Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Targetman on April 22, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
Mo's not happy, he can't find his drink!!

How is his asthma holding up ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

All you Bingo fans he went through half way in 1.27.09

Targetman

Quote from: Minder on April 22, 2018, 11:03:11 AM
Quote from: Targetman on April 22, 2018, 10:35:05 AM
Mo's not happy, he can't find his drink!!

How is his asthma holding up ?
I think the medication's working well!!

imtommygunn

Thyroid not active enough though... ;)

He said the drink station person went to take a photo. Arsehole lol.

Don't know anyone from on here ll.

Mary keitany fairly blew. Fair play to her for finishing.

Boycey

Bingo finished in 2.59.39

Rittal

Friend of mine did it. Finished in 4:00:05 he's gutted to be so close to sub 4 but not get it. Said conditions were very hard.

I'm wrong it was actually 3:00:05 and he's gutted not to go sub 3.

Milltown Row2

Few friends I know going it, checking their splits and they are slower than expected ! Conditions proving to be tough!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Savage performance by Bingo. Followed him on the tracker..he put the shoe down to nip under 3!
Conditions looked very hard.
Great performance by Mohammed Farah despite all his medical conditions  ::)

Fair play to Keitany to go for it...legs were shot, how I know that feeling blowing black smoke in a marathon ..pain!

bamboo

Seen Bingo at 24 miles and he was flying. Brother was doing his 1st and ran 3:45:48. Fecker had only ran a 5k when he moved over here a year ago!!

Heat was unreal, even watching it was a mission.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on April 22, 2018, 04:02:49 PM
Savage performance by Bingo. Followed him on the tracker..he put the shoe down to nip under 3!
Conditions looked very hard.
Great performance by Mohammed Farah despite all his medical conditions  ::)

Fair play to Keitany to go for it...legs were shot, how I know that feeling blowing black smoke in a marathon ..pain!
Great going from bingo in that heat. He had a picture of himself on facebook the other night wearing some sort of recovery aid machine on his legs. It must have worked!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

I know a fella who blew up at 22 miles with heat exhaustion and medics wouldn't let him continue. Gutted especially as had raised a good few quid for charity.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 22, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
I know a fella who blew up at 22 miles with heat exhaustion and medics wouldn't let him continue. Gutted especially as had raised a good few quid for charity.

Two marathons lately, Boston and people were suffering from hypothermia and today in London heat exhaustion! Bad enough doing it without the elements making it hundred times worse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 22, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
That would be sickening alright.  I remember seeing a runner about 500 yards from the finish at Dublin Marathon in 2014 being pulled off the course after collapsing. She was pleading with the medics to let her finish but they were having none of it.

laoislad

The BBC do a fantastic job covering the London Marathon. Even after the elites are finished I love hearing the stories about some of the ordinary runners.
Pity RTE don't do similar with Dublin Marathon.

mrdeeds

Gary O Hanlon had some time.