Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 29, 2020, 04:04:18 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 29, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 29, 2020, 11:25:35 AM
Chelsea have won 7 matches in the league so far against the teams placed 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th & 20th in the league. The only win recently was against West Ham and they were very lucky to win that too, they didn't play well.

He should be getting hammered in the media, with the squad he inherited and money he's spent he should be top of the league given how many points Liverpool have.

Few lads in here mad looking Lampard sacked. Definitely cost them money before  ;D

I don't get why there is so much disdain for him. There's much worse. I don't think he will see the season out mind you.
United fans seem to have it in for him because they think poor Ole is getting a harder time off the press.
Like it f**king matters  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Leeds 4-0 up away to WBA before halftime?

WTF Liverpool??

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on December 29, 2020, 06:42:45 PM
Leeds 4-0 up away to WBA before halftime?

WTF Liverpool??

They are shagged out from getting a draw v Liverpool!

sid waddell

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 29, 2020, 04:51:28 PM
Chelsea have won 7 matches in the league so far against the teams placed 10th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th & 20th in the league. The only win recently was against West Ham and they were very lucky to win that too, they didn't play well.

He should be getting hammered in the media, with the squad he inherited and money he's spent he should be top of the league given how many points Liverpool have.

Few lads in here mad looking Lampard sacked. Definitely cost them money before  ;D

I don't get why there is so much disdain for him. There's much worse. I don't think he will see the season out mind you.

If he was French he'd be grand. Not doing a whole pile wrong for me. Not at the top of the league but the way the league is at the minute two wins in a row springs you into a title race.
It's the other way around

If he was Franco Lampardo and had been plucked from Serie B obscurity he'd be gone long ago

Like European trophy-winning Maurizio Sarri

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: sid waddell on December 29, 2020, 08:34:56 PM

If he was French he'd be grand. Not doing a whole pile wrong for me. Not at the top of the league but the way the league is at the minute two wins in a row springs you into a title race.

If he was Franco Lampardo and had been plucked from Serie B obscurity he'd be gone long ago

That was the same Sarri that hadn't won an argument before he came to Chelsea?

Only one team can win the title each year. Is there no such thing as affording time anymore? Klopp had 4 or 5 years before he won anything at Liverpool for example and he had a 20+ year managerial career before that. Lampard is only in year 3 full stop.

Chelsea isn't the best place to learn on the job, but that he is. He'll get sacked eventually, that's just Chelsea but at the moment they have signed about 6 or 7 new starters and are trying to bed them in, in the most complicated, crushed up calender ever seen in football. The rush to get him the boot is a strange one.

From the Bunker

Big Sam looks to have turned WBA around!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Manchester United's Liverpool 2013/14 impersonation continues

The quietest title challenge ever

imtommygunn

Didn't really deserve that from what I saw.

J70

Maybe that will wake Liverpool up now and stop the complacency against some of these "lesser" teams.

Boycey

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 29, 2020, 08:40:57 PM

Only one team can win the title each year. Is there no such thing as affording time anymore? Klopp had 4 or 5 years before he won anything at Liverpool for example and he had a 20+ year managerial career before that. Lampard is only in year 3 full stop.

Chelsea isn't the best place to learn on the job, but that he is. He'll get sacked eventually, that's just Chelsea but at the moment they have signed about 6 or 7 new starters and are trying to bed them in, in the most complicated, crushed up calender ever seen in football. The rush to get him the boot is a strange one.

Ur still sort of missing the point there is no rush to get him the boot certainly not in the media that I can see... People are just pointing out that if he was Johnny Foreigner would he be getting the same treatment from the English press given the talent he has at his disposal?

I've nothing particularly against him and don't watch Chelsea enough to say whether he's doing a good job or not

nrico2006

Quote from: Boycey on December 29, 2020, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 29, 2020, 08:40:57 PM

Ur still sort of missing the point there is no rush to get him the boot certainly not in the media that I can see... People are just pointing out that if he was Johnny Foreigner would he be getting the same treatment from the English press given the talent he has at his disposal?

I've nothing particularly against him and don't watch Chelsea enough to say whether he's doing a good job or not

Compare the treatment Solskjaer has got compared to Lampard.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Why is that a surprise? Lampard is English....he's the only English manager at a club that wins anything. What did you all expect? The English to hammer their own? Sure Kane is running around nearly on a weekly basis now doing that sneaky thing that causes opposition players to fall on their necks or certainly awkwardly....remember Diego Costa?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 03:01:53 PM
Why is that a surprise? Lampard is English....he's the only English manager at a club that wins anything. What did you all expect? The English to hammer their own? Sure Kane is running around nearly on a weekly basis now doing that sneaky thing that causes opposition players to fall on their necks or certainly awkwardly....remember Diego Costa?

Murphy's dog is out again?

brokencrossbar1

QuoteWe can confirm that our Premier League home fixture against Fulham, scheduled to take place this evening (Wednesday 30 December), has been postponed.

The Premier League informed us of the decision this afternoon, with Fulham having requested the postponement on the grounds of the number of COVID-19 positive cases among their players and staff.

Everyone at Tottenham Hotspur sends their best wishes to Fulham for a safe and speedy recovery to all those who are affected.

Details of a new date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.

QuoteEverton Football Club regret the postponement of tonight's match against Manchester City - not only for the 2,000 fans who would have been attending, but for supporters on Merseyside and across the world.

Our players were prepared for the game, as were both the team staff and everyone at Goodison. Matchday is the most important date in our calendar. And this was a big one.

Whilst Everton will always have public safety uppermost, we will be requesting full disclosure of all the information that Manchester City provided to the Premier League so the Club can be clear on why this decision was taken

Spurs v Fulham game off. Some difference in the tone between Spurs statement and Everton's.