Laois ACFL Division 2

Started by SCFC, March 23, 2015, 10:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Lad's I know you might have a thing for Finn he is decent not exceptional. Sean Moore is exceptional. I hope I am right in saying this,  Sean is going to light up Laois Football for the next few years. I seen him first against Timahoe last year and I am good bit older than him so I am not a cheerleader from the minor team.  This chap is exceptional I will refer to this post after Laois SFC I actually think he should get some game time against Kildare.  He just has a habit of been in the right place and the right time.  I don't think I have ever bigged up a player so I hope I am not putting the mockers on him.

Teo Lurley

He's too light. Let him develop before rushing him in.

BallyroanAbu

I think you could pick  holes in most of the Laois Panel if your good enough your old enough.  He is a tough I would have no fears there.

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 01, 2015, 09:01:12 AM
I think you could pick  holes in most of the Laois Panel if your good enough your old enough.  He is a tough I would have no fears there.

It's not his age though. It's his size. He's a very light lad. I'd give him time.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Hospital Pass

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on June 01, 2015, 10:15:16 AM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 01, 2015, 09:01:12 AM

It's not his age though. It's his size. He's a very light lad. I'd give him time.
Undoubtedly has the talent but i wouldnt be rushing him in either, let him train with the extended panel maybe. There is no doubt in my mind he will be a gem of a player for us in years to come but look what happened to donie brennan.
I dont think he ever met his maximum potential at senior county level as a result of being rushed in.

SCFC

Young Moore is a brilliant prospect who we shouldn't rush on to the senior panel. Let him play his under 21 and college football for another year or two.

redsetanta

Undoubtedly has the talent but i wouldnt be rushing him in either, let him train with the extended panel maybe. There is no doubt in my mind he will be a gem of a player for us in years to come but look what happened to donie brennan.
I dont think he ever met his maximum potential at senior county level as a result of being rushed in.
[/quote]

Don't think it was Donie's size. More to do with application and training.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Sean Moore is not small i'd say he is 6 foot plus already!

I'd bring him in to the extended panel he could learn a lot from Ross etc
LAOIS ABÚ

Jimmy P

You must be thinking of his brother James who is well over 6 foot as Sean is no where near that size. He wouldn't stand out physically in an under 16 at present! Leave the chap be and let him develop with Ballyfin and the under 21 and college set-ups as they come along.

Unlaoised

No I know James  his brother another good player he is about 6-4 ...Sean is about 5-10 -6 ...All I'm saying is he isn't small
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

I hear he has been called into the development squad and has been impressing he made one of our top defenders look very stupid in a game recently I'm been told it was a dummy to beat all dummy's all the players were admiring it
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 04, 2015, 12:22:25 AM
I hear he has been called into the development squad and has been impressing he made one of our top defenders look very stupid in a game recently I'm been told it was a dummy to beat all dummy's all the players were admiring it
He'll surely get the all star for that so

Spillane

He's far from a young Donie Kingston bursting on to the scene! I'd 100% agree with redsetanta let the chap play more ball before we over hype him.

O'Dempsey and Ballyroan moving well in this division. Timahoe, Portlaoise, Ballylinan and Annanough all fighting for 3rd and 4th spot I'd say! How is Gary Walsh playing at the minute? He'd add a lot to Laois if he was in there, MJ Tierney in flying form against Annonough according to Leinster Express. Himself, Macmahon, Walsh and O'Leary all back driving on their clubs

Spillane

ODempseys look to have top spot and a bye to the final locked up. Also Ballyroan Abbey look to have one foot in the semi with the other spot coming down to the game between Annanough and Timahoe. Big win for Ballyroan Abbey over Ballylinan tonight putting an end to any hopes they had of semis. Any match reports lately? How are Timahoe going with Quigley back and how is Clancy getting on with Ballyroan? ODempseys surely between themselves and Killeen able to bother the town come Champo?

BallyroanAbu

Ballyroan and O Dempseys drew tonight with Ballyroan unlucky not to win.