Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 04, 2011, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 07:16:02 PM
Quote from: Lawrence of Knockbride on January 04, 2011, 06:23:49 PM
I think it does. Tommy thinks that PIUA wants everyone to know when he's drunk. I'm not sure why he thinks that though. Is there a stand in the 3G pitch more importantly?

Good man LOF good to see someone can read anyway.

It's not reading you should be worried about. Replace 'seen that' with 'seeing as' and then it makes sense in English.

Knockbride begins with a K.
Ah sure he's only having a lof. :D

rodney trotter

I wonder what sort of team will start against Queens. With flanagan,cullivan and johnston involved i think cavan should give queens a better rattle unlike the last couple of years when they got hammered. A ff line of gumley pierson and sean johnston would cause damage. I would like to see damian reilly belturbet tried at midfield and sean mc cormack at full back,they are both new but are good footballers. Hope fannin is tried at wing forward he was wasted when he was corner back. Whatever happens i hope its better than the tommy carr era ::)

Ollie

Quote from: Western Blue on January 04, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
Haven been to  Cavan since I walked out of  Breffni Park at half-time in the Wicklow match very distraught and promising never to support my native county again!. Whiter it is the appointment of Team Andrews/Hyland ( Clough/Taylor) for 2011 I am feeling good again and so I am prepared to put on my old Kingspan jersey for another year and travel over from the West to watch the Queens match Sat night in the hope of seeing some areas of improvement and a win for moral purposes. I would imagine the team should have some degree of fitness at this time?

I wouldn't be expecting much of an improvement or a win in the first game of the year against a highly rated college side. Queens have been training properly since September where as Cavan have had very little collective training... Hopefully by the start of the league we might see some improvement in the side.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Western Blue on January 04, 2011, 08:27:46 PM
Haven been to  Cavan since I walked out of  Breffni Park at half-time in the Wicklow match very distraught and promising never to support my native county again!. Whiter it is the appointment of Team Andrews/Hyland ( Clough/Taylor) for 2011 I am feeling good again and so I am prepared to put on my old Kingspan jersey for another year and travel over from the West to watch the Queens match Sat night in the hope of seeing some areas of improvement and a win for moral purposes. I would imagine the team should have some degree of fitness at this time?

Ha ha, i'd say you were sorry you left that game. It was the only bit of enjoyment I got from tommy carrs reign.

put-it-up-again

Quote from: tommysmith on January 04, 2011, 01:50:07 PM
Quote from: put-it-up-again on January 04, 2011, 12:19:49 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 03, 2011, 11:08:56 PM
Quote from: Dougal on January 03, 2011, 07:25:13 PM
wakely and mccormack couldnt commit due to work,barry reilly and barry tully are on the u21's
king and chesty couldnt commit because of work as well.pauric smith and gavin duffy are injured.sean reilly is suspended
nesty,dermot sheridan mackey and cahill are all injured
givney keating martin reilly and lyng are with colleges.

Injured my arse, they must have fell over when drunk.

Because god forbid anyone was drunk over the last few weeks!

Well i know you would have been anyway seen that you think we want to know when you have had a few.

Tommy you boy ya, just what are you talking about? Did you have a bad day at the office or something?

tommysmith

This is just a sample i know there were lots on the account that you deleted.
QuoteBecause god forbid anyone was drunk over the last few weeks!

QuoteLads will ye relax, the boy's weren't training at all. They were just meeting up at a starting point for a few Christmas beers and normally the piss-ups start from Breffni after a championship exit so it was only fitting to start the session their to celebrate the baby jebus's birthday   Tradition and all that for the season that is in it!

QuoteI honestly think if lads drink together and have the craic together they will become a closer unit. Some times a good session has ten times the impact on morale than a training session.
I would draw the line on being on the rip the night before a league game and three nights before a champo match!

QuoteCan someone let me know how the games go? Hungover in Dublin after that thrilling International Rules

Terry Coyle

Tommy you have little to be at. Maybe go and watch that boxette of Sex and the City you got for Christmas!  :D

tommysmith

Quote from: Terry Coyle on January 05, 2011, 01:42:30 PM
Tommy you have little to be at. Maybe go and watch that boxette of Sex and the City you got for Christmas!  :D

Excuse me for answering a question.

Dougal

not really though,he only mentioned himself and drink together once.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

Terry Coyle

Quote from: Thastheball on January 05, 2011, 02:27:45 PM
TerryC, Chapman is the new manager, how did that happen, he was with our rivals last year. I was hoping we could have persuaded cassidy to take the reigns.

A lot of people were thinking the same, me included. Dont know much about Chapman but by all accounts there were good reports from the Dreadnoughts camp. And they were playing good football last year - takes no crap so maybe is just what we need.

Celt_Man

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 04, 2011, 10:46:48 PM
damian reilly belturbet tried at midfield and sean mc cormack at full back

As far as I know Damien Reilly was corner back the other day against Letrim in Breffni - definitely not Midfield anyway...

Is Seán McCormack in the squad at the minute?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Western Blue

Letrim in Breffni. Any other news from this challenge match...team that started and the score. I can take it that it was played on the 3G pitch?

put-it-up-again

Quote from: tommysmith on January 05, 2011, 01:06:46 PM
This is just a sample i know there were lots on the account that you deleted.
QuoteBecause god forbid anyone was drunk over the last few weeks!

QuoteLads will ye relax, the boy's weren't training at all. They were just meeting up at a starting point for a few Christmas beers and normally the piss-ups start from Breffni after a championship exit so it was only fitting to start the session their to celebrate the baby jebus's birthday   Tradition and all that for the season that is in it!

QuoteI honestly think if lads drink together and have the craic together they will become a closer unit. Some times a good session has ten times the impact on morale than a training session.
I would draw the line on being on the rip the night before a league game and three nights before a champo match!

QuoteCan someone let me know how the games go? Hungover in Dublin after that thrilling International Rules

You really do have little to be at. Is is that time of the month?  ;D

The second post is clearly a joke. The third one I genuinely believe in once it is conducted in the right manner. Any team I have been on be it college, club or whatever, when we have gone out together and let our hairs down and had the 'craic' for the want of a better word, we have genuinely become a closer unit after that. The last line of the post is clearly tongue in cheek. Did someone rob your sense of humour?

And the last one is just fact, I had a hangover and wanted to know what was going on.

What are you, Head of the Pioneer association or something?

beer baron

Quote from: Western Blue on January 05, 2011, 06:05:35 PM
Letrim in Breffni. Any other news from this challenge match...team that started and the score. I can take it that it was played on the 3G pitch?

One of the boys called in for last few minutes after work the other day,said they lost by 3 or 4 points,didn't look an overly competitive affair and about half the team was from last years team! Was only chatting for 2 minutes so that's all i got!

put-it-up-again

Regards to the Leitrim game I think cavan were beaten 3-9 to 0-14 or something. Very experimental line-up, wouldn't really look into it too much at all to be honest. Didn't see it or anything just heard that from someone else.