March 5 (Saturday) at O'Moore Park, 19:00
Laois v An Clár

March 12 (Saturday)  at Gaelic Grounds, Limerick, 17:00
Luimneach v Laois

March 20 (Sunday)  at O'Moore Park, 14:00
Laois v Loch Garman
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

redsetanta

I see friends of Laois hurling are saying on Facebook that Joe Fitz will not be returnimg.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Lost 1-31 to 0-17 points in a challenge against Tipp today. Were winning at half time. I would imagine the wind played its part. Anyone hear what sort of team was out?

Podge72

I was at it

By my rough calculation,Laois were 6/7 points ahead at half time.
Tipp made 11/12 changes for the second half,the wind was strong but didn't have a bearing on the final result.

As a portlaoise based Tipp man I can't have any complaints

TheGreatGame

A bit of a beating, but it was a good test I'm sure for certain players before the league begins.  Good to see Hyland back in action and 0-17 isn't a bad score to put up against any Tipp. selection.

In my view the home/away fixtures have been kind to us.  We've avoided the long trip to Kerry, and being home or away to Offaly doesn't seem to matter much going on the last two years, whoever wants it more on the day will win it.  Hopefully we can get the injured and newly returned players up to speed for the start of the league as it's vital we have something to play for going into the Clare/Lim/Wex games.

redsetanta

Offaly will be really looking forward to playing us after our win in the championship last year. WIll be a tough game. We have to nake sure and beat Kerry first up and be going into the Offaly game with a bit of momentum. Wexford were poor enough on Saturday night but they should improve during the league. It would be great to still have something to play for when they arrive in O'Moore Park for the last league game on March 20th.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tobias

The score line doesn't read well but we were level with them half way through the second half so that's a positive. Anyone got the team that played?

Tobias

Any ideas on the starting team for the game on Sunday?
Cheddar has said it will be a new team so it will be interesting to see the line up.
This is a huge game for Laois and it's a really important one to win.
I would probably go with this team
Reilly/Rowland
C Healy
D Maher
D Palmer
T Delaney
M Whelan
R Mullaney
C Collier
P Purcell
C Dwyer
Z Keenan
W Hyland
R King/W Dunphy/PJ Scully
N Foyle
P Maher

Helix

Did Roddy King get shoulder injury last night in the Fitzgibbon vs Maynooth?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Tobias, do you think the Foyle at centreback experiment is finished with? I would have thought he would start there against Kerry.

Will Hyland and Keenan be back?

merman

Neil Foyle will start centre-back on Sunday.
Matthew Whelan midfield.

Hyland and Keenan not available for the Kerry game but should come into contention for subsequent rounds.

finbar o tool

id have Reddin in over Collier any day. (unless hes injured??)

we could be looking through our fingers for the second half of this game, i think it will be tight.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

TheGreatGame

In some games a performance is as important as a result, but this Sunday is not one of those games!  I'm apprehensive and curious in equal measure.  Kerry have some really fine hurlers with Shane Nolan probably the pick of them and some very useful hurlers from Tipp. and Clare.  They will view this game as the one to really target for a win and with Limerick legend Carey driving them on they certainly won't lack for determination.

It will be really interesting to see how Laois line out.  I'm open to the idea of Foyle at centre back, but I can't help but feel that if he is fit enough to play at 6 then he would also be by far our most dangerous full forward.  It's looking like we'll have a physically powerful half back line but there will be a lot of pressure on midfield and the half forward line to help out as there is not much pace there.

Hyland and Keenan are big losses in the forwards, that much is obvious.  Cha and Picky should be flying it however, and with Dunphy, Scully, Reddin etc. trying to nail down a place on the team we should be okay.  The lack of physical heft in the forwards would be another worry, particularly with the weather so bad of late.

It's early in the year yet, but I don't think it's stretching it to say that Sunday is a must-win; I find it very hard to see how the panel will lift themselves after an opening day loss.  Best of luck to the lads and lets try and get a vocal home support behind them on Sunday.

finbar o tool

i will be more interested in HOW they play rather than who plays or who plays where.
against Dublin we had 2 in the full forward line and an extra midfielder. and yet time seemed to stand still when Dublin had the ball, they had all the time in the world to look up and pick out a team mate who had made a run into space for a pass. no pressure from our lads whatsoever, 3rd midfielder had no impact. similar craic to last year.
we must respect this Kerry team for sure, but we need not fear them. i hope cheddar goes 15 on 15 Sunday and takes this Kerry team head on. if we dont, i think we'll be in trouble, especially without the likes of Willie and Zane to pick off long range points.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy