Author Topic: Club transfers  (Read 39757 times)

clonadmad

• View Profile
Re: Club transfers
« Reply #390 on: July 11, 2017, 07:41:59 PM »
After reading that article and the other transfer tales in the past 10/15 years here in Laois

Let's call a spade a spade

If you want to transfer,you will get one.

Nevermind the rule book and the various refusals you might get from the various committees.

Plough on

You will eventually get your wish.

Now I'm off to tap up a few promising underage prospects in neighboring clubs.

You don't even have to be living in a parish to play underage hurling with another parish team at this stage (and no,I'm not talking about isolated players)

Until a lad was refused a transfer to my club, on the basis of an address. He is genuinely living there (and has been for a good while), but it's all in his sister's name.

Sure, an esb bill for a cowshed was accepted in a case I know about. Apparently, a family of five living in a field.

Genuine case - turned down.
Fake esb bills - accepted.

Because....#countyboard.

Well Dave

If at first you don't succeed..............

Get more creative in your approach and plough on

Ballygowen

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2017, 11:03:49 PM »
Obviously no one want to see someone transfer from their club to another club, especially when your own club is a small rural one. But my question is, what do you do if a player wants to transfer clubs? Dennoy them that opportunity and make them play with you when they donít want too? Which could result in them not playing at all. I do realise that there has to be restrictions in it or it would be like the premiership with players bouncing from one club to another. But  if a player is looking for a transfer there must be some reason for it, perhaps if they collaborated the reasons behind the requests for transfers they may be able to solve the issue. I presume most transfers from small clubs to larger clubs is to play senior/higher grade, so the CB should give these players an outlet to play at a higher grade (Gaels teams/Divisional team) but still play for their own club. Probably easier said than done though.   

redsetanta

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 12, 2017, 12:43:08 AM »
Sure that was tried and clubs because of their own self interest turned it down. When you have underage amalgamations there will always be players like Daly wanting to make the move.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi