Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

18,1... at Clare/Tipp
10,784 Waterford/Limerick.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ball Hopper

Football semi-finals in Munster had 3128 at Cork/Limerick and 5037 at Clare/Kerry.

Rossfan

Munster Final in Killarney this year?

MayoBuck

Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 02, 2019, 08:18:49 PM
Football semi-finals in Munster had 3128 at Cork/Limerick and 5037 at Clare/Kerry.

Having both clashing with the champions league final wasn't the wisest decision.

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2019, 08:23:55 PM
Munster Final in Killarney this year?

Surely it's PUC , wasn't the deal made they play it there for any years owed . I'm sure there must be one more owed at least
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Ball Hopper

Munster Final in Cork on Saturday 22 June.

Rossfan

Thanks Hopper. Might take a trip to see the new Páirc.

From the Bunker

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 02, 2019, 08:30:10 PM

Having both clashing with the champions league final wasn't the wisest decision.

The Authorities that be don't seem to understand that a majority of the modern GAA followers follow other sports as well. There is especially a huge cross over between Soccer and Gaelic interests.

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 02, 2019, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on June 02, 2019, 08:30:10 PM

The Authorities that be don't seem to understand that a majority of the modern GAA followers follow other sports as well. There is especially a huge cross over between Soccer and Gaelic interests.

Sure Cork football has poor following and Kerry only go to finals.

In fairness, you can blame CL final, but I doubt you'd have got much more at those. Munster championship is as dead as the emu.

Rossfan

mup

Im delighted for them. They were warned for years of the consequences of the financial doping of Dublin Gaa. Now its coming home to roost.

If there was a two fingered emoji I'd send it in their direction. Hope it continues for them.

BennyCake

Quote from: mup on June 04, 2019, 03:15:29 PM
Im delighted for them. They were warned for years of the consequences of the financial doping of Dublin Gaa. Now its coming home to roost.

If there was a two fingered emoji I'd send it in their direction. Hope it continues for them.

Will this do?

APM

The best supported teams are those that are on a mission to win their first All Ireland (after a long gap).  Tyrone pre-03, Armagh pre-02, Mayo, the Dubs pre 2011. 
There is lots of giddy excitement and every man, woman and child wants to be part of the mission to win.  After the first win, supporters become a bit more complacent, and a lot more sceptical. 

That's what's happening in Dublin.  The irony is that the GAA and Leinster Council would have been better off had Dublin kept knocking on the door a la Mayo.  They need a strong Dublin, but a dominant Dublin is the last thing they need. 

From the Bunker

+1

mup

Quote from: BennyCake on June 04, 2019, 03:32:13 PM

Will this do?

Perfect job. Thanks.  ;D