ACFL Division 1A

Started by SCFC, March 12, 2017, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Keyser Söze on June 24, 2017, 12:37:40 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on June 24, 2017, 12:28:08 AM
other forums that you and the like of you have managed to ruin down through the years...

He talks a lot of shite, but i'd like to take you up on that point. If it's LaoisTalk you are referring to, the only reason that finished was that it wasn't making money! Nothing to do with trolls etc

No, I understand what happened to Laoistalk, that was a very well run forum and sadly missed. 

I've been on a few other forums where clowns like him do nothing but run down guys who have nothing but respect for their counties and have to put up with insults when they express their opinions. All that serves to do is to make genuine posters leave and not waste their time reading trash like that.

Tony is a genuine guy and I don't know how he puts up with some of the stuff that's thrown at him. Whether you agree or disagree with his opinions is up to each individual but he has an opinion and sticks to it and you have to respect that. I think he speaks a lot of sense and Creedon will come good given time. He has had a horrible start but if the lads believe in him that's good enough for me.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

In fairness O Dempsey's are a bit watery, Graigue are too. Never going to forgive O Dempseys for being relegated the year I backed them to win County.

The Monument Road

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 24, 2017, 10:21:20 AM
In fairness O Dempsey's are a bit watery, Graigue are too. Never going to forgive O Dempseys for being relegated the year I backed them to win County.
. In fairness most clubs are a "bit watery" these days. Clubs nowadays are defined mostly on how successful they are on the field.If clubs/teams are decimated by this "travel bug" that's widespread these days they are deemed watery/weak. The club that avoids disruptions are generally successful. O Dempseys have been one of those clubs, when they have a decent run they suddenly lose a load of players to travel and they then fail. Bally roan were also affected by player travel ( And they will again due to the young age profile of their squad). St Josephs are another club presently effected by the "Travel bug".( I hear at least 8 of their players are presently touring North& South America). The older the age profile of teams the better. Prime example were Kileen and Arles when they were reaching County finals. Stradbally's age profile  last year was high so they didnt suffer any disruptions through their year long preparations.

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on June 23, 2017, 08:45:16 PM
Sure lads they did bottle it they needed to beat a shite graig side and a depleted strand side what's the problem??? Remember it's only my opinion ;D
Right Town 1880. You have dragged me down to your level.  :-*Portlaoise bottled the ten in a row to a very aging and average Stradbally team last year. DO you agree Townie...

town1980

Nice little win this evening ,in fairness I was surprised by graigcullen they stayed in the game all the way threw and look fit and organised,, but portlaoise are gonna win the league as I predicted

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: town1980 on June 24, 2017, 09:52:30 PM
Nice little win this evening ,in fairness I was surprised by graigcullen they stayed in the game all the way threw and look fit and organised,, but portlaoise are gonna win the league as I predicted

This was the result, great report as usual town1980

Portlaoise: 0-17
Graiguecullen: 1-11

From Laoistoday.ie
Portlaoise 0-17 to 1-11 win over Graiguecullen puts Portlaoise into second place in ACFL Division 1A. St Joseph's are already guaranteed a place in the final and Portlaoise will join them if they beat an already-relegated Ballyroan-Abbey side in their final game next week. The result also ended Graigue's slim hopes of making the final.
O'Dempsey's are also in the hunt for a final place but they need to beat Arles-Killeen in their final game and hope that Portlaoise slip up.

Keyser Söze

Don't forget the link Junior  :D ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Oh lord, I forgot. I'm in for a rough time now ... >:(

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Weekend Results:

ACFL Div 1A

23/06/2017
St Joseph's: 0-12
Ballyroan Abbey: 0-12

22/06/2017
O'Dempseys 0-17
Stradbally 1-16

The Heath 1-14
Arles/Killeen 0-10

19/06/2017
St Joseph's 2-4
Portlaoise 2-11

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Thursdays Results:

Arles/Killeen 3-8
O'Dempsey's 4-11

Graiguecullen 1-15
Stradbally 0-8

St Joseph's 0-11
The Heath 1-11

Table with one game left, if Portlaoise beat Ballyroan they are in the final against St. Joseph's

town1980

we wont slip up tonight last weeks win against graigcullen put us in the final,,and i see they got a good result against stradbally last night,could be a little team to watch come championship but time will tell,,again the town to win the final

Laois fan

Seems plaois are placing a big emphasis on winning league,their second team conceded to port last night which means they are automatically relegated even when they were doing well in league

SCFC

Quote from: Laois fan on June 30, 2017, 01:53:38 PM
Seems plaois are placing a big emphasis on winning league,their second team conceded to port last night which means they are automatically relegated even when they were doing well in league
No, they are not relegated. They keep whatever points they had.

The Monument Road

What way do's it go now. Is it,Top team through to final and 2nd/3rd play a semi.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Think it's a final between 1 and 2