2015 Laois Senior Football

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewildcat

Quote from: OTF on March 01, 2015, 02:08:29 PM
Madness bringing a game  to that kip this time of year.

more all ireland medals in that kip as you say that will ever be in portlaoise.

OTF

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 01, 2015, 04:51:43 PM
Quote from: OTF on March 01, 2015, 02:08:29 PM
Madness bringing a game  to that kip this time of year.

more all ireland medals in that kip as you say that will ever be in portlaoise.

It's the field I referring to .....your daddy will explain.

Thewildcat

besides portlaoise the rest of grounds in laois would be also kips No. ::)

Giovanni

Galway match refixed for March 22.

Overall, it's probably a good thing to get a run of games now. Disappointing to see the thing called off at the last minute yesterday.

Unlaoised

mmm This could be a blessing for the Laois team especially with Kildare loosing....

Beating Kildare and Roscommon could now see us stay up.....

we will probably need 5 points but ya never know.

I hear things in the camp have settled down a bit and the lads were going well in training last week!

LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Is it 5 Games in a row  ?
The squad is weak enough, add in injuries and whatever its a bit of an ask but its the same for Meath , Roscommon and Galway.
  On the other hand whoever gets on a roll  will love it.

redsetanta

I think we are going t obe relegated anyhow so don't see how the postponement will help at all. We are not going to beat Roscommon next weekend, Kildare are a stronger team than us despite their poor form and both Meath and Galway will more than fancy their chances against us. Fair enough the Dwon game could go either way but I can't see us getting anymore that 2/3 points which won't be enough to stay up. I haven't checked but I would say we are hot favs to make the drop.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Boy Wonder

Quote from: redsetanta on March 03, 2015, 06:12:55 PM
I think we are going t obe relegated anyhow so don't see how the postponement will help at all. We are not going to beat Roscommon next weekend, Kildare are a stronger team than us despite their poor form and both Meath and Galway will more than fancy their chances against us. Fair enough the Dwon game could go either way but I can't see us getting anymore that 2/3 points which won't be enough to stay up. I haven't checked but I would say we are hot favs to make the drop.

Ok - Roscommon are on an upward curve, have had good underage teams and a good manager in John Evans. On the other hand Laois have a core of experienced players who have been operating at a higher level than Roscommon for the past number of years. If Laois have anything about them (and I believe they have) they will stop the rot next Sunday.

Give and Go

Many teams have turned around a bad start to the league and finished it in a much more promising way.
That can help coming into the Leinster Championship.
Laois play Carlow in May and a win there will give an equally winnable clash with Kildare.
Suddenly Laois are back in a Leinster semi final....and the year has been turned round!

Unlaoised

Love that Give and go but can't really see it ...

I do see us beating roscommon on sunday to give ourselves a chance of avoiding the drop ...

A win in Down is not impossible and who's to say we can't beat the flour bags in Portlaoise??
LAOIS ABÚ

OTF

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on March 03, 2015, 11:33:36 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on March 03, 2015, 06:12:55 PM

Ok - Roscommon are on an upward curve, have had good underage teams and a good manager in John Evans. On the other hand Laois have a core of experienced players who have been operating at a higher level than Roscommon for the past number of years. If Laois have anything about them (and I believe they have) they will stop the rot next Sunday.

Agree With most of above TBW but the problem is we don't have any defensive structure whatsoever .
Every player seems to have free licence to get forward whenever he likes and as we well know most of them have little if no interest in their defensive duty's
In recent years  this  would have being possible but under the present management don't think so,we live in hope.

Unlaoised

Lasts night performance should give the lads a lift for Sunday having the u21s in around the camp can do no harm again as well ...I think we will beat Roscommon on sunday I know they are much improved and very hyped up this year but if the lads perform and are hungry for it then I think we could get back up on the horse! ;D
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)
2. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)
3. Mark Timmons (Graiguecullen)
4. Gearoid Hanrahan (Mountmellick)
5. Darren Strong (Emo)
6. Robbie Kehoe (O'Dempsey's)
7. Colm Begley (Parnells)
8. Brendan Quigley (Timahoe)
9. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)
10. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)
11. Conor Boyle (Portlaoise)
12. Gareth Dillon (Portlaoise)
13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)
14. Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)
15. Evan O'Carroll (Crettyard)

I hear its this team for this sunday but i'm open to correction
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

If that's the team I would be swapping Boyle with Strong or Begley.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

redsetanta

In fairness we have a strong inside line and if they get sufficient supply of ball they could do damage. Need to be on top of their game.