Started by Mayo4Sam, June 05, 2017, 09:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: PW Nally on June 12, 2017, 02:14:18 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2017, 01:50:36 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on June 12, 2017, 01:47:45 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2017, 12:55:39 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 12:51:48 PM
He definitely gets a hard time. No question. But part of the reason he gets a hard time is because he's so easy to wind up. You would think that at this stage, with his experience, he'd be able to handle opponents winding him up, or some wrong decision. It's a major flaw in his approach to the game.

it is a major flaw and this process is going to be a circus.

It's also incumbent on the referee and his assistant's to implement the rules and I wonder how much longer that treatment would persist.

Did the three Carlow players and Maoir uisce feature in the alleged 'debriefing' I wonder? I think we all know the answer to that.

Like I said, when we get a consistent process we can all take the moral high ground.
Poor Dermo. Blah blah blame the ref. High moral ground. We play the Dublin way. Our philosophy.

Yeah right!

Are you happy the rules as per Official guide were implemented around this incident?
Is that a question from someone who wants to blame the system and not take the punishment?

What signal does this handling of an official and then challenging the punishment send out?

What Connolly did was completely wrong and he should be suspended.

Whether he should accept his punishment from the GAA Kangaroo courts is another matter - I don't believe he should.

AZOffaly

Heffo, what would you ask be done to the 3 Carlow lads? The Maor Uisce didn't do much except jump up and down and roar and shout.

All Connolly had to do, as hundreds of times every year, is do a bit of pulling and dragging, and then drop the ball and walk away. He only got thick when he saw the line ball was for Carlow. He wasn't complaining about the Carlow lads trying to take the ball off him.

5 Sams

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 02:25:08 PM
Heffo, what would you ask be done to the 3 Carlow lads? The Maor Uisce didn't do much except jump up and down and roar and shout.

All Connolly had to do, as hundreds of times every year, is do a bit of pulling and dragging, and then drop the ball and walk away. He only got thick when he saw the line ball was for Carlow. He wasn't complaining about the Carlow lads trying to take the ball off him.

Totally out of character ;) ;) ;) :P :P
The Aristocrat Years

Gael85

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 12, 2017, 02:28:03 PM

Is he the Down lad that training Carlow? Meant to be a decent trainer.

heffo

Under rule are three players allowed physically remonstrate with a player off the field of play? If not, why is it Connolly's job to complain about it? Why didn't the ref throw up the ball at that point? Why didn't the linesman tell the ref what had happened? Why wasn't it included in the supposed debriefing?

Are team officials allowed roar at match officials in order to influence their decisions?

'You cannot put your hand on an official' though.

PW Nally

Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2017, 02:23:39 PM
He definitely gets a hard time. No question. But part of the reason he gets a hard time is because he's so easy to wind up. You would think that at this stage, with his experience, he'd be able to handle opponents winding him up, or some wrong decision. It's a major flaw in his approach to the game.

It's also incumbent on the referee and his assistant's to implement the rules and I wonder how much longer that treatment would persist.

Did the three Carlow players and Maoir uisce feature in the alleged 'debriefing' I wonder? I think we all know the answer to that.

Like I said, when we get a consistent process we can all take the moral high ground.
Poor Dermo. Blah blah blame the ref. High moral ground. We play the Dublin way. Our philosophy.

Yeah right!

Are you happy the rules as per Official guide were implemented around this incident?
Is that a question from someone who wants to blame the system and not take the punishment?

What signal does this handling of an official and then challenging the punishment send out?

Whether he should accept his punishment from the GAA Kangaroo courts is another matter - I don't believe he should.
You either accept the punishment or you don't.

AZOffaly

Very strange. So because there was a bit of pushing and shoving between players, it explains Connolly pushing a linesman, and pointing his finger in his face because he disagreed with a decision on a line ball? Or because team officials roar at refs, that explains it?

Your stance is that all of the above should be punished, or else nothing should be punished?

heffo

Quote from: PW Nally on June 12, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

Yeah right!

Thanks for clearing up that ambiguity

Taylor

Quote from: 5 Sams on June 12, 2017, 02:28:03 PM

Is that yon Poacher boy?

Had the misfortune/fortune of watching him manage his club a while back.

Barking mad. Makes Davy look like a choirboy

PW Nally

Quote from: heffo on June 12, 2017, 02:35:36 PM
Quote from: PW Nally on June 12, 2017, 02:34:38 PM

Yeah right!

Thanks for clearing up that ambiguity
Good stuff, saw you were getting bit confused so kept it nice and simple.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 02:35:25 PM
Very strange. So because there was a bit of pushing and shoving between players, it explains Connolly pushing a linesman, and pointing his finger in his face because he disagreed with a decision on a line ball? Or because team officials roar at refs, that explains it?

Your stance is that all of the above should be punished, or else nothing should be punished?

Your stance is very strange and is symptomatic of the selective rule book in the GAA.

Referee's should implement the rules consistently and not be worrying about letting the game flow.

AZOffaly

My stance is that all incidents should be punished. But just because one isn't, doesn't mean the other one shouldn't. That's a path to madness.

Connolly pushed a linesman, and should serve his 12 weeks. End of story.

Whether the Carlow lads should have got a yellow card (very debatable) for trying to take the ball off him is a completely different matter. 

Stall the Bailer

What rule did the referee not apply?
If he didn't see the push at the time, then what was he to do.

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 12, 2017, 02:42:10 PM
My stance is that all incidents should be punished. But just because one isn't, doesn't mean the other one shouldn't. That's a path to madness.

Connolly pushed a linesman, and should serve his 12 weeks. End of story.

Whether the Carlow lads should have got a yellow card (very debatable) for trying to take the ball off him is a completely different matter.

You didn't answer my earlier question though.

Is a third man allowed physically confront an opposition player? What about a fourth? Is it a yellow card offence or more serious?

You seem to be casually dismissing this as a bit of pushing and shoving.

AZOffaly

That's all it was. If anything it's a yellow card. No one struck. So I'm not sure what question you are asking me?

Either way, you are drawing a false equivalence between a ref not punishing something, and Connolly pushing the linesman. Why?