2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

I haven't been to any of the O'Byrne cup games this year so hard to comment on player performance etc.

Anyone have an idea what the opening matchday squad might be, starting team + subs?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The PRO

Quote from: redsetanta on January 15, 2019, 10:03:15 AM
I haven't been to any of the O'Byrne cup games this year so hard to comment on player performance etc.

Anyone have an idea what the opening matchday squad might be, starting team + subs?
Hard to say. A few lads are sure to start and it's anyone's guess after that. I'd say Brody, Timmons, JOL, the 2 Kingstons, Evan O'C, Dillon and maybe Lillis are nailed on.

Laoiseabu

I'd say something like ,
Brody
???
Timmons
Dillon
Attride
Begley
???
Jol
Lillis
???
P Kingston
???
Lowry
D Kingston
O Carroll

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Challenge games v Tipp (lost by a point) and Kerry (last night) this week. Plenty of lads looked at.

Butch Cassidy

Anymore information in the games The Pro? What kind of team will line up against Down? Down away is the hardest game we could have so hopefully we have a full deck

on the hop

town1980

Please god we do well in div 3 obviously it's a step up but promotion should be a must

Clubber Lang

Laois won the challenge game with kerry. Very experimental
Kerry team though so hard to gauge. Laois team seems to be in good physical shape a week out from start of league.

town1980

Laois did not beat Kerry in a challenge game get the facts right please

Tony

i dont agree with this "promotion is a must" business. We're clearly in transition. Retaining div 3 status wouldn't be a disaster, at all. Of course promotion should be the aim but def not a "must", in my opinion. I see a 3rd - 5th place finish for us, given the context of a bunch of new faces for 2019.

BallyroanAbu

I think we should always be prioritizing promotion, I felt from the very start of Sugrue's reign that under previous management teams, we were victims of complete mismanagement,  I personally think we are a mid table Div 2 team.  If they miss promotion a fair analysis is asked for, but I have been impressed with Sugrue thus far and what his doing within Laois Football.   Long term John Sugrue has been a good appointment for Laois Football, but we should always reflect on the short-term.  Offaly are begging players to come in, I don't think there are too many in Laois who said no.  Quite the opposite a lot bulling that they are not in with them and others worried about their places. This is start of a recovery but always have decent targets.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on January 20, 2019, 09:50:56 PM
Please god we do well in div 3 obviously it's a step up but promotion should be a must
Are you still f**king here?

Nameless

Quote from: town1980 on January 20, 2019, 09:50:56 PM

You have to build them up before you can knock them down. Make them seem like certainties to gain promotion, hope they lose most of their games and then go to town on them.