you hear the UUP leader on Nolan the other day ?  By some distance the worst leader in north by some distance which is saying something.

Armagh18

Quote from: sid waddell on April 05, 2021, 05:27:34 PM
Quote from: red hander on April 05, 2021, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on April 05, 2021, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 05, 2021, 03:10:31 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on April 05, 2021, 10:06:04 AM
The bottom line is that SDLP and SF voters need to get serious about optimising their influence to consign DUP to history. SDLP/SF still have a sectarian voting base much like unionism. Ie very few from a Protestant tradition vote for them because they don't feel represented by them. This is because an All island solution has not been sold to "Protestants " as a reasonable alternative. Now for the first time, post Brexit, I think there could be an appetite among some Protestants to contemplate an All Island solution, but it's not being presented .
Ironically the SDLP, for whom I have a lot of respect , most of the time, have become a barrier to progress. If the greener SDLP voters moved to SF  and the softer SDLP voters aligned with Alliance , either SF or Alliance could finally knock DUP off their perch , putting aggressive unionism on the back foot for the first time.
People here on the "N/R" side and in the middle , need to get serious about consigning DUP to history . Much as I respect the SDLP, I can't see them becoming large enough to replace DUP as largest party.
It is not "sectarian" to vote for SF and not for the DUP, because SF represent you, and the DUP don't.
SF contest Westminster elections on a platform that they will refuse to represent anybody

SF provide taxation alright but they don't provide representation

Yeah, and it obviously galls you that people vote for them. The SDLP have proved time and time again how influential they are in London. How did the wee Croppie Boy's promise to stop Brexit work out? He's now just marking time till his British masters put an ermine cloak on him, just like Fitt and that balloon Richie.
SF provide no representation in Westminster

That's a fact

You didn't like this fact so you decided to rant

Typical SFer
Which is what the people who vote for them want!! What is your point?

yellowcard

Quote from: Angelo on April 05, 2021, 06:15:18 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 05, 2021, 06:12:32 PM

You stated what you thought but you could not substantiate it.

I'd say Long is prob the best of a bad lot at the minute. I think Eastwood is by far the worst.

I can agree with you on one thing at least.

I would see a strong correlation between the UUP and the SDLP in terms of how both parties appeared to be in terminable decline. Eastwood would appear to have arrested the slide whereas I don't think the same could be said for Aiken who is a very poor media operator.

So whilst you might think Eastwood is far worse than Aiken I don't think that would be the common consensus. Aikens leadership is already under scrutiny but the same cant be said for Eastwood.

Snapchap

Quote from: seafoid on April 05, 2021, 04:49:12 PM
Plus abstention is well past its sell by date.

Would you like to see FF & FG organise in the north? Would you like to see them sitting in westminster?

You see, you might yearn for Irish people getting their bums of the green benches, but personally I would argue that the very notion of Irish MPs sitting in westminster is what's long past it's sell by date. SF stand in elections promising to abstain and people overwhelmingly back them on that basis.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Snapchap on April 05, 2021, 08:17:30 PM

Would you like to see FF & FG organise in the north? Would you like to see them sitting in westminster?

You see, you might yearn for Irish people getting their bums of the green benches, but personally I would argue that the very notion of Irish MPs sitting in westminster is what's long past it's sell by date. SF stand in elections promising to abstain and people overwhelmingly back them on that basis.

Take down Parnell's statue then. Re-name O'Connell St back to Sackville St. They took their seats, didn't they?

Armagh18

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 05, 2021, 08:19:27 PM

Take down Parnell's statue then. Re-name O'Connell St back to Sackville St. They took their seats, didn't they?
Different times....

Snapchap

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 05, 2021, 08:19:27 PM

And Markievicz did not - but none of that is really relevant, is it? We're talking about what is, or is not, past it's sell by date in the here and now.