Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Not the final quarter final. Mitchels have to play Aghamore yet. But that game is not fixed for this weekend. Ballintubber playing the winners of Ballinrobe and Knockmore. Breaffy playing winners of Mitchels v Aghamore. Looks like three west Mayo semi-finalists.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ballinaman on October 29, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2009, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on October 29, 2009, 12:01:29 PM
For me id like to see Martin Connolly in charge.  As i see it he would have an advantage in that he would see a lot of players in the variuos schools games involving teams from Mayo. That surely would be an advantage as trial matches might not always produce the best players.
I also think its no coinsidence that colleges football is strong in Mayo, at a time where the county set up has improved.  Galway won more than their fair share when St. Mary's, the bish, st pats, and jarlaths ruled supreme in the schools game in the provence.
I would also suggest that there be a member of the backround team from north,south and east to go to the club games to keep the pressure on the chosen panel, and spot new players, something Ray tried to do i tkink.

The Bish? When did they rule Connacht Colleges Gaa?

Ya sure they are a soccer school......

Would they not be more into rugby? Anyway, its equal.

I think Martin Connolly would be an ideal candidate for the job, as I'd say JH would be more than happy to continue with the good work he's doing with 'Tubber
Hasta la victoria siempre

StoneWall

Quote from: AbbeySider on October 29, 2009, 02:16:49 PM

Knockmore probably being favourites for it, Castlebar and Breaffy close second and third favourites.

Sure ye probably have no point turning up at all  ::) Given that ye are only missing three from last years starting champions and that ye have added Cillian O'Connor I think ye might have a fair shout in retaining the title. Fourth favourites  ;D

mayo 4 eva

Quote from: ballinaman on October 29, 2009, 06:15:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 29, 2009, 04:52:27 PM
Quote from: mayo 4 eva on October 29, 2009, 12:01:29 PM
For me id like to see Martin Connolly in charge.  As i see it he would have an advantage in that he would see a lot of players in the variuos schools games involving teams from Mayo. That surely would be an advantage as trial matches might not always produce the best players.
I also think its no coinsidence that colleges football is strong in Mayo, at a time where the county set up has improved.  Galway won more than their fair share when St. Mary's, the bish, st pats, and jarlaths ruled supreme in the schools game in the provence.
I would also suggest that there be a member of the backround team from north,south and east to go to the club games to keep the pressure on the chosen panel, and spot new players, something Ray tried to do i tkink.

The Bish? When did they rule Connacht Colleges Gaa?

Ya sure they are a soccer school......

I stand Corrected lads... Yer dead right about em... soccer/rugby are their games.
The Question is..... What is the Question?

Farrandeelin

Where in Westport is their pitch? Is it the one at The Paddock or is that Westport United's pitch?  ???
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

StoneWall

Michael Schlingermann was in goals for Sligo Rovers against Bohs on Friday night!

Barney

Any word on where we're at with the panel?

Any drop-outs, interesting additions?

Farrandeelin

I wonder will O'Mahony get the players to train before the close season closes, if you know what I mean. He should have done it last year instead of moaning and whinging at every opportunity when it was too late.

On another note, when is the closing date for the panel this time? :P
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Barney on November 07, 2009, 01:31:40 PM

As far as I know Richie Feeney and Neil Douglas from Mitchles were added to the panel.
R&GS might know of more additions...

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 09, 2009, 09:10:13 AM

As far as I know Richie Feeney and Neil Douglas from Mitchles were added to the panel.

Alan Feeney, not Richie. I didn't hear any other names mentioned as of yet . . .

moysider

What is this panel actually doing does anybody know?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: moysider on November 09, 2009, 11:12:24 PM

Working with the best weight, nutrition and training programmes known to man, of course.

AbbeySider

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 10, 2009, 12:07:23 AM
Quote from: moysider on November 09, 2009, 11:12:24 PM

Working with the best weight, nutrition and training programmes known to man, of course.

Will that make them "the fittest team in Ireland" again this year?

Davitt Man

Jim Kieltys interview on the radio in the build up to the Meath game was annoying and we didnt need to hear it, coming on radio and saying that this "mayo team was the fittest football team he ever saw", thats not the kind of thing you should be saying in the week of a big all ireland q\final, is he back with them this year???

AbbeySider

Quote from: Davitt Man on November 10, 2009, 10:02:37 AM
Jim Kieltys interview on the radio in the build up to the Meath game was annoying and we didnt need to hear it, coming on radio and saying that this "mayo team was the fittest football team he ever saw", thats not the kind of thing you should be saying in the week of a big all ireland q\final, is he back with them this year???

I dont know.
But we were far from the fittest team in Ireland last year. We were out on our feet in the final minutes against Galway and totally died on our feet against Meath. I thought Kielty gave the soundbyte to raise his own profile a bit, but it was a daft thing to say.