The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 17, 2019, 09:44:17 PM
Any sign of T20 cricket catching on outside of India? I hear they have it in England now. I wouldn't be opposed to going to a game myself if I was in the area. Sounds more like baseball in getting a game played in a single evening.

T20 originated in England... They are reinventing it as we speak calling it The 100 as in 100 balls per side compared to the current 120  ::). They actually market the T20 game quite well in England, I attended Middlesex and Surrey last summer at Lord's on a Friday evening and there were over 20,000 there. A lot of work groups and lads and girls nights out types at it, music blaring, light show quite a sociable evening even if you weren't a cricket fan. Obviously they can't compete in scale with the IPL as India have 1.3billion people :o

magpie seanie

Quote from: Boycey on July 17, 2019, 10:33:57 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 17, 2019, 09:44:17 PM
Any sign of T20 cricket catching on outside of India? I hear they have it in England now. I wouldn't be opposed to going to a game myself if I was in the area. Sounds more like baseball in getting a game played in a single evening.

T20 originated in England... They are reinventing it as we speak calling it The 100 as in 100 balls per side compared to the current 120  ::). They actually market the T20 game quite well in England, I attended Middlesex and Surrey last summer at Lord's on a Friday evening and there were over 20,000 there. A lot of work groups and lads and girls nights out types at it, music blaring, light show quite a sociable evening even if you weren't a cricket fan. Obviously they can't compete in scale with the IPL as India have 1.3billion people :o

I've gone to two T20 finals days in Edgbaston and it's a fantastic day out. Two semi finals and a final on the day. Great entertainment.

bennydorano

T20 season about to get going again, big spread in the I newspaper today.

Boycey

Huge step forward for Ireland today with the start of a test match against England at the home of cricket Lord's...

magpie seanie

Apparently it's the first Lords test where the visiting team has more 1st class appearances than England.

Boycey

Great start for Ireland, England 2 down with only 36 on the board...

Jason Roy doing very little to nail down an Ashes place.

Edit 3 down  8)

passedit

Don't Panic

screenexile

Boycey

Fcuk 42-6, Murtagh one wicket away from getting on the honours board too. 

Taylor

43-7 and England are 2/5 in running betting  :o

passedit

Quote from: Boycey on July 24, 2019, 12:14:21 PM
Fcuk 42-6, Murtagh one wicket away from getting on the honours board too.

On it now.
Don't Panic

Orior

Is this all to soften us up for Brexit?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

passedit

85 All Out
Unbelievable

Ireland 5-0
Don't Panic

dec

85 is England's highest ever total in a Test match against Ireland

magpie seanie

Great morning for our guys. Hopefully can dig in now.