Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

silver bridge are in the running for a new manager.
wont be hard to out perform the last pair of boys .
might i suggest MONA RUDDY.

Hank Everlast

Quote from: illdecide on November 19, 2008, 10:26:07 AM
It looks like a few clubs are looking for new management teams for next year...God only knows who will get the Clans job...???

I thought James French had the job or was it that he was the only one interested in it?

illdecide

Quote from: Hank Everlast on November 20, 2008, 08:44:18 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 19, 2008, 10:26:07 AM
It looks like a few clubs are looking for new management teams for next year...God only knows who will get the Clans job...???

I thought James French had the job or was it that he was the only one interested in it?

He's looking the job but there are other interested parties as far as i know
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

corn02

Uladh

Not easy getting access corn. home for a week now though!

corn02

Another couple of development squads, another lack of Cross players?

BC what is the story here? I heard there was some fall-out, is that bullshit. It seems to be a regular occurence in development squads, maybe I am missing a seperate list?

mackers

Quote from: corn02 on November 20, 2008, 03:02:49 PM
Another couple of development squads, another lack of Cross players?

BC what is the story here? I heard there was some fall-out, is that bullshit. It seems to be a regular occurence in development squads, maybe I am missing a seperate list?
A Cross contact told me that Tim Gregory simply does not believe in them, he doesn't want to tell a lad of 14 or 15 that they don't make the cut. Fair enough, I suppose.
BC can confirm this, just what I heard.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

brokencrossbar1

I don't know the ins and outs but I do know that they don't agree with them.  it doesn't seem to be affecting their development either not being involved, so why should they change the policy.

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 20, 2008, 03:27:03 PM
I don't know the ins and outs but I do know that they don't agree with them.  it doesn't seem to be affecting their development either not being involved, so why should they change the policy.
How do you assess it?? Almighty hammering in Co Minor Championship final, followed hot on the heels by another trimming by Keady in the ACML U16 final. 

I've seen players come back from these squads as better players as the coaching is generally of a higher standard available at most clubs, the down side is that young lads do tend to bring back inflated egos etc... with them too.

Whacker

Quote from: bennydorano on November 20, 2008, 04:02:35 PM
How do you assess it?? Almighty hammering in Co Minor Championship final, followed hot on the heels by another trimming by Keady in the ACML U16 final. 

I've seen players come back from these squads as better players as the coaching is generally of a higher standard available at most clubs, the down side is that young lads do tend to bring back inflated egos etc... with them too.

I think what BC is trying to say is that Gregory doesnt believe telling ANY lad at 14 or 15 that they are not good enough to make Development squads, the lad will then probably say well f**k you and turn on his heel and not play football!  I can see Gregorys point but I suppose looking at Tyrone more than anyone else, there is something to be said for Development Squads if carried out in the right process.

The GAA

Quote from: bennydorano on November 20, 2008, 04:02:35 PM

i would dispute this

bennydorano

As you are entitled to do, but like it or not development squads are by their nature 'elite' - in terms of players and the coaching - otherwise what is the point of them.

The GAA

I often ask that question. some of the lads who come back report "fitness sessions" with an array of ladders and speed poles round the field. i've gone along to watch a few and have yet to see any "coaching".

the only benefit i can see is that they are doing these drills and competing in the company of a higher standard of opponent