Laois draw both games
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 08, 2015, 12:00:16 PM

Unlaoised

LAOIS ABÚ

laoislad

If Carlsberg did weekends........
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

merman

I would suggest the statistically most-likely outcome is that we will lose both games; but by close margins.
I don't see either team getting hammered.

That said, I fancy us to be in at least one semi-final...I'm just not sure which...

CruiseCigar

1-3 point win in each game for Laois
Laoise abú

burdizzo

Personally, I find it hard to be optimistic about the hurlers. I've seen too many let-downs against Offaly, and they haven't beaten them in championship since 1972, or something, so many of us - myself included - haven't seen it. On the other hand, I think the footballers will probably beat Kildare, who aren't going great at the moment. Mind you, I'm no expert on that...

laoislad

Yeah if being realistic I think it will be a loss for the hurlers and I would be more confident of the footballers winning.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

The Saint

Draw in the football, hurlers lose by 3-6 points

Don Draper

We're gonna smash both these c***ts

redsetanta

The last time we came anyway close to beating Offaly was back in 1997 when we lost by 1 point. Since then we haven't come close at all so history says we aren't going to beat them this time either. My heart says we can win but the head says it will be more woe. Think we will come close but just fall short but we shall see. I have a funny feeling all the contraversey this week could become a rallying cry and might be enough to get them over the line. Would love to see it and their hard work for the past 3 years deserves it. MAybe a draw!

Laois v Kildare games can go either way and results down the years show that. We were very erratic in the league mixing the good (hammering league finalists Roscommon) with the bad (losing to both relegated teams) so who knows which Laois team will show up. I would hope it's the former because we certainly owe Kildare a beating. Not one I would be betting on (when is it ever good to bet on Laois) but I think we have better players at the moment and we seem to have a fully fit panel so I will go with a Laois victory.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

the ratman

Footballers to sneak a win but the hurlers to shell goals and lose by 5 -7 pts.

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on June 03, 2015, 10:23:00 PM
Personally, I find it hard to be optimistic about the hurlers. I've seen too many let-downs against Offaly, and they haven't beaten them in championship since 1972, or something, so many of us - myself included - haven't seen it.
Telling the future by looking at the past assumes that conditions remain constant. This is like driving a car by looking in the rear view mirror.

Laois by 2.

burdizzo

I hope you're right. We'll see...

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on June 04, 2015, 02:58:56 PM
Personally, I find it hard to be optimistic about the hurlers. I've seen too many let-downs against Offaly, and they haven't beaten them in championship since 1972, or something, so many of us - myself included - haven't seen it.
Telling the future by looking at the past assumes that conditions remain constant. This is like driving a car by looking in the rear view mirror.

Laois by 2.

I hope so. One win over a top 10 team could change the mindset forever. Another defeat I don't even want to think about.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on June 04, 2015, 03:38:40 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 04, 2015, 02:58:56 PM

Laois by 2.

I hope so. One win over a top 10 team could change the mindset forever. Another defeat I don't even want to think about.
Ironically the past 3 years could ideally have been working up to this point. Dooley must be double teamed, and the sweeper is something we have been playing for some time. Many argued we had to move on from it to develop and while it's a valid point it seems now as if hurling has come around to our way of playing once more. The sweeper will be vital on Sunday and our players should be familiar with it. After that it's up to the forwards.

Laois by 2.