Ulster Minor 2020

Started by Angelo, December 21, 2020, 12:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Not sure if there is a thread for this but it's interesting that the minor draw mirrored the senior draw this year and all games had a reversal of the results in the senior fixtures (Antrim did not play Monaghan at senior level)

Monaghan beat Cavan at minor in the prelim (Cavan won corresponding fixture at senior)
Tyrone beat Donegal at minor (Donegal won corresponding fixture at senior)
Derry beat Armagh at minor (Armagh won corresponding fixture at senior)
Fermanagh beat Down at minor (Down won corresponding fixture at senior)

Monaghan beat Antrim in the other quarter final (had been Cavan v Antrim in the senior fixture).

Fermanagh beating Down at minor is a big surprise. I know St Michaels won a MacRory last year but you'd generally fancy Down.

Monaghan and Derry have dominated the minor grade in recent years. Monaghan are going for 3 in a row.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

J70

I saw in the report that there's another young Canavan on the way through. Four points from play out of Tyrone's total of eight.

Tyrone won 0-8 to 0-7.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on December 21, 2020, 12:10:54 PM
I saw in the report that there's another young Canavan on the way through. Four points from play out of Tyrone's total of eight.

Tyrone won 0-8 to 0-7.

I watched the game on Pairc TV yesterday. Tyrone looked much the fitter and more physical team but were extremely wasteful.

The game was absolutely riddled with errors but Canavan's class shone through, looks a more stockier version than Darragh and I'd say will be a heavier scorer without the same speed of thought though. The Tyrone goalkeeper was also excellent. Great kickouts and scored a 45 too. The other player that looked good for me was the Tyrone no 10 McHugh who caused Donegal big problems with his strong running.

The pitch was absolutely terrible it must be said which didn't help the quality of play.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Blowitupref

Derry 1-15 Monaghan 0-15. In tonights Ulster 2020 final. Play Meath in the All Ireland semi finals next.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Wildweasel74

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2021, 10:06:18 PM
Ref was awful the night

Who was he? Thought he did us no favours.

befair

As usual, it's the ref's fault

quit yo jibbajabba